ark2 Ark II Tribe Roles

Dodge2134

I had this thought the other day, what if you could pick a role in the tribe (builder, farmer, hunter-gatherer, etc.) and it would slightly affect your stats. As in, farmers would have slightly more stamina, weight, and water than say, a builder. The stats would be bumped up by 60 points, upon reaching Lvl. 25 and then by 3 per level, no matter what stat is increased. And, if I say, leveled health, that stat would go up by whatever value the server has it set to, but so would the "faction/job/class" stat. I think it would give players that extra bit of immersion, by giving them an actual role in the tribe, and by making each player more valuable to both allies and enemies alike. Now, keep in mind that not everyone plays with a tribe, I was a solo player for years, so this would only be for servers, official and unofficial. This would only be a minor upgrade to the player, just to make them a bit better at a certain job, while still allowing them to fill other roles as needed. It also wouldn't be to the point where the tribe would be nonfunctional if a player isn't online. Feel free to ask any questions about this or make your own contributions.

Stay safe Survivors ;D

If its implemented like you described it can be a very welcome edition to make everyone feel that little more unique and create an interesting dynamic. I think its important that you pointed out that It wouldn't be to the point where the tribe would be nonfunctional if a player isn't online. If he is online than he will give that extra boost. In a Tribe It could be done in a way were you have a certain amount of experience points allocated towards the special trade you have chosen. For those who play solo and have no Tribe there can be a special option that divides these special trade points to more than one attribute maybe or some other mechanic that compensates the lack of other tribe members and balances it out. Good suggestion in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 4:24 PM, Tschon said:

I like this but don't like it at the same time. I feel it's limiting players. But classes would be dope like samurai, viking, Mongolian warlord, and etc.

I like this idea, but it could be implemented better. It could allow players to have a "Background/Era" to their characters. It could give you certain weapon and armour skins. I just wouldn't want it to affect gameplay.

The game needs to allow for more character customization of stats but also in a balanced way so that each stat is viable. Currently in PVP every man and their dog does high movement speed because its super strong with no viable competition. Only noobs pick stats like food, water and oxygen. There needs to be more balance in the stats to encourage diversification.

54 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The game needs to allow for more character customization of stats but also in a balanced way so that each stat is viable. Currently in PVP every man and their dog does high movement speed because its super strong with no viable competition. Only noobs pick stats like food, water and oxygen. There needs to be more balance in the stats to encourage diversification.

I wholeheartedly agree. The stat boost I had in mind would increase a certain set of stat by roughly two or three level points, so you could focus the next few levels into bumping food, water, and oxy. It could also be used in the same way as Mindwipe Tonic. As in, it would require consuming or wearing a certain object to temporarily change stats. Maybe by having more melee, you'd lose a bit of health, or by upping movement speed, your weight would drop.

Archived