Community Crunch 310: Andrewsarchus Reveal, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

Greetings Survivors!

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!  The return of Eggcellent Adventure begins on Monday!  Grab your tribe and hop to all corners of ARK scrambling for colourful Bunny Eggs and eggcellent event loot.

andrew_h.png

ARK_Fjordur_Andrewsarchus_v2_Social_Post_1920x1080.jpg

Andrewsarchus makes its way to Fjordur packing an arsenal of utility!  Andrewsarchus may seem sluggish while foraging for a meal, but they can move unexpectedly fast when provoked. Once tamed, its saddle will allow you to mount a minigun to the back of it!

Check out this post for more information on the new creatures that will arrive with Fjordur in June 2022!!

ARK_Fjordur_Dossier_Andrewsarchus.jpg

eggcellent.png

ARK_EggcellentAdventure7_2022_Social_Post_1920x1080.jpg

Eggcellent Adventure 7 begins on Monday!  From Monday, April 11th through Monday, April 25th, follow the trails of wild Bunny Dodo's and Bunny Oviraptor's to gather Bunny Eggs for special event loot. Place down Bunny Eggs to paint on them, or use them in a Crafting Pot to craft special holiday-themed cosmetics including 5 new chibi's and a full-body bunny suit costume!

See the full event details here!

ARK  Survival Evolved Screenshot 2022.03.30 - 16.30.57.08.jpg

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There is an ongoing EVO Event.  The event will remain live until Eggcellent Adventure rates are active!  You can find the rates below:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

• Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval
  • Classic: 6x XP, 2x Harvesting, 6x Taming, and 6x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval

communitycorner.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot GalleryArtist Feedback Form

communitystories_.png

Noow33#3702

I just went chopping wood for the industrial grinder, and when i came back to my base i got a few death notifications of my tribe's dinos. I had left the gate open and a level 100 raptor killed 3 good dinos. My tribemates won't be happy.
Moral of the story: leave at least a few dinos on neutral.

PotatoChip#8458

So one time while breeding theris I had a ton of extra ones that I didn’t need (ugly colors, bad muts, etc) so I wanted to get rid of them. I had been farming a lot of apex drops, knowing that once I was done breeding I would fight bosses. I had enough drops to run the broodmother a few times, so I took the theris into the gamma fight. Once it began it went really well, and I ended up winning. A few days later I decided to try my hand at the beta broodmother. After I started the fight it was only minutes until all of my dinos were dead, and I was running for my life. I did not survive

clipsvideos.png

Creator: The Pilgrimz Project

The Pilgrimz Project is back with another epic build!  This time, it's a gothic-styled castle built on Lost Island!

Creator: Clamen

Follow Clamen as he strives to become the biggest tribe their cluster has ever seen!

fanart_2.png

My derpy rex <3 by Hotaru♥ 

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Derpy_1920x108

ARK Megalania by 드찌/어찌

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Megalania_1920

My ARK Survivor by @SoupEvolved

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_SoupEvolved_19

My Fire Wyvern Alkhiara by Gerald.#4819

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_FireWyvern_192

You can always tell a former Aberration player by Tacimur

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Comic_1920x108

It's almost Easter by @FeelsR3KTman

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Eggcellent_192

screen.png

@ARKLove9

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Titan_1920x108

𝑻𝒉𝒚𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒆𝒐𝑴𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓#1650

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_ShadowManeScre

Have an eggcellent weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

The question is, how much of a pain will andrewsarchus be to tame.

Can you guys turn down the wolf spawns in the snow just a bit, please? I want to tame event chalicotherium but every time I start a tame a horde of flea-bitten mongrels come pouring out of the woodwork and tear it apart. Wild wolves need to be nerfed, there's no need for them to be so stupidly overpowered, especially when they spawn in such high numbers

23 minutes ago, Cyberra said:

Can you guys turn down the wolf spawns in the snow just a bit, please? I want to tame event chalicotherium but every time I start a tame a horde of flea-bitten mongrels come pouring out of the woodwork and tear it apart. Wild wolves need to be nerfed, there's no need for them to be so stupidly overpowered, especially when they spawn in such high numbers

May the wolves feast on you and your tames

Edited by Zer0Du5k
  • Like 2

EASTER EASTER EASTER ! My favorite event of the year. Hope to see you in ARK2, old friend.

42 minutes ago, Cyberra said:

Grab your Chalico with a Wvvern and bring it somewhere safe, deaggro it and come back to get it drunk. I'm a serial tamer of Chalicos, I bring them to herbivore islands and such (depending on the map), saves me the headache of dealing with wolves and pigs.

And yes, I very much worry about the Andrew being a pain to tame. Some creatures since Gen2 are so annoying I tend to give up on them. It's not the cost of the food or the time it takes, it's how finicky some 12-step methods are, and can be even more if you don't do it the exact same way the devs intended.

Edited by ladyteruki

1 minute ago, ladyteruki said:

EASTER EASTER EASTER ! My favorite event of the year. Hope to see you in ARK2, old friend.

Grab your Chalico with a Wvvern and bring it somewhere safe, deaggro it and come back to get it drunk. I'm a serial tamer of Chalicos, I bring them to herbivore islands and such (depending on the map), saves me the headache of dealing with wolves and pigs.

And yes, I very much worry about the Andrew being a pain to tame. Some creatures since Gen2 are so annoying I tend to give up on them. It's not the cost of the food or the time it takes, it's how finicky some 12-step methods are, and can be even more if you don't do it the exact same way the devs intended.

You can't pick up wild dinos in pve. Which imo is utterly stupid... I get that WC doesn't want us griefing each other in pve, but it makes taming harder because we can't just pick up the creature and take it somewhere safer. Can't even just aggro it and lead it away, because the hostile stuff spawns in droves. There's no escaping it

Just now, Cyberra said:

You can't pick up wild dinos in pve. Which imo is utterly stupid... I get that WC doesn't want us griefing each other in pve, but it makes taming harder because we can't just pick up the creature and take it somewhere safer. Can't even just aggro it and lead it away, because the hostile stuff spawns in droves. There's no escaping it

Ah, you're on official. Sorry, entirely my bad, I keep forgetting that's not an option. I guess clearing the area beforehand is your only option. Good luck to you my friend. 

4 minutes ago, ladyteruki said:

Ah, you're on official. Sorry, entirely my bad, I keep forgetting that's not an option. I guess clearing the area beforehand is your only option. Good luck to you my friend. 

I try. Every wolf and yuty in the area gets torched. But they respawn so fast, and with the pack buff wolves do entirely too much damage, especially when they spawn in packs of six/seven/eight or more. Plus the yuty fear roar has been affecting fire/ice/lightning/poison wyverns when it's not supposed to, so if there's more than one around it does not end well. For every one chalico I successfully tame at least six or seven get killed, and the ones that I lose are usually the ones with colors in regions I need for breeding projects

1 minute ago, Cyberra said:

I try. Every wolf and yuty in the area gets torched. But they respawn so fast, and with the pack buff wolves do entirely too much damage, especially when they spawn in packs of six/seven/eight or more. Plus the yuty fear roar has been affecting fire/ice/lightning/poison wyverns when it's not supposed to, so if there's more than one around it does not end well. For every one chalico I successfully tame at least six or seven get killed, and the ones that I lose are usually the ones with colors in regions I need for breeding projects

I haven't played official in years, can you scoop up a Chalico on a Quetz platform even if you can't grab it ? Or does it somehow go through the foundation/platform ? You could create a Chalico trap up there to bring it to a safer area and then tame it peacefully once deaggrod. With the Chalico aggro mechanics it shouldn't be hard to get it to follow you in there.

1 minute ago, ladyteruki said:

I haven't played official in years, can you scoop up a Chalico on a Quetz platform even if you can't grab it ? Or does it somehow go through the foundation/platform ? You could create a Chalico trap up there to bring it to a safer area and then tame it peacefully once deaggrod. With the Chalico aggro mechanics it shouldn't be hard to get it to follow you in there.

Unfortunately trying that isn't an option for me. And the last time I tried to trap anything on a quetz platform it went through and fell off XP

3 minutes ago, ladyteruki said:

Ah that's what I was afraid of. And I suppose you're solo, you don't have a tribemate who could kill the meanies while you pour a cold one to the Chalico ?

I do have a tribemate, and we team tame whenever we can. But if the wolves get past our wyverns, it's hard to clear them without killing the chalico by accident. Can't use a giga because of the massive bite radius. Aggroing the chalico I can deal with, just got to fly out of render and they lose aggro, but while fighting the wolves they run right into our wyverns' bite radius when we try to help. More often than not we fail because there are so many wolves, the freaking pack buff, and a chalico that isn't a very high level

51 minutes ago, ladyteruki said:

That is exactly why I havent even tried to tame an amarga, well besides the fact that theyre almost useless on PvE. I dont have the time to waste trying to tame one on official rates with as annoying as they are to tame. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Cyberra said:

If you were around when you could pick them up on PvE before they changed it, you would know why. 

People would spend all day picking up high level dinos and dropping them in bases, taming pens, you name it. Good times. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cyberra said:

Chalis spawn on beaches dude…

On 4/9/2022 at 1:37 PM, Highmobility said:

Chalis spawn on beaches dude…

Not always, depends on the map.  The island they spawn in the snow which how this game is, high levels usually spawn in dangerous places.  I think on maps like center, Val and rag they spawn on beaches but I haven’t played those maps in so long I don’t remember.  One would have to utilize the spawn maps.  Cyberra, there are many ways around this.  One, you can build a decent area trap using dino gates with one section left for a ramp to bring the chali into the trap.  Or you can also utilize the spawn maps and find out which map would be the easier to tame one on, those are only two suggestions out of countless ways to make it work, ya just gotta think outta the box.  Utilize the tools available for your disposal, youtube, Dododex you name it.  Depending on the map, spawns are more dense than others.  I’ve been a PvE console player from just about day 1 on console and I never remember being able to pick up wild dinos, so that had to have been something that they changed relatively early within the game’s entrance onto the console or pc stage.

On 4/8/2022 at 9:39 PM, mmintz90 said:

That is exactly why I havent even tried to tame an amarga, well besides the fact that theyre almost useless on PvE. I dont have the time to waste trying to tame one on official rates with as annoying as they are to tame. 

I can’t agree more, I mean the different taming methods are kinda nice and that’s one of my most favorite things about gen 2 (when servers were stable), but too much of a pain to tame and players aren’t going to waste their time and find an alternative to taming that creature that is more time/cost effective.  This also brings up the fact that since the gen 2 mic drop, a vast majority of creatures have been rendered quite literally useless and pointless to tame.  On the flip side of that coin, with transfers, discord, Facebook and whatever other means players don’t have to tame ANYTHING unless they want to, they can just buy it.  My hat is off to anyone who tames their own stuff.  I personally enjoying taming my own creatures, but will resort to buying a creature I want if I don’t have an efficient way of taming it.

As far as the andrewsarchus goes, I’m gonna wait to see what Captain Fatdog comes up with for a trap before I attempt that rodeo lol.  It does seem like another yard ornament for PvE, just like the armargasaurus and countless other creatures that have been added to the game.  PvP, I can see the appeal but it seems that the devs have lost touch with how the game is played, and has been played for the last 5+ years.  It’s not played like age of empires with an army of variety (like many of their trailers portrayed), things are handled with gigas.  I can’t count how many PvP videos I’ve seen where at some point a giga (or gigas) is introduced to lay down the law.  Whether be in the beginning or end the giga is 100% sure to make an appearance.  My point being, it doesn’t matter how many creatures are added to add variety of game play to the game, the giga was, is and always will be the go to for any sort of “lay down the law” situation.  Sorry WC, that’s just how the game is played on official, and has been.  If the giga is added into Ark 2 it WILL be THE SAME WAY MAKING IT THE SAME GAME!  So here’s my thought, fix Ark 1, push back Ark 2 and actually truly make it separate from Ark 1, then ya might have something for people to get hyped about.  Right now most of us are quite positive that Ark 2 is just gonna be pretty a much a do over of Ark 1, so ya wanna make a statement with Ark 2?  Prove us wrong, we double dog dare you!

• Like 1

I like to take my unwanted creatures and turn them on "aggressive" and "wandering" and see how they do. Many survive, not all do. I got confused for a while (even file a bug report), because I kept finding mammoths that gave me an option to claim them. I thought I some how lost claim to them until I finally realized that they were breeding. I do this in single player mode.