Introducing: ARK: Ultimate Survivor Edition on Nintendo Switch!

Cedric

6 hours ago, SinGod7730 said:

How do you expect the game to flourish if you allow cheaters to live openly on server 38 in front of everyone while they go in mesh raid peoples bases inside people in our toxic as heck. Unless you find a way to patch the players ability to rollback the server by placing a dodo inside of the volcano the ice cave or the lava cave there’s absolutely no way your game on Nintendo will flourish. They have massive amounts of mesh defense as well as mesh bases on that server how is anyone expected to raid when most people don’t even know what mesh is? You can’t beat a tribe like that they cheat cheat and sheet and nobody wins but then that’s not fun.

Good thing for me, that i don't play it online (Singleplayer sounds like fun)

9 hours ago, Gingimaddog said:

After soo many years of complaining to the devs i am soo happy they are coming back to fix the game, I m happy someone at wildcard realized where the money can be made of switch I m soo happy after all the complaints finally the game is being worked one.

But the question is, will it take over 90 GB and most importantly can the Nintendo switch handle the game.? (Only one way to find out)

On 4/29/2022 at 3:12 AM, unikitty said:

But the question is, will it take over 90 GB and most importantly can the Nintendo switch handle the game.? (Only one way to find out)

I dont think so it will be, you just need to thing about it logically for instance I play on pc its over 329 GB cause it has all presets from low settings to Ultra 4K textures so if you think about it those textures are super heavy in size, the switch will most likely target 720P so the textures high be way lower so i m thinking the game will go around 30 to 40 gigs maybe who knows.

Great question handheld should be a number one priority to the team, as thats how i also play, but Nintendo should add a performance mode on the switch letting the switch overclock its frequency abit more on handheld, I overclocked my normal OG switch and honestly its a great experience on handheld.

Another point the new UE engine will also play a good part and i dont think wildcard would relaunch the game on switch if they weren't confident enough that the game runs good, lets just pray the port is good, even the port we have no is good base cause we know are can even run on poop hardware at a cost but at a stable frame rate.

I m sure this talented team is Panic button or epic games themselves who knows lets see what unfolds in the future :)

I bought the game on launch fought with the ced soo many times about the game and just got sick of it but happy to see the money i spent was worth it :) 

On 4/25/2022 at 1:02 AM, unikitty said:

Shame on you, didn't your parents taught you any manners? (Show Some Respect)

I agree game development is hard, its even more harder when its a living and breathing world where if you change one line of code at once the entire game could get wiped, the devs need time to research through the millions of lines of code to see how they can ban hackers without breaking the game.

13 hours ago, Gingimaddog said:

I dont think so it will be, you just need to thing about it logically for instance I play on pc its over 329 GB cause it has all presets from low settings to Ultra 4K textures so if you think about it those textures are super heavy in size, the switch will most likely target 720P so the textures high be way lower so i m thinking the game will go around 30 to 40 gigs maybe who knows.

Great question handheld should be a number one priority to the team, as thats how i also play, but Nintendo should add a performance mode on the switch letting the switch overclock its frequency abit more on handheld, I overclocked my normal OG switch and honestly its a great experience on handheld.

Another point the new UE engine will also play a good part and i dont think wildcard would relaunch the game on switch if they weren't confident enough that the game runs good, lets just pray the port is good, even the port we have no is good base cause we know are can even run on poop hardware at a cost but at a stable frame rate.

I m sure this talented team is Panic button or epic games themselves who knows lets see what unfolds in the future :)

I bought the game on launch fought with the ced soo many times about the game and just got sick of it but happy to see the money i spent was worth it :) 

Well that was a lot of reading. (Thanks for the information)

13 hours ago, Gingimaddog said:

I agree game development is hard, its even more harder when its a living and breathing world where if you change one line of code at once the entire game could get wiped, the devs need time to research through the millions of lines of code to see how they can ban hackers without breaking the game.

I'm not familiar with online and stuff since I only play the game offline (singleplayer).

On 4/30/2022 at 8:08 AM, unikitty said:

I'm not familiar with online and stuff since I only play the game offline (singleplayer).

Damn brah online is where its the best, if you join a fun server its like living in a actual world, having friends showing off your tames trading, trust me play online, not on the switch in the state that its in but after the update maybe.

On 4/18/2022 at 8:04 AM, Umber0010 said:

Hey uh, any plans to bring the updated EU4 stuff to PC? because that sounds like it would help a lot.

Actually, a lot of that stuff would be cool on PC. surprised to see it's coming to the switch of all things.

I think right now the switch is in dire need of revival, and I dont think ark will get the UE cause ark 2 is just around the order so the whole rework for pc and other consoles is just not worth it i guess.

3 hours ago, KingNature said:

Je trouve cool que les développeurs refont Ark en édition complète sur switch. je me demande si ils vont mettres dlc lost islande et fjordur en plus ça serrais bien.

English: I think it's cool that the developers are redoing Ark as a full edition on switch.  I wonder if they will put dlc lost island and fjordur in addition it would be good.

On 4/19/2022 at 10:51 PM, An0ldfatman said:

Are the servers going to get a wipe or do I get to keep all my progress?   Please don't wipe servers!

Don't worry, the base game isn't going to be wiped. They're just adding ultimate survivor edition to the switch as a seperate purchase, and they're also adding scorched earth, aberration, extinction, gen 1, gen 2, as purchasable dlc to the main game, and also giving all the free dlc to the main game too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 8:11 PM, HighFlyer15 said:

The Switch version was garbo so they had to do something about it.

Pretty impressive to see that they're putting this much effort into it and for free. The Switch deserves to get what its getting. Maybe the PC version will get a similar treatment but for now the Switch definitely deserved to be saved.

I don't know what does that mean, but I like the sound of it, (can someone explain what does the "latest version of unreal 4 engine coming to switch" means? (Sorry I'm a noob :P)

Just to clear this up for Nintendo Switch owners, after initial release and unfulfilled promises of the Ark experience on Switch like everyone else (which was all lies btw) from over 3 years ago with the old 7 year old beta build thats been broken since launch, Wild Card has graciously decided to allow us the actual full unbroken version, coded for the game system properly this time. Wild Card also intends to allow us free access to all the DLC maps that were free to begin with for everyone else, yes, that's right folks, Wild Card actually sales pitching Switch owners with free maps that were FREE TO BEGIN WITH. Then, Wild Card is also gonna charge you extra for all the content dated back 7 years and since the launch of your broken version 3 years ago. To top it off, Wild Card would now also like to include Nintendo Switch owners in all events including evolution events that you have been denied access to for over 3 years. Congratulations Nintendo Switch owners, feel special about this. They might actually not be lying to us this time.

Edited by MaliciousBane
  • Facepalm 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pause, lag, stutter stutter, stutter, lag, DC, failed log in over and over....lag..stutter...dc...failed log in...lose tames to dc, stutter, stutter, lag, stutter, DC. 

That is the entirety of your game experiences with Ark on Nintendo Switch, and that's just the connective issues and server garbage, I find brokenness in this game every single day, something new. I can show videos of just how bad this was done in the first place and even the very same sales pitch they used to sell this to us the first time around and then left us unsupported for over 3 years. Entire community has quit, extremely few of us left who have had any success in the game whatsoever in the past 3 years.

I bet Ark devs themselves cant play this version with any success, its that broken and unsupported. Our servers are a joke. 

Same sales pitch? Really?

On 6/2/2022 at 7:21 PM, MaliciousBane said:

Pause, lag, stutter stutter, stutter, lag, DC, failed log in over and over....lag..stutter...dc...failed log in...lose tames to dc, stutter, stutter, lag, stutter, DC. 

That is the entirety of your game experiences with Ark on Nintendo Switch, and that's just the connective issues and server garbage, I find brokenness in this game every single day, something new. I can show videos of just how bad this was done in the first place and even the very same sales pitch they used to sell this to us the first time around and then left us unsupported for over 3 years. Entire community has quit, extremely few of us left who have had any success in the game whatsoever in the past 3 years.

I bet Ark devs themselves cant play this version with any success, its that broken and unsupported. Our servers are a joke. 

Same sales pitch? Really?

Don't worry, they got this (hopefully)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 4:56 AM, Naykrac said:

Tengo algunas preguntas ¿para cuando pase la actualización como será?  ¿se agregaran los dlc gratuitos? ¿Cuanto pesará?

Your question in English:

I have some questions, what will it be like when the update happens?  Will the free dlcs be added?  How much will it weight?

it will be like the Xbox and PS4 (that what they said), it's probably gonna be around 20 GB or something since the Nintendo switch can't handle anything over 32 GB, which's the thing with bigger games like ARK!🤔

Ark Complete for Switch!

This is exactly what I have been waiting for.  Figures it happen after I'd resigned myself to the glitchy laggy Island map and blurry dinos... but that's how things work.  And there are still people who LOVE Ark on the Switch.

With all the bad news in the world lately, this was a needed piece of good news.  I can hardly wait!  YAY!

• 2 weeks later...