Your experience with Terrible Official PvE Servers?

LilNastyGurl

I see complaints about PlayersvsPillars (and sometimes environment) a lot on this forum, which makes me really wonder, what the hell kind of servers are you guys playing on?

I see players tell horror stories about starving to death because every inch of the island is pillared by alphas that want the place to themselves, and how even certain spawns are completely foundationed away so you need permission to hunt the dinos there, but when I ask "what server is that? Can I have a link?" they cease to exist.

The one PvE server I joined, 354 had none of these problems. The moment I spawned in South 2, there was a wood hotel for me equipped with generators, fridges, a box of items and a fabricator/smithy room. There were pillars but nothing that outlandish that gave the illusion that I was unwelcome. I couldn't set up shop on the beaches but I never needed to because there were so many "new spawn hotels" everywhere at spawns. Eventually I socialized with the pre-existing tribes and they enrolled me in their tribe, where I had an official place to build and put my dinos.

I have not seen butthurt nerds who were wiped from PvP and decided to play God on PvE servers ruling an entire server, I did not see "newbie corrals" where you needed permission to enter the rest of the server, or foundation barons who prevent dinos from spawning so they can "Sell" them to new players.

Can anyone point me in the direction of said horrible server so I can actually experience them myself (and warn other players to steer clear?)

I think a lot of it is exageration. On the official pve im on few of the beaches are built up on pretty heavily, but nothing so much as you cant walk a few minutes and find a place to at least set up a temp base. Although i will admit i am guilty of the pillar spam, myself and a few other tribes had to coral a thatch spamming tribe who had thrown them down as close to some of our bases as they could, in a vain attempt to drive us out.

5 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

I see complaints about PlayersvsPillars (and sometimes environment) a lot on this forum, which makes me really wonder, what the hell kind of servers are you guys playing on?

I see players tell horror stories about starving to death because every inch of the island is pillared by alphas that want the place to themselves, and how even certain spawns are completely foundationed away so you need permission to hunt the dinos there, but when I ask "what server is that? Can I have a link?" they cease to exist.

The one PvE server I joined, 354 had none of these problems. The moment I spawned in South 2, there was a wood hotel for me equipped with generators, fridges, a box of items and a fabricator/smithy room. There were pillars but nothing that outlandish that gave the illusion that I was unwelcome. I couldn't set up shop on the beaches but I never needed to because there were so many "new spawn hotels" everywhere at spawns. Eventually I socialized with the pre-existing tribes and they enrolled me in their tribe, where I had an official place to build and put my dinos.

I have not seen butthurt nerds who were wiped from PvP and decided to play God on PvE servers ruling an entire server, I did not see "newbie corrals" where you needed permission to enter the rest of the server, or foundation barons who prevent dinos from spawning so they can "Sell" them to new players.

Can anyone point me in the direction of said horrible server so I can actually experience them myself (and warn other players to steer clear?)

I play on official server pve and that hotel is a great idea, our tribes give away starter kits and dinosaur, but didn't think of a small safe haven. I shall get building one tonight, cheers for the ide

4 hours ago, Cobretti said:

I'm sure the only people that think its a good idea are the people that put that rubbish there. I am playing a survival game, why would I want to spawn in and be given all my items for free? Silly idea.

Wrong,  people come in see pillars get killed by dilos/other dinos over and over trying to find land leave servers. Not all PvE servers are bad, mine has pillars but also a lot of free land and helpful tribes but people never find that out as they come in die and leave without a word in chat. This way they have a safe area, little help and a welcome sign which only encourages them into the server, maybe even start them in chat even if its a thanks. Now that can't be a bad thing.

Hehe, I remember playing on an Official server. My tribe got pretty far into the game, we had about 1000 hours into the server, and we pillared near our base to avoid neighbors and some critical resource locations. There was a LOT of drama on that server, and if you didn't pillar, you'd be pillared, and the "Alpha" tribe of the server liked to instigate other people by arguing with them so he could start wars, and if you didn't go to war with him, he'd find a way to mess with you, whether it be by pillaring you, or by simply bringing a Broodmother to your base. Eventually someone got mad that we pillared a certain spot they wanted to build, and rather than asking us to remove the pillar (We would have), they spammed our entire base with pipes and rafts. It lagged too bad, we couldn't log in, WC didn't do anything. I haven't been on that server since, don't plan on it either. I imagine the entire server is riddled with pillars, as it was before. 

99% of it is exaggeration and more or less people land warring with their neighbors or wanting to covet good resourse spawn spots etc.  New folks complaining of not being able to place a campfire are usually spawning and wanting to immediately in that vicinity place something without making any effort to walk a bit etc. 

9 hours ago, TylerTheDoctor said:

Hehe, I remember playing on an Official server. My tribe got pretty far into the game, we had about 1000 hours into the server, and we pillared near our base to avoid neighbors and some critical resource locations. There was a LOT of drama on that server, and if you didn't pillar, you'd be pillared, and the "Alpha" tribe of the server liked to instigate other people by arguing with them so he could start wars, and if you didn't go to war with him, he'd find a way to mess with you, whether it be by pillaring you, or by simply bringing a Broodmother to your base. Eventually someone got mad that we pillared a certain spot they wanted to build, and rather than asking us to remove the pillar (We would have), they spammed our entire base with pipes and rafts. It lagged too bad, we couldn't log in, WC didn't do anything. I haven't been on that server since, don't plan on it either. I imagine the entire server is riddled with pillars, as it was before. 

What server was it?

When I spawned for the first time in PVE 336, I spawned in someone's base and had to ask to find a way out. They had built their base and left one small way to exit but you had to look for it. Later on, that same tribe created a real noob corral with no exits and there were about 20 unconscious level 1 bodies in there when I knocked the building down. Of course, it's not there anymore and there weren't pillars all over the server. 

i have more than 2k hours in official pve 423. i have seen a lot of things, many of which have been mentioned here  (foundations, wall, drama, bulling, kidnaping, walling of dinosaurs, griefing, blocking, etc) i can confidently say that the game  has become much better when the devs started the tiket system and with the locks added and pillars not blocking resources.

at the same time i can attest that you only require a black sheep. one guy who thinks he deserves more than the others, one person that wants a whole section of the map only for themselves or who toxics the chat.

Point being pve is probably better in private servers becouse you have more close administration and someone that apears there to explain when "building what you like" becomes "building too much" yet i have spend too much in official to change at this point.

look for a good server (made by the people that play there. not by the space) a good comunity sticks together and closes lines whenever someone comes trying to look for trouble. but do know there will be those who like trouble. becouse there is always the baby who couldnt make it in pvp and comes to bully their frustrations out in a pve server

When I first started on eu 195 server we had a bit of trouble. We built a base then our leader had an altercation with the leader from another local tribe. After a fair amount of arguing both players thatch foundationed half of the map to spite the other. Then the other tribe started kiting rexes and carnos into our base. 

It was a shock to say the least just spawnI got in getting ready to explore and come face to face with 2 carnos haha. 

Still to have an unpleasant experience in Official EU PVE 261 (PC).

We are a two man tribe (me and one guy from work, that I converted to ARK). A few pillars in some nice spots for bases, but for the most part there a lot of real estate free still.

All tribes get along nicely and help each other should anyone need help. One of them took the time to warn us that our base would be destroyed by redwood, as our base - as well as theirs - were smack in the middle of the new biome. Both tribes have since then kept tabs on the relocation procedures of the other, ready to assist in any manner possible.

I too turned to PvE after being used as being squished and raided and otherwise used as a mop to clean the PvP floors, when offline (one has to work after all).

Like stated above, it only takes a bully to make the experience unpleasant for all.

On ‎3‎-‎6‎-‎2016 at 7:57 PM, VicRattlehed said:

I think a lot of it is exageration.

This.

There are some cases of certain tribes placing hundreds all over the Island, but most complaints (on the servers I played on) were because:

-self entitled players that could not cope with the fact that their pre-chosen spot was already occupied.

-players that walk for 15mins on the beach, see bases along the coast, make the ocnclusion "the whole island must be like this", start ranting on the chat about how bad this game is and rage log off without destroying any abandoned base or looking for a decent spot to claim.

-players that get irate because of certain players creating a buffer zone around their own base and nearby spawns to secure a nice playstyle for them and their neighbours. Same again: rant and rage log off and on to th enext server to repeat the same process and end it all by posting on the forums how bad pillar spam is.

** adding to that: when WC decided to divide the structure/claiming timers by 4 the vast majority of the "pillar complainers" did not destroy a single pillar but went straight for the loot in the bases and their dinos. No pillar was harmed in the process, when this was their moment to claim any very good spot.

So the pillar spam was suddenly not a issue anymore and not that bad as they claim, apparently.

I do not remember the server number, but when I first started playing Ark(xbox) My friend was already established on the server. I wanted to start my own little shack so I could learn the building and get some experience for myself. I wandered from the south shore east of stone henge all the way around the coast to the waterfalls just south of the snow biome on the west side of the island, then in towards the center of the map along the river. I was looking for a place to start a building that was a decent distance from anyone else's base. I did not find any place, but only in the south west corner was it because of thatch foundation spam. That entire peninsula was wiped clean of trees and covered with thatch foundations. The rest of the places on my exploration route had legitimate bases set up. It was just a very crowded section of the map, and one jerk.

On 6/3/2016 at 9:22 PM, Deathbykarma said:

Go to server the center 772 and you will see pillar and thatch foundation hell. And you give the people with the foundation spam pillars,and they refuse, you ask why and they usually say because I can, one tribe even completely owns the underworld, 1 single tribe lmao, it's pathetic

i can verify this, i am on 772 and it is a nightmare.  i ended up begging someone to make me a boat so i could cook food.  people are starting to cry about taking open space near their pillars.  its brutal

Yeah, I've heard of that 'HOA' server as well. Everything pillared up into 'plots' and they hand them out once you get to a certain point solo. (Which was either building your own raft or taming a parasaur or something)  They supposedly had billboards at every spawn point explaining things and kept those areas well stocked with unlocked campfires and free cabinets and such....  Sounded like a nice community honestly, though it does seem a bit heavy handed...

Then again, just had another 'Bob' log in and do the usual 'Pillars everywhere!' routine with lots of profanity directed at everyone... These are the people I'm happy don't find a spot to build... They aren't here for community...

19 hours ago, DaRyuujin said:

For those saying exaggeration.

This was from just one player, and is only a portion of what he did.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5046DF341C57FF27!160&authkey=!AMGcwYUsLuvPRWM&ithint=video%2cmp4

There are always griefers.

But I still have the opinion that most players do not even try to find a piece of land or are just irate because the spots that seem ok to them are already taken.

On my server the coastline used to be polluted with bases at minimum distance from each other, lately there are like 10-15 ppl on at most in prime Time (PVE official), and there are enough spots free or spots with ruins of abandoned bases. I am not taking down 1000 structures for someone else, if they want the spot, they got some work to do, I might help with some floating structures while on a quetz. But I expect players who log in on the Ark to put some effort in themselves. Look for a spot and if they don't find the perfect spot (like I couldn't back when I started), find a different spot to settle. (for the time being or permanently)

When I started for the first time I logged on in the SW, I literally walked counter clockwise to the north coastline in the middle to find a decent spot on a beach with stone/wood/berries spawns present. Died a few times too. Perfect? No. But it was what I accepted at the time and from there on I started playing.

But most want it all handed to them within 5 mins.

Player logs in, asks to join biggest tribe, asks for free dinos, no answer, looks for a spot to build for 5-10 mins, sees taken spots, starts ranting about pillar spams, logs out.

But ofc, as I stated in my 1st line, there are cases of pp overdoing it or ppl who are just griefing.

9 hours ago, LittleRedReaper said:

Holy foundations! That is absolutely insane.

Yea, I actually made a topic about it asking WC at what point is what players do "griefing". The player who did this did it purely to ruin other peoples play experience. To me that's the type of thing that if left unchecked ruins PVE servers. My old Island server had one tribe damn near completely ruin the entire middle river spawns, 2-3 tribes ruined the Volcano metal spawns and another tribe had the whole NW side of the Artic walled off. These were all tribes who did this just to cause problems for others in the server. It was only after the server population tanked and a month or two passed before these tribes left and eventually we were able to get rid of their stuff. Oddly enough server population started to rise after these guys were gone.

Archived