Costume recipes for tames

SunsetErosion

21 minutes ago, KingOfTheFort said:

Nope. I only use them for my character. Haven't tried them on tames yet.

I have tested this out before, long time ago, I forgot the conclusions and maybe i missed a patchnote.
I just tried them out again.
Food, rather a drink that restores 0,45 water and 250 hp, but no food replentishment, restores no health of the tame faster than the normal health regeneration.

Not allways a snow owl or deadon is practical. But anyways its for the knowhow. Knowing you could also boost your pets hp with consumables would be nice..
Too bad they dont seem to have effect, my custom recipe for drinks is pretty powerfull, not daedon or snow owl comparable but still 250hp regen over time.

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

Again it was about wheter the consumables have effect or not

Some stats are, others are not. For instance, I know Stamina works (or used to, not sure if that was changed at some point). I used to have a recipe that gave 20k+ stamina and was using it on Wyverns to avoid having to land as well as Quetzals (still had to dismount, though, but they would regenerate Stamina while you are on them).

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Some stats are, others are not. For instance, I know Stamina works (or used to, not sure if that was changed at some point). I used to have a recipe that gave 20k+ stamina and was using it on Wyverns to avoid having to land as well as Quetzals (still had to dismount, though, but they would regenerate Stamina while you are on them).

I think a lot of people forget that for whatever health consumable you take, meat, recipe etc. It is only as affective as the % of the level of food that is restored.
EG. Cooked meat restores 20 food and 8 hp. But if your character only lost 10 food of its max, the cooked meat will only heal 4 hp.
Maybe this is also the case with dinos, since they are usally stuffed and dont have a water-level maybe the recipe doesnt have affect.
Going to test again. Maybe everyones conclusion was wrong for all those years haha :)

Edit after tests: Yep, only stamina recovery from recipes does seem to work.

Archived