Community Crunch 308: Introducing Mjolnir, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

Dear planner of events, I am not a friend of constantly happening events. Every now and then, however, it is quite motivating. Like lately.
The last event took place last weekend. Unfortunately exactly on the weekend where the transfer to the crossark-server was activated. Not many players were playing on lost island until last weekend and those who are experienced dont play when the transfer opens. so they didnt get anything out of this event. the reason for this is visible in the screen. a few days after the event then it also hit me.

I also lost the ammo that I had made for weeks with x1, without success. but why do you have no tek turets ? because elements are missing, because you only get it from the boss. for the boss, however, you need the artifacts that can be found in the caves, which are usually blocked on crossark, because tribes build their base there.

Unfortunately, thats the way it is. you know how much time was invested in base building and defense. It would be helpful to restore the base with a quick following event, instead of leaving the server frustrated as one of the few players left. because the cowards with lvl 380 stegos always come when youve just logged out and cant react, and they will come back.
I play on pvp-crossark5-lost island, which is an official server.

20220325114717_1.jpg

Literally says this comes out in June and Easter Event comes out in April... Priorities... Wildcard does absolutely poope in listening to their players. If this is the last year for events, at least do Evo every weekend or every other weekend. Completely asinine to do Evo and do server transfer unlock at the same time and then not at all. How has this not been learned from already from every DLC?

Anyone who sees these two or three sentence crunches as "good" simply to support wildcard, are just as toxic, if not more so, than players voicing their opinions on the inadequacy of these posts. The lack of simple review of their numbering shows how little effort they actually put into these posts.

With the release of ARK 2 and the other Ark projects, you think theyd want to entice more players, having ARK free on ps4 all month, you'd have Evo all month to entice players. This being last year of events, have BETTER events as a last hurrah, so new players have a want to play the second one and have crunches about THOSE events, not mention of a potentially functional skin applicable to a dlc that isn't dropping for months. Hell why not both? 

Ya need a better media team and better promotion team.

Just missing the mark all over.

I think it would have better for the community to either had not done EVO events every weekend until last year only to drop them very sporadically. 

You should tell us your plans about EVO events because it’s hard to plan to play or not when we do not have an idea when the next evo event is coming. Just a sentence or two about your evo event schedule logic wouldn’t take much effort. 

1 hour ago, Rezin said:

Anyone who sees these two or three sentence crunches as "good" simply to support wildcard, are just as toxic, if not more so, than players voicing their opinions on the inadequacy of these posts. The lack of simple review of their numbering shows how little effort they actually put into these posts.

Never knew that being nice and supportive is a toxic thing to do. I'll keep that in mind and be more of a jerk in the future.

Also, if you don't like these crunches... maybe don't read them?

13 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

I think that Mjolnir won't be just another skin, due to the fact that they said it is a "functional weapon skin", and it "packs its own special powers". I'm pretty excited about it!

Aside from that, it genuinely makes me sad when I see how awful this community is. Complaining about literally anything they can find. They could probably say that they're starting an initiative to clear out every single bug in the game, and there would still be people complaining about not getting 2x rates for that weekend or whatever. How about y'all learn to be grateful for a change, and appreciate what you have, and what you're getting, rather than what you don't have, or not getting.

How about you understand how it feels for them to always tell you 2 months from now crap but can't tell you stuff supposed to happen within days that's a huge issue there the only game in history to always push future crap instead of what's coming soon are we gonna start ark 3 trailers when 2 isn't even released?

• Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, Terminate313 said:

How about you understand how it feels for them to always tell you 2 months from now crap but can't tell you stuff supposed to happen within days that's a huge issue there the only game in history to always push future crap instead of what's coming soon are we gonna start ark 3 trailers when 2 isn't even released?

You're saying that I shouldn't be grateful, but instead be miserable and complain about everything? I'll pass.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

Never knew that being nice and supportive is a toxic thing to do. I'll keep that in mind and be more of a jerk in the future.

Also, if you don't like these crunches... maybe don't read them?

Generally, if ur supporting the "bad guys" u urself are a "bad guy".  If the devs behavior is toxic (which it arguably is) than u supporting them is just enabling the toxic behavior.  Its arguably more ur fault because u may be why they are doing it, because youve enabled and encourage them to do it with no repercussions.  Not saying im casting a vote here, just explaining the mindset.

• Facepalm 2

15 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Generally, if ur supporting the "bad guys" u urself are a "bad guy".  If the devs behavior is toxic (which it arguably is) than u supporting them is just enabling the toxic behavior.  Its arguably more ur fault because u may be why they are doing it, because youve enabled and encourage them to do it with no repercussions.  Not saying im casting a vote here, just explaining the mindset.

All I know is that I play the game, I enjoy the game, and I'm grateful for Wildcard for giving me the game, and all the DLCs along with it. To me, the idea of playing and enjoying a game all the time, only to go onto every weekly post to complain about everything I can find, seems very childish. If all this makes me a "bad guy", then I guess I'm a bad guy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

You're saying that I shouldn't be grateful, but instead be miserable and complain about everything? I'll pass.

Not saying to be ungrateful, just saying the stuff to come sooner then later is more important why mention a map you can't touch months ahead when there's supposed to be a release in days. Wouldn't play if I didint enjoy it I'd assume the rest as well just would like a proper warning the last events of the year to enjoy before they forget about the game entirely. 

7 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

All I know is that I play the game, I enjoy the game, and I'm grateful for Wildcard for giving me the game, and all the DLCs along with it. To me, the idea of playing and enjoying a game all the time, only to go onto every weekly post to complain about everything I can find, seems very childish. If all this makes me a "bad guy", then I guess I'm a bad guy.

I to enjoy this game.  Its an amazing game.  As amazing as it is tho, its insanely frustrating how the devs go about dealing with the game.  There are things unanswered that should of been addressed a long time ago that they have refused to fix.  They focus on things that arnt really needed right now over important fixes and correcting broken mechanics that theyve known of for A VERY long time.

Now, i dont really know exactly what was being said before but u dont exactly seem like a "bad guy".  Ur likely calling out the people complaining about no evo and other menial issues...Which i agree with u is kinda stupid when u have a slew of actual important things to worry about.  As i said, i was explaining the general mindset, not casting a vote towards u or the other guy...But u have to understand...When u cant even beat the game without cheats because the artifact doesnt spawn on the original/main map...And the devs have known this has been a problem for years...Thats not good.  People praising the devs is gonna ruffle some feathers, even if your praising them for something legit.  That being said, bringing home a B+ after egging the neighbors car doesnt mean u dont deserved to get punished.

• Volunteer Moderator

Easter is still 3 weeks away. You'll probably get news next week I would have thought.

What you know already:

• Eggcellent adventure IS coming
  • It will be the same stuff as previous years
  • Same skins, same colours
  • Maybe the odd new skin as usual
  • There will be boosted rates

So all that's really unknown is the dates it starts. Now looking back at previous Eggcellent adventures they have all started around 4 days prior to Easter Sunday.

Now yes it's good to get dates to plan ahead, but you already know what to expect, so everyone should be planning ahead on what they know. Why anyone would need 2 months notice for an event that is the same every year is beyond me.

The fuss made about this is rather unbalanced.

9 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

If the devs behavior is toxic (which it arguably is)

Well now you've got me curious. What exactly have they done to be considered "toxic"? Last I checked their particular sin was being almost comically inept at management of their game's programming. A game company isn't explicitly required to give its users a platform to voice concerns, nor are they required to listen to feedback even though admittedly failure to do so would be suicidal from a buisiness standpoint. They aren't wiping servers at the drop of a hat, they aren't joining servers and trashing everything on a whim with admin abilities, and they aren't actively bad mouthing their consumer base. They're just really bad at prioritizing the key issues. By no means a small issue in and of itself, but not even remotely toxic. Meanwhile nearly every CC there's a complaint that boils down to "No EVO! This game sucks!", "They didn't extend an event because *I* personally didn't get to enjoy it! This game sucks!", or, if you were here for the voting shenanigans "The creature I wanted to get in didn't! This game sucks!". Like seriously, if everyone's going to get their hackles raised at least do it because something in the game is genuinely broken, not because you didn't get the toy in your happy meal.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GP said:

Now yes it's good to get dates to plan ahead, but you already know what to expect, so everyone should be planning ahead on what they know. Why anyone would need 2 months notice for an event that is the same every year is beyond me.

That was something I was going to mention. Why get so worked up over something that is, A, most likely going to be released at the same time as the previous 6, and B, going to be nearly the exact same event as said previous 6.

3 minutes ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

That was something I was going to mention. Why get so worked up over something that is, A, most likely going to be released at the same time as the previous 6, and B, going to be nearly the exact same event as said previous 6.

Because people have a deep seeded need to complain about things even when the things they complain about are pale shadows of the true problems inherent to an issue. It's like watching people get angry that the cut of steak they got isn't a porterhouse when the real issue is that the cow it came from had prion disease.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Because people have a deep seeded need to complain about things even when the things they complain about are pale shadows of the true problems inherent to an issue. It's like watching people get angry that the cut of steak they got isn't a porterhouse when the real issue is that the cow it came from had prion disease.

I actually mentioned this and agree with it.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Meanwhile nearly every CC there's a complaint that boils down to "No EVO! This game sucks!", "They didn't extend an event because *I* personally didn't get to enjoy it! This game sucks!", or, if you were here for the voting shenanigans "The creature I wanted to get in didn't! This game sucks!". Like seriously, if everyone's going to get their hackles raised at least do it because something in the game is genuinely broken, not because you didn't get the toy in your happy meal.

Sorry i cant edit a quote into my previous post, so sorry for double post.

In my follow up post i basically (and do) agreed with what ur saying here.  There are much more serious issues that make most of the crying here pathetic shadows.  I personally think its boiled down to 2 major issues.  1 we know that they wont answer our legit complaints so we just want the buffer to sustain ourselves (Personally im running a solo with half exp gains because its to fast now, but i could see pvpers legitimate need for better rates under the circumstances.), and 2 because the serious crap is ignored the people just get spiteful over everything.  The last 1 is hard for me to decide how exactly i feel about it.  Obviously spiteful behavior can be obnoxious and childish, but at the same time if youve earned ur hate and have also been unmovingly unreasonable (which wildcard has been with refusing to fix issues, focusing instead only on their wallet and attention grabbing antics.  Not exactly ur typical definition of toxicity, but its still a poison thats killing the game and its d head behavior, so toxic in my book.) than it could be reasonably understandable for ur playerbase to be spiteful.