XBOX Series X/S: address not found issue: resolution 2022

PeachSalad

If you are having problems logging into the game and the machine says Cant find address among other things make sure that you have turned OFF "Quick resume" for the game.

SAVE AND EXIT GAME
1) Select the xbox big button, round one lights up
2) select "My Games and Apps"
on this screen you will see which games were auto added to "quick resume". For some reason this often blocks ark.
3) press Menu button over "survive the ark" and turn OFF quick resume.

• Volunteer Moderator
45 minutes ago, PeachSalad said:

If you are having problems logging into the game and the machine says Cant find address among other things make sure that you have turned OFF "Quick resume" for the game.

SAVE AND EXIT GAME
1) Select the xbox big button, round one lights up
2) select "My Games and Apps"
on this screen you will see which games were auto added to "quick resume". For some reason this often blocks ark.
3) press Menu button over "survive the ark" and turn OFF quick resume.

The address issue has been around long before the quick resume feature existed.

There's a bunch of things you can do like this. Some work a few times, none of them ever solve the problem.

I always quit the game entirely after playing. Ark has never been able to quick start/resume on the Xbox without crashing or other problems. The quick resume feature didn't change that. You just get a quicker crash or dump to the dashboard.

On 4/2/2022 at 7:08 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

The address issue has been around long before the quick resume feature existed.

There's a bunch of things you can do like this. Some work a few times, none of them ever solve the problem.

I always quit the game entirely after playing. Ark has never been able to quick start/resume on the Xbox without crashing or other problems. The quick resume feature didn't change that. You just get a quicker crash or dump to the dashboard.

I always quit the game before turning off my machine and the issue persists even after the machine has been shut down and/or restarted.

Part of the problem, INMHO,  is that xbox insists on auto adding games to its list of "quick resume". Leaving one to have to uncheck it again and again.

If there is a setting that can prevent the xbox series x/s from auto adding games to "quick resume" that would be a good solution until WC can figure out why "quick resume" causes the address error, among others.

mileage may vary depending on the type of xbox  one has.

On 4/2/2022 at 10:08 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

The address issue has been around long before the quick resume feature existed. There's a bunch of things you can do like this. Some work a few times, none of them ever solve the problem. I always quit the game entirely after playing. Ark has never been able to quick start/resume on the Xbox without crashing or other problems. The quick resume feature didn't change that. You just get a quicker crash or dump to the dashboard.

Joe's right, sadly I still suffer from this. Apparently, its cause Im on a mobile hotspot device for internet. Something about the IP doesn't have a DNS or something crazy as such.

Archived