Introducing: ARK: Ultimate Survivor Edition on Nintendo Switch!

Cedric

On 7/14/2022 at 6:36 AM, Radagastbron said:

So do I need to buy a new game Cart if I still have the first one I bought? Or will my game cart's data on the switch be overwritten with the newly written game data? Or am i over thinking how updates work?

It will just say ark needs an update u will update it and all ur save data will be there and all graphics with new dlc scorched earth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 11:51 AM, TyMAH65RU said:

I partially agree with you, but only the base game will be free, all other add-ons will be for money, which WC writes about. Therefore, it is not correct to say that WC updated the game for free.

Will people with the base game get scorched earth and the dlcs for free? Thats what I’m confused about

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, watermelonnn said:

Will people with the base game get scorched earth and the dlcs for free? Thats what I’m confused about

They are pretty clear about it. Only the base game is free if you already own it on Switch. The paid DLCs are not free.

"All the improvements coming to the base ARK: Survival Evolved game will, of course, be FREE for everyone who already owns ARK: Survival Evolved on Nintendo Switch.  Players who own the base game can also opt to purchase the Expansion Packs if they wish."

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, Rampage3521 said:

So are we getting the free maps aswell? I really want them but I feel like they wont add them in

Not according to this announcement. That's not to say it won't happen at some point, but I would doubt it because adapting those free maps to Switch would cost a lot of development time. Nobody works for free.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, watermelonnn said:

does anybody know if the free maps are coming to switch? I know that the ragnarok files are in the game because of griffins but, Its Switch so Idk

Look at the post just right above yours...

As of now, WildCard has not said the free maps are coming to Switch. Nothing official has stated that will happen as of today.

11 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Look at the post just right above yours...

As of now, WildCard has not said the free maps are coming to Switch. Nothing official has stated that will happen as of today.

yeah i saw the post lmao, but i was seeing if anyone else has heard about dlcs, its not just ur info thats correct chill

It might be a good idea (assuming this relaunch is successful) to develop a few of the extra maps, but not offer them for free.  Maybe something like ten dollars or so (I have no idea what the going rate is).  I'm sure plenty of people would be willing to pay for some of the extra maps.  I'd really like to see Ragnarok, but that's just me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, ObstinateSparrow said:

It's September already?  Wow, time flies.  So, now that it's September, does anyone know about the release date?  (I am a little anxious to know!)

They have confirmed it will be released 25 October. So a little bit longer wait i'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

October 25?  I'm cool with that.  (I haven't been on this site in a while...)

This question may be premature, but will the Ultimate Edition on Switch get a physical copy (cartridge), or will it be download only?  I know that if it did get a cartridge, it would have only the Island and all other maps would have to be downloaded... but I just like cartridges.  Either way I plan on buying the Ultimate Edition.  Eventually.  Maybe Christmas. (I like to wait a little while to see what happens.)

Sorry for rambling.