Bee Hive Storage?

Penguin73

If I destroy a hive and recapture the queen, therefore changing it back into a hive... can I store the hive in something like a vault for awhile?  I want to keep the hives I have for a later date but don't need them right now... and I am getting tired of fetching flowers all the time to keep them fed.  Any suggestions?

I play on PVE official if that makes a difference.

1 hour ago, Penguin73 said:

If I destroy a hive and recapture the queen, therefore changing it back into a hive... can I store the hive in something like a vault for awhile?  I want to keep the hives I have for a later date but don't need them right now... and I am getting tired of fetching flowers all the time to keep them fed.  Any suggestions?

I play on PVE official if that makes a difference.

Yes, if you hold the action button on it on the wheel somewhere it will say something about turning it into a queen or something like that. It goes right into your inventory and you can store it like any other item.

1 hour ago, Penguin73 said:

@Cowgirl thanks.  That is what I thought, but I have never tried to store them before and didn't know if they game would block you from placing it in storage the way it does with other items... i.e. organic poly can't go in the fridge, and ingots can't go back into a forge for storage.

Ah I got ya, nope it just turns back into a hive :)

6 hours ago, Yggdrassil said:

Does that actually work for anyone, every time i've destroyed a hive it just disappears with no bee or hive, no matter the map.

Yep, worked for me last night.  Used radial dial to "destroy hive" and the queen appeared.  Tapped button to capture bee / hive.  Easy peasy.  Tossed hives in storage to be used again at a later date.  No decay timer, so they can stay there until I need them.  👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 12:51 PM, Penguin73 said:

Yep, worked for me last night.  Used radial dial to "destroy hive" and the queen appeared.  Tapped button to capture bee / hive.  Easy peasy.  Tossed hives in storage to be used again at a later date.  No decay timer, so they can stay there until I need them.  👍

THe one thing about turning them back into hives - you can't upload them to ark data for transfer to another server.  If you want to move hives across servers, you will need to pod the queen instead.

On 3/30/2022 at 6:38 AM, Yggdrassil said:

Does that actually work for anyone, every time i've destroyed a hive it just disappears with no bee or hive, no matter the map.

if you physically damage the hive to destroy it you wont get anything back, if you use the pinwheel to demolish the hive the queen should spawn in and you can pod/re-hive the queen only time i've personally ever seen the hive/queen poof is when stabbing it till if breaks.(I was young and dumb once now well i'm just not young :P )

Archived