how do i get rid of a gap between my walls

CRYMZON

I was building a base and i had a gap between my back row of foundations. I put a triangle foundation in so there was only a small gap in the floor but then when i was putting some walls down it also had the same gap (which for some reason i didnt think would happen). So now i have this not even half a wall wide gap in my base and i cant put any walla there to block it off. Does anyone know what to do

putting the prefect foundation together is super tough. Iv found it best to put a pillar or two down first that will go over any humps or edge's in the ground, then a ceiling tile, then run 2 tiles out from the one ontop of the pillar, and then sink pillars down into the ground from that tile. Keep doing this until you have the final bottom floor shape you want, then go back and re lay the tiles ontop of the pillars that are sticking through the tiles to make it perfectly smooth.

Sadly while you can run over very tiny humps and whatnot thats in the ground with the foundation blocks, usually the first "small to regular sized" bumps or an actual elevation change ruins placement for the foundations. The only way to get around this is to build a flat on pillars above the ground and then the only way to get around the pillar tops from sticking up and out of the ceiling tiles is to relay the whole floor after your done. 
I hope ark 2 has a whole lot more to building than just "here is what we got and that is all there is to it" Or if it does, they have more working for it.

Now if your online pvp, might wanna just stick to a tiny base in the woods or a rat hole.

18 hours ago, CRYMZON said:

I was building a base and i had a gap between my back row of foundations. I put a triangle foundation in so there was only a small gap in the floor but then when i was putting some walls down it also had the same gap (which for some reason i didnt think would happen). So now i have this not even half a wall wide gap in my base and i cant put any walla there to block it off. Does anyone know what to do

As the others have said, a screenshot would give us the best chance to give you an good answer. There are multiple ways to have gaps in walls and therefore multiple possible solutions, without seeing your specific situation it's nearly impossible to give you an answer.

Archived