Your experience with Terrible Official PvE Servers?

LilNastyGurl

I don't know if they should combat it to be honest. Having one of these 'griefers' in a server's history seems to create good community as everyone had to come together to deal with it. A good troll goes a long way to creating bonds. They usually get bored quickly once they can't expand and no one pays attention to them anymore.

(As for foundation spam, sometimes that is the best way to survey an area for level ground and to see what spawn points remain... the only way to tell if this is what someone is doing is to ask or watch the site over a week or two.)

Now that we have no build areas around the mountains and a few other locations, maybe people can start relaxing on all the pillars. Though I do wish the volcano's zone was a little smaller, people often built community forges and other things up there.

On June 3, 2016 at 0:57 PM, LilNastyGurl said:

I see complaints about PlayersvsPillars (and sometimes environment) a lot on this forum, which makes me really wonder, what the hell kind of servers are you guys playing on?

I see players tell horror stories about starving to death because every inch of the island is pillared by alphas that want the place to themselves, and how even certain spawns are completely foundationed away so you need permission to hunt the dinos there, but when I ask "what server is that? Can I have a link?" they cease to exist.

The one PvE server I joined, 354 had none of these problems. The moment I spawned in South 2, there was a wood hotel for me equipped with generators, fridges, a box of items and a fabricator/smithy room. There were pillars but nothing that outlandish that gave the illusion that I was unwelcome. I couldn't set up shop on the beaches but I never needed to because there were so many "new spawn hotels" everywhere at spawns. Eventually I socialized with the pre-existing tribes and they enrolled me in their tribe, where I had an official place to build and put my dinos.

I have not seen butthurt nerds who were wiped from PvP and decided to play God on PvE servers ruling an entire server, I did not see "newbie corrals" where you needed permission to enter the rest of the server, or foundation barons who prevent dinos from spawning so they can "Sell" them to new players.

Can anyone point me in the direction of said horrible server so I can actually experience them myself (and warn other players to steer clear?)

I can't speak for others, but generally the reason why I don't post specific server info is because posting that online opens it up to trolls.  Maybe someone doesn't like one of your posts, sees you're on server xxxx, and gathers a few friends to come give you problems.  Sounds ridiculous, but happens.

There was a tribe on our second server that played non stop.  They had gigas and quetzals before we had even seen them.  Gigantic metal base while we were still working on stone.  From there, they just started trolling people.  They had too much time on their hands.  They would do things like pillar the entire volcano, on the nodes, and the surrounding mountains.  At one point, I literally don't think there were any metal spawns outside of what we had protected just outside of our base along the stream on the west side of the volcano near the upper waterfall.  

They would constantly pillar the areas around any new structure, which made it impossible to keep building your base.  They would kite wild dinos to your pen, and eventually they started kiting brood mother.  There was a huge tribe on our server, they had well over 100 dinos (this was early on, when 100 dinos was damn impressive) and about 30 regular members that played.  When they built in a place that was deemed a "no build zone" or something silly, they had a brood mother in their pen.  Everything was wiped out.  Dinos, base, etc.  For the next week, all you saw in the chat was "Why can't I see my beds on the map, I'm naked on the beach.  Where's all my dinos".

We eventually started our own dedicated server, because our 2 man tribe had a hard time keeping ahead of the griefers.  We WERE able to keep ahead, but it was literally all we did, all the time.  We stayed 1 step ahead at all times, but it became more like doing homework, or chores than playing a game we enjoyed.  After starting our other server, I kept tabs on what happened.

Within a few days of us not being there, all of our generators had the gas wasted somehow.  Still not sure how they did it.  Our key crafting components, things like smithy, forges, fabricator, chests, lighting, were all wiped.  None of the rest of the structures were damaged.  Not sure how they did this so cleanly on a pvp server.

Majority of our dinos were killed after a 120 rex was kited to our base, and it broken down our 5 story walls and spikes.  We had multiple kite attempts prior to this, while we were still playing, we successfully defended against all of them.  Caught a guy bringing 2 high level brontos to our fence, he was on an argy that landed in our base, and the brontos were swinging away.  I would often see these guys hovering in their quetzals over other peoples bases for extended periods while they were offline, I could only assume looking for weaknesses.

So, the lesson here is just because you happen to be on servers where this doesn't happen, it doesn't mean it doesn't happen on other servers.  PVE servers are much more troll friendly than pvp because you can't do anything to the people or their dinos.  They can kite whatever they want to your base, and you basically have to watch unless you have heavy weapons to be able to defend yourself, if you're even given that option.  Sorry, but your rexes aren't going to help much against a high level Giga.

One of the other issues with PVE is that since allegedly other players can't damage your dinos or bases, the defenses tend to be much lighter than on PVP servers.  In other words, on a PVE server, if you have a metal fence, you should theoretically not need a full metal base since nothing can get through.  So, a lot of people end up getting caught off guard.

I think it took about 5 or 6 days for all of our dinos to get killed from the time we stopped playing, and not much after that all of our beds and everything else was wiped as well.  

• 1 year later...

Ya. I have seen some BS on pve servers. 

I just recently lost my whole tribe to a glitch I had a new guy come to my door asking me to join his tribe I sent him a tribe request at the same time. Some how he excepted the invite and was bad tribe leader. Then he kicked us from the clan and locked us in the dino pen where he waited till we logged off so he could though us over the cliff. 

I tried to get the other tribe to help me get my stuff back but they all chanted the guy that took our stuff as a hero. 

I put a ticket in to ARK and I still waiting for a response.

It is almost like they do not care what goes on even though in the rules they call out what you all are talking about but  it happen. That same server most of the good stuff what walled up or spiked so you could not pass. 

That server is pve 490

I am still wondering if I want to buy the new release I was planning on buying 4 sets but if they will not even help with my little concern why would I buy there stuff so they can sit back in a nice leather chair and still do nothing..

No customer service. More people would play if they where not getting played....

I play on an official Xbox PVE server. Had a few run ins with some of the locals when I first got started, but we handled it civilly. 

The alpha pretty much leaves everyone alone, but there's always A-hole tribe's that harass new players because "We don't need any noobs blocking spawns!" Or some other dumb reason.

The majority of my server is pretty friendly if you actually try to play the game and don't demand free stuff or cause trouble. 

Lot's of pillars but it's mostly to protect resources and borders of people's bases.

I've been interested in trying Prim+ official pve for a while. Nope, not going to happen. I was beyond floored when I logged into NAOfficial Server 7. That server is impossible to build on. Herbivore Island is completely cut off, walled all the way around by 1 tribe about 8 walls high. Inland is nothing but pillars stacked with foundations everywhere. Behemoth gates as far as the eye can see. It wouldn't be so bad if there were multiple servers to choose from. There's only 1 island/1 center option for Ps4 pve.

EU XBX PVE

our first base was unfortunately designed as per our old PVP standards with behemoths and spikes, we realised we had done something wrong when I pulled 20 lvl1 bobs and janes from our walls, I'm in the process of giving them the burials they deserve, a nice spot on our south base beach overlooking the water.

we've now moved to a more central location and left the base open for people to use if needs be with a few angry tames to help if they get stuck

for those intrepid explorers or those with balls of steel I've left Coords to our new location and if successful we'll donate an argy, obviously only to players lower than lvl 10

I don't accept new people into my tribe as the really real fear of losing dino's exists (they may not be able to unclaim them or ride them with certain settings but they can pike them) but I mostly welcome new people into our server. I do warn them that our server gets real bad at times, dupers love to visit during special events, and I often recommend a different server for a better initial play experience.

If they decide to stay, I give them kind of a starter kit. Usually a bed for a permanent spawn point and maybe some items from a drop I have acquired (thatch, maybe wood) so they at least have a starting chance and can still acquire more to increase their xp. I rarely give dino's (unless I need to clear my tame limit) but usually give a metal pick or axe or a crossbow with a few arrows to give them a better chance. If multiple noobs join within a bit of each other looking to join tribes, I usually introduce them through global chat so they can work together. 

I was lucky, I had two friends I started with in this game and while neither play anymore, we had established ourselves amongst our server as good traders and a helpful tribe allowing me to prove my worth when they left and merge with several different tribes. 

It's PVE (in my case) so help the players verse the environment if they prove themselves dedicated to the game and being a positive contributor to the server. 

A new thing I started is placing starter kits at spawn points and soon I will be creating treasure hunts for noobs (or even established players) with richer rewards. Though the rewards won't be so rich that most established will bypass but the adventure seeking noob will enjoy I think.

Have to keep it fun. I love taming but outside of a Giga and Squid (coming soon once I find a 100 or above) and Titan, I've tamed everything on the server (Come on Griffin and PS4 update/Ragnarok map) and I've bred and hatched just about as much and yet I always find something new to do. I want noobs and even established players who jump to be able to experience that too. 

Archived