I just lost my local world. Help!!!!!!!!

Mathayus

Hello there!

I was playing on my local server in Valguero when I left the session and then enter again, but the new one was instead of entering my game appeared the character screen. Then I just made one and spawn where was all my buildings and dinos but there were nothing of it.  What should I do to rescue my progress?

10 hours ago, Mathayus said:

So, Is there no way I can restore it?

Maybe, it depends on whether you tried multiple times to get back into your map.

1) Make sure ARK is not running.

2) Go to the following directory on your computer:

..\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Valguero_PSavedArksLocal

The location of that drive will depend on how you installed ARK, if you used Steam then it will be under ..\Steam\steamapps\common\  or if you used Epic it will be wherever your Epic games are installed.

3) In that directory you should see three files that end with   .ark

Make a copies of the "AntiCorruptionBackup" and "NewLaunchbackup" files, if you have any chance of recovering it's going to be one of those two files.

image.png.2f85da94cc479db9a1f86ba958bc73c0.png

4) Now that you have backups of the two files, try them each, one at a time, by copying them over to replace the "Valguero_P.ark" file.

5) After each file restart ARK and see if it fixed your problem.

6) If one of those files fixes your problem then shut down ARK and make a manual backup copy of Valguero_P.ark

It's a good idea to back up this file at least once a month, or more often if you ever find that you have this problem again.

7) If neither of those files solves your problem then you're out of luck, those are the only two backup copies that the game stores for you.

On 4/10/2022 at 9:58 PM, Pipinghot said:

Maybe, it depends on whether you tried multiple times to get back into your map.

1) Make sure ARK is not running.

2) Go to the following directory on your computer:

..\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Valguero_PSavedArksLocal

The location of that drive will depend on how you installed ARK, if you used Steam then it will be under ..\Steam\steamapps\common\  or if you used Epic it will be wherever your Epic games are installed.

3) In that directory you should see three files that end with   .ark

Make a copies of the "AntiCorruptionBackup" and "NewLaunchbackup" files, if you have any chance of recovering it's going to be one of those two files.

image.png.2f85da94cc479db9a1f86ba958bc73c0.png

4) Now that you have backups of the two files, try them each, one at a time, by copying them over to replace the "Valguero_P.ark" file.

5) After each file restart ARK and see if it fixed your problem.

6) If one of those files fixes your problem then shut down ARK and make a manual backup copy of Valguero_P.ark

It's a good idea to back up this file at least once a month, or more often if you ever find that you have this problem again.

7) If neither of those files solves your problem then you're out of luck, those are the only two backup copies that the game stores for you.

Thanks dude. Do you know how access to this achives if I downloaded from microsoft store?

2 hours ago, Mathayus said:

Thanks dude. Do you know how access to this achives if I downloaded from microsoft store?

My guess would be that it's somewhere under "C:\Program FIles\" or "C:\Program FIles (x86)\", but I don't know for sure. Maybe someone else knows that answer, or you might have to so some web searching. I would search for something like "ARK install location microsoft store".

Archived