Maewings!

Frael

Suggestion

Maewings have an option to enable/disable nursing. Is this really necessary? Why can't it at least be ON by default? I know so many people that have lost babies by forgetting to turn this on (myself included), made worse by having it reset to off when the maewing is cryo'd. It doesn't need to be this frustrating, please remove the option altogether or have it default to ON.

29 replies to this server topic

2 hours ago, Frael said:

Maewings have an option to enable/disable nursing. Is this really necessary? Why can't it at least be ON by default? I know so many people that have lost babies by forgetting to turn this on (myself included), made worse by having it reset to off when the maewing is cryo'd. It doesn't need to be this frustrating, please remove the option altogether or have it default to ON.

Why dont you just turn it on and leave it on?

if youre using maewings to feed many babies, you might not want the juvi's stealing the baby creatures food from the maewing and starving them. therefore... put them in the baskets and leave nursing off. it will then only feed those it is carrying. just fill the troughs or use another maewing with nursing on. i think it is useful to have a toggle. again, just use troughs if you dont want to have to make sure you toggle nursing, you know, how babies were raised before gen 2 ? lol

4 hours ago, Frael said:

Its the same as having to toggle passive / neutral or Follow / dont follow...... its one toggle and takes 2 sec, if you cant remember to toggle on nursing thats on you bro and maybe breeding is too hard for you. 

22 minutes ago, Frael said:

Because any time you cryo them, nursing gets reset to off. And yeah maybe i'm forgetful sometimes but I know I'm not the only one who has done this.

if its cryoed then your not using it, if you are using it then stop putting it in and out of cryo and just leave it out..... it even gives you a animation to show if nursing is on or not.... this sounds more like a you problem then a game issue

13 minutes ago, SgtChop said:

if its cryoed then your not using it, if you are using it then stop putting it in and out of cryo and just leave it out..... it even gives you a animation to show if nursing is on or not.... this sounds more like a you problem then a game issue

Firstly, how is this a 'me' problem? Just because it isn't a 'you' problem it doesn't mean this hasn't happened to other people. I've already said, twice, that it has, to people I know personally and to random people in global chat.

Secondly, this isn't something that happens often just very annoying when it does. I have several maewing out to feed different dino's and I don't keep 'putting them in and out'. I made this post because today I accidently cryoed a maewing when a baby was trapped underneath and forgot to turn it back on when I uncryoed it. I'm a solo player, it, was early morning and I had a lot of plates spinning. No big deal but it seems that having nursing on by default would be more helpful than not and there's no real argument for it not to be. Tell me how it would impact you if it was on by default.

Thirdly, at this point I kinda think you're just being a troll.

3 minutes ago, Frael said:

Firstly, how is this a 'me' problem? Just because it isn't a 'you' problem it doesn't mean this hasn't happened to other people. I've already said, twice, that it has, to people I know personally and to random people in global chat.

Secondly, this isn't something that happens often just very annoying when it does. I have several maewing out to feed different dino's and I don't keep 'putting them in and out'. I made this post because today I accidently cryoed a maewing when a baby was trapped underneath and forgot to turn it back on when I uncryoed it. I'm a solo player, it, was early morning and I had a lot of plates spinning. No big deal but it seems that having nursing on by default would be more helpful than not and there's no real argument for it not to be. Tell me how it would impact you if it was on by default.

A person above already answered it pretty well (and it is a YOU problem because YOU forgot, why should WC pander to YOUR forgetfulness and change a mechanic that works perfectly fine to suit YOU)

if youre using maewings to feed many babies, you might not want the juvi's stealing the baby creatures food from the maewing and starving them. therefore... put them in the baskets and leave nursing off. it will then only feed those it is carrying. just fill the troughs or use another maewing with nursing on. i think it is useful to have a toggle. again, just use troughs if you dont want to have to make sure you toggle nursing, you know, how babies were raised before gen 2 ? lol

5 minutes ago, Frael said:

If its anything like real life they will eat a lot more while nursing, have you ever been around a nursing mother? They eat a LOT to make that milk, also, the animation probably slows some peoples computers down cause of the movement of the milk. The plant species X used to move but they decided to take it out cause it causes lag.

2 hours ago, Addock said:

Juveniles and Adolescents will eat from troughs, unless the troughs are empty then they will eat from the maewing. And no thanks, I don't want to hand feed babies for hours when other options are available. lol

5 minutes ago, SgtChop said:

A person above already answered it pretty well (and it is a YOU problem because YOU forgot, why should WC pander to YOUR forgetfulness and change a mechanic that works perfectly fine to suit YOU)

Ok definitely trolling me. You're being wilfully ignorant and deliberately omitting points I make.

Just now, Frael said:

Ok definitely trolling me. You're being wilfully ignorant and deliberately omitting points I make.

No, Im pointing out the fact you felt the need to come to the forums to complain about a working feature of a game because of something you forgot to do.... its not WC fault your forgot nor should they change it

19 minutes ago, Frael said:

I refuse to care.  If you have spent 24hrs online , raising a giga before maewings, when stacks only held 20 raw meat, before pods - then you can complain about what is annoying. 

If you had, you wouldn't be complaining.

4 minutes ago, SgtChop said:

No, Im pointing out the fact you felt the need to come to the forums to complain about a working feature of a game because of something you forgot to do.... its not WC fault your forgot nor should they change it

While ignoring the fact this is not a complaint, more of an idea or suggestion to make things easier for everyone (NOT just me, I lost 2 tek stegos, big deal, i'll survive) I'll say again, THIS HAS HAPPENED TO OTHER PEOPLE

4 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

I refuse to care.  If you have spent 24hrs online , raising a giga before maewings, when stacks only held 20 raw meat, before pods - then you can complain about what is annoying. 

If you had, you wouldn't be complaining.

Yeah I get it, life was hard in the old days. That was then, this is now and I'm just bringing up a QoL issue.

While ignoring the fact this is not a complaint, more of an idea or suggestion to make things easier for everyone (NOT just me, I lost 2 tek stegos, big deal, i'll survive) I'll say again, THIS HAS HAPPENED TO OTHER PEOPLE

Other peoples "Forgetfulness" and again I say that's on YOU, dont want babies to starve dont forget.... 99.99% of the other players seem to be able to manage to hit a toggle.... cant be that hard

3 minutes ago, SgtChop said:

Other peoples "Forgetfulness" and again I say that's on YOU, dont want babies to starve dont forget.... 99.99% of the other players seem to be able to manage to hit a toggle.... cant be that hard

No it's not that hard, rarely happens, but I still think it would just be more beneficial to have it on as default and no one really has a convincing argument otherwise except milk can cause lag...

4 minutes ago, Frael said:

No it's not that hard, rarely happens, but I still think it would just be more beneficial to have it on as default and no one really has a convincing argument otherwise except milk can cause lag...

Same can be said that you dont have a convincing argument for WC to re-write their code and update multiple platforms with a patch simple because you are lazy

9 minutes ago, SgtChop said:

Same can be said that you dont have a convincing argument for WC to re-write their code and update multiple platforms with a patch simple because you are lazy

Except it's not about me being lazy, is it? I forgot to do a thing once, then thought about a change that could make it better for a lot of people then you spend over an hour trying to insult me. Something not right with you, tbh.

Except it's not about me being lazy, is it? I forgot to do a thing once, then thought about a change that could make it better for a lot of people then you spend over an hour trying to insult me. Something not right with you, tbh.

If i wanted to insult you I would have...... 

"You forgot to do a thing once" and now you want WC to re write the game code because its a inconvenience to you..... not one person as agreed with you so who exactly are you "making it better for" I cant speak for the other players like you seem to think you can but me personal does not think it would "make it better" default Nursing  off is the logical setting

Im gonna ignore your weak attempt at a insult "Something not right with you, tbh." 

Archived