Does crossplay with a Nitrado Xbox server have issues?

I have 2 Nitrado servers. One has crossplay enabled and one doesn’t. The one that doesn’t never has. Plus it’s been up and running for several years without issues. The one with crossplay was running several years also without issue but then I enabled crossplay and it started having crashing, booting me out and not letting me in issues. 

I eventually called Nitrado’s CS and he couldn’t find any problems other than the crossplay server had a huge backup file size. Example, non crossplay file size is between 5 and 6 MiB. It has tons of bases across multiple maps and to many dinos to count.

On the other hand was a freshly wiped and reinstalled server and the file size quickly, within 2 weeks became over 36 MiB. Tech support didn’t seem to know why or even if it was a problem, but within a day it completely died and they gave a brand new server.

So now on the new server within 5 or 6 days the backup file size is almost 20 MiB when it was around 15 I stopped playing, but left the server running. Over the next few days without anyone playing or even logging in it grew to the nearly 20 mentioned above.

So after all that my question is does this indicate an issue? The one and only difference between the 2 servers is the crossplay enabled and someone joining me with a windows 10 system. Oh, I forgot to mention, no one except my ex plays on the non enabled server and I played alone on the other one until I recently enabled the crossplay so a friend could join me. So it’s only 2 people.

any thoughts or help would be appreciated 

Archived