How do I count my dino's?

ClydeFr0g

Hi,

I'm a new player and I want to know how I can count how many dino's I have of a specific kind (in this case megatheriums). I think I have about 10 or 12 but they all stand on top of each other and it's impossible to determine how many there are exactly like this. It's driving me nuts...

Apologies if this is a really stupid question or if it is posted in the wrong subforum but like I said I'm new to the game and this forum.

Thanks for helping me out!

You just have to move them around and count them. There is no (on official, IDK about any mods or anything) thing that tells you how many of what type. You can get the full tribe dino count (of unpodded dinos) in your inventory in the middle where it talks about your stats but that can be thrown off by a few things, like a tek stryder is worth 20 dinos.

15 hours ago, ClydeFr0g said:

Hi,

I'm a new player and I want to know how I can count how many dino's I have of a specific kind (in this case megatheriums). I think I have about 10 or 12 but they all stand on top of each other and it's impossible to determine how many there are exactly like this. It's driving me nuts...

Apologies if this is a really stupid question or if it is posted in the wrong subforum but like I said I'm new to the game and this forum.

Thanks for helping me out!

You can make tame groups for a specific dino. If you have done that you can select the new dino-group (Megatheriums) with the numpad numbers. Selecting the Megatherium group will show you where the dinos are in that group with green arrows above them. This might be a way to count them easier. Though with really high dino counts it might be an unreliable estimation for counting.

On 3/26/2022 at 10:15 PM, Cowgirl said:

You just have to move them around and count them. There is no (on official, IDK about any mods or anything) thing that tells you how many of what type. You can get the full tribe dino count (of unpodded dinos) in your inventory in the middle where it talks about your stats but that can be thrown off by a few things, like a tek stryder is worth 20 dinos.

On 3/26/2022 at 5:09 PM, ClydeFr0g said:

Hi, I'm a new player and I want to know how I can count how many dino's I have of a specific kind (in this case megatheriums). I think I have about 10 or 12 but they all stand on top of each other and it's impossible to determine how many there are exactly like this. It's driving me nuts...Apologies if this is a really stupid question or if it is posted in the wrong subforum but like I said I'm new to the game and this forum. Thanks for helping me out!

Well, there is a couple options. First off, line them up and count them. If you have so many that you loose count, line 5 of them up faceing you, then line the next 5 with their backs to you. This should help you keep count as you go down the line.

Next, you can use cryopods. Cook up like 50 at a time, start sucking them up, and then its easy to count them that way.

• 2 weeks later...

The only way to solve this problem faster would be to find a mod, or create a mod.  The pod method or counting total pods is the best solution in my estimation.

It would be an excellent opportunity to learn how to make a mod.  I would estimate that this would be very doable for a person new to the concept of creating a mod.

Archived