Community Crunch 311: Andrewsarchus Creature Spotlight and More!

StudioWildcard

Greetings Survivors!

Today we're excited to welcome you to a special Creature Spotlight edition of the Community Crunch! Jump in for your first look at Andrewsarchus, in action. This opportunistic whippomorph is an upcoming creature included with the free DLC map Fjordur!

andrewspotlight.png

Mount a minigun and cause havoc with the upcoming Andrewsarchus saddle!  Though Andrewsarchus may not be able to absorb as much damage as some of ARK's larger creatures, it's sure to cause a of mayhem while protecting its rider in an airtight enclosure.

Check out this post for more information on the new creatures that will arrive with Fjordur in June 2022!!

ARK_Dossier_Andrewsarchus_low.jpg

eggcellent.png

ARK_EggcellentAdventure7_2022_Social_Post_1920x1080.jpg

Eggcellent Adventure 7 is live!  Follow the trails of wild Bunny Dodo's and Bunny Oviraptor's to gather Bunny Eggs for special event loot. Place down Bunny Eggs to paint on them, or use them in a Crafting Pot to craft special holiday-themed cosmetics including 5 new chibi's and a full-body bunny suit costume!

event_rates_EA.png

• Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Classic: 6x XP, 6x Harvesting, 6x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval

See the full event details here!

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There is an ongoing EVO Event included with Eggcellent Adventure.

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

• Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Classic: 6x XP, 6x Harvesting, 6x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval

communitycorner.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot GalleryArtist Feedback Form

communitystories_.png

Dodo#6097

this was back in the early days a couple weeks after gigas were added and back when it was a big deal to have them. We traded the alpha tribe on our server 50 metal foundations for a giga egg (yeah they weren't too bright giving away their giga lines for some metal foundations lol) We were on official pvp and back then dinos grew up much much slower. Cryopods were not a thing back then so we agreed to take turns with the night shift to feed it. Eventually we all got off for the day except the tribemate that had the first night shift. Next morning we got on to find that the tribemate who was on the night shift had fallen asleep at his computer and the giga had starved to death

clipsvideos.png

Creator: GG Fizz

GG Fizz shows off an epic medieval-styled castle in his latest video!

Creator: Negan XII

Check out this amazing base tour of an ARK Official PvP megatribe!

fanart_2.png

Reaper Empress by UmbraDaiwrf0l

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_ReaperEmpress_

Maewing From ARK by kitt0hokage

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Maewing_1920x1

Parasaur by Aurakin-Arts

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Parasaur_1920x

Main Survivor Speedrun by @NeoVanilluxe

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Speedrun_1920x

ARK 2 by @dibujosdevan

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_ARK2_1920x1080

Hootie Hoo :: Ark by MissLovely

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_MissLovely_192

Messy Painting by Sunthoon#0432

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_MessyPaint_192

screen.png

@maroichigo0220

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_maroichigo0220

@kitaca_gm

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_kitaca_gm_1920

Have an eggcellent weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

I not sure if wildcard reads the comments on there videos but I just had to say this. Thank you for making this incredible game as it’s has help me many times when I been anxious and depress. Anyway I do miss the old spotlight style videos what you guys did in the early days of Ark and seeing this video this morning brought a huge smile to my face so thank you for this. I’m sad that we coming to end of Ark 1 and I had plenty great adventures on your game and I looking forward to Fjordur and the future thanks guys

• Like 4

First, I definitely like that spotlight video, it is pretty cool to see how the devs intend for something to be used.  Now for the other side, probably be a pretty hot ticket tame in PvP for a while, until it gets nerfed and it WILL get nerfed.  Even as cool as the video is, how many servers has anyone been on, PvP or PvE, where people actually play the game the way they portray in that video?  Short answer A VERY SMALL FEW, if any at all.  If you guys wanted it to be more realistic into how the game play ACTUALLY goes, someone would have tossed out a giga and took it out.  Not trying to be Johnny Rain Cloud, that’s just reality.  Depending on the stats and the quality saddle, ya might be able to take out a giga with a few of those flanking each side of it, but my bet even that scenario would only warrant 1 giga, not multiple.  Maybe if you at WC actually played the game you would see how outdated your portrayal of game play is.  You would probably also find out how unstable the servers are (especially Gen2).  It’s ok, we get that deep down Ark 1 is distant history to you already, even though you haven’t come out with one thing regarding Ark 2 in over a year.  

The middle of this year is only 2 months away, and nothing from you as regards to your plans for Ark 1, any sort of what you’re goal is for Ark 2.  Whether it be creatures, building materials, map sizes literally nothing!  Basically what I’m getting at is COMMUNICATING TO YOUR PLAYER BASE WILDCARD!  You can fill us in on things without revealing hardly ANYTHING regarding Ark 2.  Personally I’m more concerned with the future of Ark 1.  Most people are not going to rush out and get the next gen console just to play Ark 2, IMO you’d be better off waiting a year, let people acquire the next gen console, THEN release Ark 2.  To me that’s the smart way.  I’ll end this with, please just fix the rollbacks on Gen 2, it’s getting stupid at this point, and filling out tickets is getting old especially when there’s nothing but crickets out of WC.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, ccz2887 said:

Even as cool as the video is, how many servers has anyone been on, PvP or PvE, where people actually play the game the way they portray in that video?  Short answer A VERY SMALL FEW, if any at all.  If you guys wanted it to be more realistic into how the game play ACTUALLY goes, someone would have tossed out a giga and took it out.

And that would be a very lame video. I doubt the devs want to portray PvP official server realism.

I think Ark 2 news will be coming soon, I suspect maybe in the lead up to JW Dominion. They said recently it will be soon, so I'm guessing around 2 months, maybe once Fjordur is released.

A bit odd in my opinion that we get a creature spotlight video of the andrewsarchus before desmodus considering the latter would theoretically dredge up more hype as a contest winning creature. I'm guessing they're just saving it's in game model reveal for the fjordur trailer along with the fenrir and fjordhawk. 

2 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

First, I definitely like that spotlight video, it is pretty cool to see how the devs intend for something to be used.  Now for the other side, probably be a pretty hot ticket tame in PvP for a while, until it gets nerfed and it WILL get nerfed.  Even as cool as the video is, how many servers has anyone been on, PvP or PvE, where people actually play the game the way they portray in that video?  Short answer A VERY SMALL FEW, if any at all.  If you guys wanted it to be more realistic into how the game play ACTUALLY goes, someone would have tossed out a giga and took it out.  Not trying to be Johnny Rain Cloud, that’s just reality.  Depending on the stats and the quality saddle, ya might be able to take out a giga with a few of those flanking each side of it, but my bet even that scenario would only warrant 1 giga, not multiple.  Maybe if you at WC actually played the game you would see how outdated your portrayal of game play is.  You would probably also find out how unstable the servers are (especially Gen2).  It’s ok, we get that deep down Ark 1 is distant history to you already, even though you haven’t come out with one thing regarding Ark 2 in over a year.  

The middle of this year is only 2 months away, and nothing from you as regards to your plans for Ark 1, any sort of what you’re goal is for Ark 2.  Whether it be creatures, building materials, map sizes literally nothing!  Basically what I’m getting at is COMMUNICATING TO YOUR PLAYER BASE WILDCARD!  You can fill us in on things without revealing hardly ANYTHING regarding Ark 2.  Personally I’m more concerned with the future of Ark 1.  Most people are not going to rush out and get the next gen console just to play Ark 2, IMO you’d be better off waiting a year, let people acquire the next gen console, THEN release Ark 2.  To me that’s the smart way.  I’ll end this with, please just fix the rollbacks on Gen 2, it’s getting stupid at this point, and filling out tickets is getting old especially when there’s nothing but crickets out of WC.

Presumably if you're using a creature with ranged capability you're gonna be sensible and keep it well out of biting range of most things. Defeats the purpose of a gun mounted creature otherwise. That aside if you want realistic then the second that giga went out someone would whip out a shadowmane or mana in response to stunlock it into oblivion. As for the ark2 radio silence I'd actually prefer they keep their traps shut on it during development. Perhaps announce if they intend to delay it but otherwise stay quiet so as to avoid building expectations too high. I agree with you on the fact that it's release needs to be pushed back though; console availability is just too limited on 2/3rds of the player base and I doubt the pc would keep wildcard afloat seeing as they've got mod maps for days to explore long before they look at ark 2. They should use that time to further optimize their sequel.

3 hours ago, GP said:

And that would be a very lame video. I doubt the devs want to portray PvP official server realism.

I think Ark 2 news will be coming soon, I suspect maybe in the lead up to JW Dominion. They said recently it will be soon, so I'm guessing around 2 months, maybe once Fjordur is released.

I know it would be, PvP is kinda lame from what I’ve seen.  That’s why the majority of the player base is PvE (for official servers not unofficial).  My point was in that whole thing was that the devs are out of touch with how the game is played.  Most of them admit that they haven’t picked up a controller/keyboard to play the actual game in years.  In my opinion because of that we, as the players, suffer.  As far as Ark 2 news, being honest here, I don’t give 2 dodo eggs about Ark 2 right now.  Neither does most of the people I’ve talked to on my server.  The general sentiment is we all just got the biggest middle finger to date from WC, me included.  My point with that was the communication (or lack there of) is absurd.  Players want to know the general plan so we can prepare ourselves, bases, tames you name it.  I have many years in this game and I get WC has never been gold star rated on their communication, but something like this?  There needs to be more coming down the pipe from Wildcard than the sound of crickets, and half the time we don’t even get that.  I had a friend tell me just this morning that his tribe is seriously thinking about giving this game a send off for good, and it’s because of years of dealing with WC’s handling of this game.

2 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Presumably if you're using a creature with ranged capability you're gonna be sensible and keep it well out of biting range of most things. Defeats the purpose of a gun mounted creature otherwise. That aside if you want realistic then the second that giga went out someone would whip out a shadowmane or mana in response to stunlock it into oblivion. As for the ark2 radio silence I'd actually prefer they keep their traps shut on it during development. Perhaps announce if they intend to delay it but otherwise stay quiet so as to avoid building expectations too high. I agree with you on the fact that it's release needs to be pushed back though; console availability is just too limited on 2/3rds of the player base and I doubt the pc would keep wildcard afloat seeing as they've got mod maps for days to explore long before they look at ark 2. They should use that time to further optimize their sequel.

You’re right cosmic, someone probably would counter the giga, but my point in that was how often in this game do things actually go as planned.  I have a saying “Ark law makes Murphy’s Law go cry in a corner like a little girl”, and we have ALL experienced that at one time or another.  I agree with you that development wise and content that’s in Ark 2, yeah keep the traps shut.  What I was referring to is the fact that the only thing we’ve gotten out of WC is “this is the last year of events for Ark 1”, ok so what does that mean?  Are they going to pull the same stunt they did with legacy?  I realize that it also means the end of events for Ark 1, but there’s many other questions that come up behind that statement that have nothing to do with anything content related for Ark 2.  Yeah not pushing back Ark 2 is a stupid move for a number of different reasons on WC part.  And that falls into my previous issue with the no events after this year for Ark 1.  What if they do decide to postpone Ark 2 for another year or half a year?  I just think that this being the last year for events was a smidge premature, and I’m not the only one.

2 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

that the only thing we’ve gotten out of WC is “this is the last year of events for Ark 1”, ok so what does that mean?  Are they going to pull the same stunt they did with legacy?  I realize that it also means the end of events for Ark 1, but there’s many other questions that come up behind that statement that have nothing to do with anything content related for Ark 2.  Yeah not pushing back Ark 2 is a stupid move for a number of different reasons on WC part.  And that falls into my previous issue with the no events after this year for Ark 1.  What if they do decide to postpone Ark 2 for another year or half a year?  I just think that this being the last year for events was a smidge premature, and I’m not the only one.

I'm inclined to agree that they're jumping the gun on that. Wildcard is infamous for postponing their projects for months at a time, best to leave events as is until they're dead certain that they're releasing ark 2 this year. As in, "we have this thing ready to pop and just need the go ahead from Sony, Microsoft, and steam to ship it" levels of certain. That said I more or less have no horse in the race where events on official is concerned. Chances are that unless they pull the codes for events altogether as long as nitrado and other server providers continue letting the unofficials stay up there will always be events there, even if they don't add new content. All it requires is that the server owners manually activate the events. 

19 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

I'm inclined to agree that they're jumping the gun on that. Wildcard is infamous for postponing their projects for months at a time, best to leave events as is until they're dead certain that they're releasing ark 2 this year. As in, "we have this thing ready to pop and just need the go ahead from Sony, Microsoft, and steam to ship it" levels of certain. That said I more or less have no horse in the race where events on official is concerned. Chances are that unless they pull the codes for events altogether as long as nitrado and other server providers continue letting the unofficials stay up there will always be events there, even if they don't add new content. All it requires is that the server owners manually activate the events. 

If they do the same thing they did with this years valentine's day code then you won't be able to have events at all, either on a un-offical server or as as solo peep. I tried re-adding the codes to keep it longer but, it no longer worked. Dino colors didn't spawn & I couldn't craft any of the items so I'm pretty sure it 100% over on all events. 

33 minutes ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

If they do the same thing they did with this years valentine's day code then you won't be able to have events at all, either on a un-offical server or as as solo peep. I tried re-adding the codes to keep it longer but, it no longer worked. Dino colors didn't spawn & I couldn't craft any of the items so I'm pretty sure it 100% over on all events. 

Well that's unfortunate. I guess the breeders that tamed event colors ahead of time'll be excited to have more trade prospects, however I really feel the need to reiterate that I don't think they should be jumping the gun THIS hard unless they know with near absolute certainty that ark 2 will drop when they say it will. Can't run a hype train when the customer's interest is naught but coal dust.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Well that's unfortunate. I guess the breeders that tamed event colors ahead of time'll be excited to have more trade prospects, however I really feel the need to reiterate that I don't think they should be jumping the gun THIS hard unless they know with near absolute certainty that ark 2 will drop when they say it will. Can't run a hype train when the customer's interest is naught but coal dust.

That helps on servers, though it completely screws solo peeps.

They really shouldn't be jumping the gun this hard. Honestly I feel they should have either stated after the last Winter Wonderland that this was the last year for events or, just held off until they knew for sure Ark 2 was going to either launch at the stated time OR, until they saw that Ark 2 wouldn't flop.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

That helps on servers, though it completely screws solo peeps.

They really shouldn't be jumping the gun this hard. Honestly I feel they should have either stated after the last Winter Wonderland that this was the last year for events or, just held off until they knew for sure Ark 2 was going to either launch at the stated time OR, until they saw that Ark 2 wouldn't flop.

It’s unfortunate that it would screw the solo people.  Plus history with this company shows us that somewhere someone gets screwed.

I can’t agree more twisted.  That’s been my main complaint since they announced it.  I honestly just wish more so that they would acknowledge a that (at least as far as I know) gen 2 servers are completely screwed, plagued with rollbacks and crashes.  If this is the last year of events, players who play on Gen 2 are really getting shoved the shaft because of WC’s lack of acknowledgment of a problem, and I personally don’t believe that’s right or fair to us players.  That issue also doesn’t look well for the onset of Ark 2, I personally believe Ark 2 is going to not just flop, but fall right square on it’s face if they try to force that door open at the end of the year or even into next year. I’m just a dumb redneck from upstate NY, but this just seems like a very stupid thing to do on the part of WC.  If they have they’re reasons fine, then they need to help the rest of us understand their reasons and get on their side with those decisions.

17 minutes ago, ccz2887 said:

I’m just a dumb redneck from upstate NY, but this just seems like a very stupid thing to do on the part of WC.

The beautiful hilarity of the entire situation is that you don't need to be particularly intelligent to see that this is a bad idea from a buisiness standpoint. If mishandled, ark 2 could well end up being another atlas, only this time wildcard may not have the same goodwill built up to fall back on. 

• Like 1