A good single player story mode guide? Mods that improve the story?

StefanDodo

Hey guys

I have just reinstalled Ark, got all the remaining DLCs that I didn't own, and I plan to treat myself in the following months with doing the maps in a story progressive way. 

Any good guide for that? I forgot a lot of things. Meaning that I forgot all :D Also, any good mods that improve the story? I am going to play SP since I like to heavily customize my games, and change on the fly when I want something. Also I don't have time for MP.

I understand that the order is The Island, Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction, Genesis: Part 1 and Genesis: Part 2. But I'd also like some story wise tips, if any. 

Thank you

Thank you. Sorry for the late reply, I was expecting for email notifications, I thought nobody answered :D I made a short plan, doing the maps in the right order, doing the dungeons, doing the bosses, doing the achievements, transcending the ark. And waiting for Ark 2 :D 

I will definitely enjoy this time a lot since I have upgraded the PC, last time I played the Ark on a 660 and then a 1060 GPU. 

16 hours ago, StefanDodo said:

Also, any good mods that improve the story?

I don't know of any mods that help the story in any way, but there are some good videos on youtube in which people have either summarized the lore from the explorer's notes and even expanded on them a little bit by helping explain the narrative.

Since the actual explorer notes are hidden all over the place and many are hard to find, trying to discover the stories in-game will be nearly impossible. My suggestion would be to find a good youtuber who has done a good job with the lore and during each map watch a couple of their videos that match where you are progressing in the game. It think this will give you a much better feeling through playing through the back-story of ARK than anything you could accomplish with discovering the notes.

Thanks, but I'd rather try to find the notes myself, then use guides for the ones I can't find. I absolutely hate watching videos of any type (movies excluded lol), unless it's a tutorial I need, and even then, I hate videos that waste my time with lot of out of topic content. 

*No need to check note guides for the harder ones. Found "Explorer Note Tracker - Universal" that helps with that, seems to have an immersion friendly option too.

Late to the party but if you are planning on doing the story the only advice I might offer is that once you beat a map and move to the next one, don't take anything with you. Sure, take things back to your main base on the island if you want to keep your stuff. But until you beat a map, do it from scratch on each map. Once you've beaten a map, then you can bring things over from already beaten maps to help have some fun and get the things you might have missed.

I actually tried doing it with taking stuff from previous maps and you just flew through each new map. It didn't feel right. I'm doing it again but this time not taking things to new maps until I've beaten them and it's much more enjoyable, but that might just be me too  😆

Archived