Tek sleeping pod broken?

Nungtor

2 or 3 weeks ago i realized, i dont get any XP if i am online and laying in the tek bed. First i thought it could be a temp bug, but after several updates now its still the same. This happened after i reached lvl 131 or 132.
If i log out and in it seems i get the xp for the offline time, but no xp when i am online and using the tek bed.

• 4 months later...
On 3/28/2022 at 1:55 PM, Nungtor said:

2 or 3 weeks ago i realized, i dont get any XP if i am online and laying in the tek bed. First i thought it could be a temp bug, but after several updates now its still the same. This happened after i reached lvl 131 or 132.
If i log out and in it seems i get the xp for the offline time, but no xp when i am online and using the tek bed.

Also @invision@Doomek

The Tek Sleeping Pod was never supposed to give you XP while still online, if it did that in the past then it was a bug which has since been fixed.

The sleeping pod generates XP and regenerates health, thirst, hunger, removes torpor, removes aberrant spore debuffs and removes radiation - but it does all of those things only when the character is sleeping, which specifically means when you're offline.

If you lay down on any bed in the game that doesn't mean you're sleeping yet, your character only begins sleeping when you log out. You can prove this to yourself by getting a friend to help you. Take turns laying down on beds, and the sleeping pod, and you will see that the characters don't sleep when you lay down, they are only asleep when you log off.

@SunsetErosionFeel free to offer a contribution to the conversation. Your silly little facepalm without saying anything just makes you useless.

If you have any information, any useful information at all, to contribute to the conversation I'm sure everyone would be happy to see it. If you're aware of any information, again any information at all, that contradicts what I've said then by all means provide your evidence for why you disagree with that post.

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Tek_Sleeping_Pod

"health rapidly regenerates whilst the player is sleeping inside, and experience continues to trickle even while asleep and offline."

this is from someone in official lv 133 and getting exp

my character same server lv 141 but i've noticed this since back in June after the 2 weeks evo ended from fjordur map release when it went back to 1x. Even when offline for 24 hrs exp still the same

edit: just noticed the date on this post but mine and a few others i've asked experienced this after fjordur map released

On 8/11/2022 at 8:18 PM, Pipinghot said:

@SunsetErosionFeel free to offer a contribution to the conversation. Your silly little facepalm without saying anything just makes you useless.

If you have any information, any useful information at all, to contribute to the conversation I'm sure everyone would be happy to see it. If you're aware of any information, again any information at all, that contradicts what I've said then by all means provide your evidence for why you disagree with that post.

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Tek_Sleeping_Pod

"health rapidly regenerates whilst the player is sleeping inside, and experience continues to trickle even while asleep and offline."

Instead of being hurt over a emoticon, calling me useless, not getting a like, appearantly not having it right...

Allways trying to get it right with your endless stories, puzzling to get it right, or till people lose interest, and you get your "right" and your "feeling good" because you found your right...
Instead, why dont you start with "In my experience; ... " instead of just copy pasting from the wiki...

On 4/5/2022 at 5:28 PM, Nungtor said:

Hm, now i think its broken.. on Evo-Event i got 4 XP per tick when i was logged in and laying in the sleeping pod on Crystal Isle. Now after Evo-Event i dont get any XP if i am online and inside the tek sleeping pod. We should get at least 2xp per tick on 1x multi.

Could be complete nonsence. But in my opinion it is like this:

Tek sleeping pod gives you 1 xp per tick. At certain levels, like with crafting sparkpowder, you will get no xp anymore after a certain level. I am level 148 and crafting cementing paste is about the only kind of resource craft that still gives me xp
So: At certain levels you will not gain xp anymore because the gain is too low... BUT: Because the evo-event raises the amount of xp your xp gain to 4 and it isnt neglected anymore and you would still get it... up to a certain level again.

There are in my opinion indeed crooked scripts within all the sleeping pod scripts, but bugged? I dont know...

Also, gaining xp from sleeping pod in my opinion has 2 different mechanics at least. There is an online xp-tick and there is an offline xp gain.
Similar to the xp-gain dinos get in cryopods. They dont get xp per tick, but they calculate the amount of time the dino was podded. If you would unpod a dino during 2x, it would get the xp for the amount of time podded like it has been on 2x for all that time. Also the offline xp gain could be subjected to certain high levels.

Blurry story, but maybe it can give insights.

31 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

Could be complete nonsence. But in my opinion it is like this:

Tek sleeping pod gives you 1 xp per tick. At certain levels, like with crafting sparkpowder, you will get no xp anymore after a certain level. I am level 148 and crafting cementing paste is about the only kind of resource craft that still gives me xp
So: At certain levels you will not gain xp anymore because the gain is too low... BUT: Because the evo-event raises the amount of xp your xp gain to 4 and it isnt neglected anymore and you would still get it... up to a certain level again.

There are in my opinion indeed crooked scripts within all the sleeping pod scripts, but bugged? I dont know...

Also, gaining xp from sleeping pod in my opinion has 2 different mechanics at least. There is an online xp-tick and there is an offline xp gain.
Similar to the xp-gain dinos get in cryopods. They dont get xp per tick, but they calculate the amount of time the dino was podded. If you would unpod a dino during 2x, it would get the xp for the amount of time podded like it has been on 2x for all that time. Also the offline xp gain could be subjected to certain high levels.

Blurry story, but maybe it can give insights.

i've talked to multiple players both lower and higher level than me and some got hit by the bug while some didnt. A few lv 150-160 players I've asked are still getting exp even during 1x while online watching their screen like the video links i posted above.

All this happened after fjordur came out. I was getting exp before the map released but stopped after and i was still same level both times.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 5:25 PM, SunsetErosion said:

If you would unpod a dino during 2x, it would get the xp for the amount of time podded like it has been on 2x for all that time. 

Hi. Are you sure about this? So if during the 3x Event I went out my boss-dinos prepared a month ago would they have tripled the xp points they would receive if I went out today with 1x?

(In practice as if it were three months)

6 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

Hi. Are you sure about this? So if during the 3x Event I went out my boss-dinos prepared a month ago would they have tripled the xp points they would receive if I went out today with 1x?

(In practice as if it were three months)

Yes this has been confirmed by a volunteer moderator here.  There's an event coming up where the multiplier can reach 12x.   Get your pods ready.

tek pod work. but if your level is a biger than 135 + you dont see online how your experience raising in pod. 
for test lay in pod, look your xp numbers. stay in pod some minutes, look at your xp numbers. nothing change yes? stay in pod and go relog. after relog, your xp numbers is bigger.. on hi level you dont see how your xp raising. same is if you scrap stone in to flint. on hi level, nothing raise online (your xp is a very big number). 
if you use some xp boosts aka toilet, soup, note xp, golden egg, with this boosts you see again how your xp again raising online :-).  in pod 🙂

Archived