fanfiction The tale of my time on The Island

Griffin998

So, this tale starts off on Herbivore Island, where I've begun building a base for our metal smelting needs. My tribemate's been working on the metal for the industrial forge, and we've got 3,000+ coming along nicely. It's been really darn hard to get all the metal to the raft base, so I devised a plan. I would tame a bronto, which could carry the metal as the anky mined it. So, I set off to tame one. I killed two, a level 20 and a level 35, and decided to tame the lvl 95. I started it with 11 tranq darts in a Mastercraft longneck and 34 or so tranq arrows in a regular crossbow (might have had a better one, but whatevs). I climbed up on my weirdly op Moschops, and started tranquing. My Moschops took the hits as I shot, and I ran out of darts. I switched to the crossbow, and I hardly acknowledged the slowly building stars on my stat counter area. Halfway through, I fall asleep (which is ironic, since, y'know-tranquing bronto). Turns out I was hungry, so I ended up falling off, and the bronto and getting almost killed before I woke up and started munching on some cooked meat. I shot the bronto one more time, and it started running. I exuberantly chased after it, only for the bronto to turn back and beat the absolute crap out of me. I respawned at the raft bed, and went on the direwolf to pick my stuff back up. I had not ran out of arrows, so I decided to continue the taming. I ran out of arrows. The bronto was still awake. I ran. And that's it! It was a pretty good ARK session anyway though, made a bit of progress on the base, tamed a Phiomia for the comp. bin, and also tamed a lvl 130 PT with amazing colors. It was a while since I'd played, so the event creatures were still on from the valentine's event, I think. Also made up our first two cryopods, mined a crap ton of metal, , and also made a pump shotgun. And that was pretty much it. Pretty productive, if you ask me. Also, this is going to be the start of a sort of story, where I compile my tales of fortune and woe. Hoping to get more poly at penguin island next time. Happy ARKing!

Day 2: I finally finished the base. I rode around on the parasaur, and it turns out he responds well to commands even without the reins. So I used his exceptional capacity to gather all the materials I need, then crafting them one at a time. I also tried using the Ankylosaurus for stone, but surprisingly, it only leaves behind flint when I try and hit the regular rocks. It looks like I do need one of those doedics everyone's talking about. Anyway, my tribemate asked me for help in crafting more shotgun shells, and I agreed, going out on the anky to gather the flint I needed. Although it does leave behind some of the stone, it's much better at getting flint and metal, so I just manually mined the rocks. We made the shotgun shells, and they do a good bit of damage to anything that gets in their way. Now all we need is a lot more shells, and another shotgun. The base still does need a little more to be completely finished, but it's mostly done. My long-term plans for such bases is one in every biome. So a treetop base in the redwoods, a mountain base in the snow, a massive, sprawling main base on the grasslands, and some kind of small base underwater (eventually). I'm probably not going to build one in the swamp, as it's not exactly a welcoming biome. I'll also build some sort of fortress in the thick jungles of The Island, as they're the most terrifying of the biomes. In there, you can hardly see what's coming at you, and you could get ambushed by a pack of raptors in the blink of an eye! That's all for now! Happy ARKing!

• Griffin998 changed the title to The tale of my time on The Island
  • 3 weeks later...

Day 3: We made up some more shotgun shells. After that, I decided our stegosaur just wasn't cutting it for wood (ba dum tss). So, we decided to tame a mammoth. I got all the resources for a quick and easy trap, and made some tranquilizer darts for my exceptionally good quality longneck rifle. And then we set sail on the raft. After some hard sailing, we reached the Arctic biome, and promptly started to freeze to death. Our teeth chattering, we searched the raft for fur clothing. We had none but for a cap and a pair of leggings. I donned both and scouted out a safe area free of creatures and landed there, mounting the direwolf and running off. I was immediately ambushed by a pack of direwolves, and some large, boar-like creatures with massive teeth that I'd heard called "Daedons". Another name for them was hell pigs, and I immediately understood why. I was killed, and by the high-tech magic of the ARKs, I spawned back in safely on our raft. I woke up to the terrible sounds of our Moschops and direwolf calling out in pain as they were brutally slaughtered by the animals. At that moment, I vowed revenge. I would get myself a Tyrannosaurus rex, and destroy these creatures, as I tamed my way through the Arctic biome, till I had a veritable army. My tribemate was not one for a pinch, although he was armed with a fancy fabricated shotgun and shells for it. I hopped on the raft and yelled to him to climb on. I left my beloved Moschops' and direwolf's bodies behind. I sailed away, my heart tearing in two. As we sailed, a sarco such us viciously attacked our raft. My tribemate tossed the shotgun and the shells to me, and I mercilessly blasted the crocodile until it died, it's body sinking beneath the waves, immediately swarmed by megalodon all vying for a piece of the flesh. We made land, and I knocked a compsognathus out to tame it on a whim, as we had the succulent meat from the sarco. Turns out, it had spoiled. I had to leave the compy, but we did get some meat for my. As I chomped on the meat and sailed the raft, I planned. I plotted. I would tame a Tyrannosaurus rex. I had already named it-Caligula. I would go back, and exact righteous vengeance on the creatures that had taken my creatures away from me, and return triumphant, wearing their pelts like a cloak. This I swore, with only the spirits of my lost tames as witness.

(True story-this actually happened to me in ARK a few days ago, and the plotting and planning is also true.) Until next time, happy ARKing, and good luck!

Archived