Maewings!

Frael

Suggestion

Maewings have an option to enable/disable nursing. Is this really necessary? Why can't it at least be ON by default? I know so many people that have lost babies by forgetting to turn this on (myself included), made worse by having it reset to off when the maewing is cryo'd. It doesn't need to be this frustrating, please remove the option altogether or have it default to ON.

29 replies to this server topic

• Volunteer Moderator
18 minutes ago, Frael said:

Except it's not about me being lazy, is it? I forgot to do a thing once, then thought about a change that could make it better for a lot of people then you spend over an hour trying to insult me. Something not right with you, tbh.

10 minutes ago, SgtChop said:

If i wanted to insult you I would have...... 

"You forgot to do a thing once" and now you want WC to re write the game code because its a inconvenience to you..... not one person as agreed with you so who exactly are you "making it better for" I cant speak for the other players like you seem to think you can but me personal does not think it would "make it better" default Nursing  off is the logical setting

Im gonna ignore your weak attempt at a insult "Something not right with you, tbh." 

Alright everyone, let's let it go for the night. No more back and forth that's getting more and more personal. 

Mistakes were made, suggestions posted. 

2 hours ago, Frael said:

Yeah I get it, life was hard in the old days. That was then, this is now and I'm just bringing up a QoL issue.

it definitely isn't everyone's QoL issue.  In fact, the suggestion here would be detrimental to the QoL for people who raise baryonyx and otters at the same time as other animals.   Also , if the pods retained these settings - how are we supposed to remember what our 50 maewings are set at when pulling them out of storage.  If their settings are saved, we will have to make sure we know what each and every one of them is set to before using them or else we'll have to pay attention to each one as they come out.     If they all come out with a consistent set of data, I can predict and therefore plan accordingly.  Or is this one more thing the devs will have to flag on a pod...because adding the gender, stats, and colors wasn't enough....

One person could have 10 maewings out, turn on 1, then copy settings to the remaining 9.  That's 2 clicks for all 10.  As someone who has raised 40 rock drakes at a time on the regular, this is something players actually do.  Walking through 40 drake tails is a pain in the a....  2 clicks isn't that difficult to remember. Copy settings is your friend.

Having troughs auto enabled would effect players raising otters and baryonyx at the same time as any other meat eaters, they would have to spend just as much effort clicking to make sure their otters and barys don't starve from other animals eating the meat on the maewings holding them.   All meat eaters will default to eating fish first, automatically enabling feeding trough on them would render isolating the babies on specific maewings tedious.

Players can even bind a key with a external program to make the activation even easier.   Macros are allowed on official, they are not considered cheating.  Customize away.  No need to change the game when each player can adjust their own world to their liking.  Since we can already bind the tossing out a maewing from a pod and automatically turning on feeding into a 1 click action, forgetting can be mitigated already.

We've all lost dinos to forgetfullness.   

5 hours ago, Frael said:

Juveniles and Adolescents will eat from troughs, unless the troughs are empty then they will eat from the maewing. And no thanks, I don't want to hand feed babies for hours when other options are available. lol

I'm aware. I use maewings exclusive to feed all tiers of raising because of the nursing bonus. But they will also eat from the maewings inventory if they're close enough, starving out the babies who cannot eat from trough like them. I was only suggesting if you keep forgetting , use a trough with no toggle , I didn't say you should hand feed the babies at all. As long as they're picked up by the maewing they will eat from then anyway without needing to turn on nursing, which is not as easy to overlook tbh.

Archived