People walking around in your base

GAMBITSareWild

Whats the etiquette or experience you guys have had with people wandering in your base. I'm on lost island i have a roof that has a couple of cracks i haven't fixed because its pve. I was standing in corner watching gatchas drop crystals and all the sudden guy comes in on a sinomacrops...he didn't realize i was there...I said whatcha doing...he said nothing...started running around and left. Been playing for 3 years never really had to deal with that. Any thoughts if it happens again?

1 minute ago, Ferchi said:

Thats the hard part of PVE, people always checking timers, unclaimed babys and unlocked stuff.. and the worst... sleeping body's to drag to the water

you can close all the doors, vaults, dedis, etc, full walls and ceillings but that dont really matter, some time ago was a fking xploit to take stuff from the another tribe from the dedis, even the pin code still in only 4 numbers and the mesh exist even with the worst "antymesh system"

actually you can get out from enclosed bases with log out and with a chair and an quetzal

i place a parasaur in turret mode, obviously this sht is like the "fake cams" on the mail

WC shoul work more on how to protect the stuff... atleast on PVE

In pve the problem is, if someone is in your base, you cant do anything to get rid of them, you might be able to box them in if you are lucky but if they dont want to leave, you cant do much, a long time ago on a pve server i had a disagreement with someone, they just dropped a ton of dinos on my base and nothing much i could do about it.

I have logged in with strangers standing over my bed - they had been watching me sleep I guess.

I also had 3 griefers following me around in my base, so after asking them a few times to leave and them continuing to jump around me and getting in my way, I sprinted out of the base so they were locked in and logged out for the rest of the day.

The random beach bob will be happy to talk, hoping for gifts or advice.

In PvE people running away and not communicating are offten trolling or scouting. Griffins or shadowmanes seem the dino of choice for them. If they start dumping glowsticks everywhere better get into bed and log off, this is believed to cause bluescreen so they can drag and drown you. Tribeless higher levels named "Human" are a big red flag as well.
Another thing is stealing eggs. Now we have incubators it is less of a problem but before that trolls could realy mess up your hatchery by just taking all eggs and simply eat them if they were overweight.

I like the comment that said build a base so everything is locked up 😆 the issue with that is im not a master builder lol and I have a base that I added onto on some cliffs over a valley so its in the shape of a sideways U...I don't leave dinos out dropping eggs and all that lol I guess I was just curious if ppl had stuff escalate to the point to where its been reported..idk I thought it would be interesting to hear from other ppl. I know the obvious ways to fix it. Its intrusive it is what it is...thnx everyone for responding 

1 hour ago, MMaas said:

The random beach bob will be happy to talk, hoping for gifts or advice.

In PvE people running away and not communicating are offten trolling or scouting. Griffins or shadowmanes seem the dino of choice for them. If they start dumping glowsticks everywhere better get into bed and log off, this is believed to cause bluescreen so they can drag and drown you. Tribeless higher levels named "Human" are a big red flag as well.
Another thing is stealing eggs. Now we have incubators it is less of a problem but before that trolls could realy mess up your hatchery by just taking all eggs and simply eat them if they were overweight.

Whats funny is after he finally left i basically said just letting you know I would have gladly given u some freebies or tips in general ( because he asked if the gacha is useful...this dude was lvl 100) but since u just came in didn't leave when I asked u too I'm not gonna do that now. All u had to do was ask to come in , in the chat....no response lol...he/shes newer to server ive seen them trading with ppl..so..they know what they're doing lol 😆  

Id be nervous to be honest. Granted I know how nosey I am, but I don't think Id be as intrusive as to actually go INSIDE a base.....Maybe look from a distance, but the few times I did look at some decaying bases it was still a case of Id run up, see it was a day away from turning into dust, and then I would go back a ways and look at it through the spyglass to figure out if there was any bookshelves and such. And I acted this way with only the ones that was obviously abandoned. Ones that had fireplaces going, torches going, dino's standing out......Never got more than 6 foundations close to them. I don't wanna bother anyone if obviously someone's been online within the past month.

With my luck however, I missed out on free claimable dino's. XD

I think this will vary from person to person. Personally if I see someone is online I don't fly over or intrude on their base because I would want others to do the same for me, though unfortunately others don't follow that rule. Offline is kind of a gray area for me, I don't go out of my way to look for weaknesses (unless you've pissed me off) but if I stop on top of a base to stam up and see something I can exploit...well I am at least going to check it out and possibly act on that vulnerability. The way I see it is if you don't want your stuff messed with then its your job to make sure its secure. Its why my tribe always walls off our generator, only puts enough gas in cookers/grills/forges as needed and never keeps valuable blueprints in anything short of a vault or tek rep (because fat bronto tails can swing through your base and destroy smithys and fabs as we have found 🙄).

This is my take on this issue, but we do have a member of the tribe whos my buddy in real life and he is a freaking nightmare for other tribes. He's burnt out on the game at this point so the only thing he really gets on for anymore is to ride around the public teleporter locations and scout the bases out for loot. He is meticulous when scouting and often comes back with some crazy freaking stuff. I think his best haul to date was a single stacked dedicated storage with 350+ stacks of ele dust that he was able to demolish, said it took 3 argys and a quetz to loot it all. Do I personally agree with his actions? No. Do I enjoy it when he shows up like RaptorClaus with some juicy presents? Hell yeah I do, so I just leave it be. That being said, we have told him that he'll be disavowed like Mission Impossible if he gets caught but he is freaking good at it and that has yet to happen lol.

So its good that you haven't had to deal with something like this in 3 years, and here's hoping you won't have to for another 3 more, but its definitely a smart call for you to patch up the gaps and personally I agree with you that their behavior seemed a little rude and intrusive.

On 3/31/2022 at 10:41 AM, Yggdrassil said:

In pve the problem is, if someone is in your base, you cant do anything to get rid of them, you might be able to box them in if you are lucky but if they dont want to leave, you cant do much, a long time ago on a pve server i had a disagreement with someone, they just dropped a ton of dinos on my base and nothing much i could do about it.

not true, a simple report of them blocking the use of your base on the help side of this site would have gotten all those dinos removed.  It might have taken a week though....

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

not true, a simple report of them blocking the use of your base on the help side of this site would have gotten all those dinos removed.  It might have taken a week though....

Yup a guy parked a bronto in front of someone else base doors. I put in a ticket and a few hours later, poof. GM came and dusted the bronto.

On 4/1/2022 at 1:24 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Yup a guy parked a bronto in front of someone else base doors. I put in a ticket and a few hours later, poof. GM came and dusted the bronto.

yep i'll give the GM's props on this we've had plenty of these issues with the box tribe on our island server doing this when they dont like someone report goes in and within a day or two everything not associated with the tribe being griefed has been nuked.

Archived