Aw man I can't wait for Ark 2!

Morikar

Dude this is gonna be such an awesome game! I can't wait to see all the powerful wild dinosaurs only to have them insanely nerfed when tamed! Super looking forward to that I tell ya. Aw man all the new stuff and even dinosaurs we'll be able to make and tame that will only be catered to PvP and will never have a use in PvE is where I think the game will really shine. After all Survival Games are SO meant for Competition against players and not the environment don't you guys agree? Oh man I fantasize about having to use guns to defend myself from dinosaurs and have them do very little damage due to their bullet resistance buff! Isn't that gonna be so fun? Clearly they know what fun is because look at Ark 1. Building a game completely around PvP when you also have a PvE mode? Oh dude that's amazing design right there that just NEEDS to be implemented in Ark 2. Dude in Ark 2 I really hope they make it so Flyers can only go maybe 30 meters before they have to land. That's a true way to travel but that's totally my opinion. Ark 2 is gonna be so good you guys I honestly can't wait to experience all these features. I think my favorite part is gonna be when they nerf a dino STRICTLY because of PvP and not even reduce the overall time it takes to tame them after nerf. I think that's gonna get them an award I'll bet! What do you guys wanna see from Ark 2?

45 minutes ago, KingOfTheFort said:

Should be great. I can't wait for the server saves every 15 minutes to be gone. If there's stryders I'm sure that the taming process will be easy on them as opposed to buggy like it is now.
I bet that they'll eliminate the upload timer, too. That would save a lot of time for a lot of players.
I'm sure they'll add a way for people on the regular game to switch over, too, so that they don't have to redo hundreds or thousands of hours of work on the new game. Or at least promise not to close official servers. 😀

I didnt find much a problem with the Taming of Stryders. But i believe you game is practically unique to everyone lol. The upload timer i definitely believe is insanely uncessary and I have no idea what sort of intended purpose it serves. You could instantly travel to servers if you just so happen to have caught the timer being reset. And with everyone having tek in GEN2 everyone knows when the timer is gonna be up so they can prepare for everything. Its very weird to see but im totally hoping they get rid of that. As far closing servers i mean. Can they afford to keep those up? With all the new maps on the way they gotta open alot of PVE and PVP servers and I feel like thats pretty costly. Dont get me wrong I would HATE to see the servers close cause all the hardcore pvpers would be busy on Ark 2. so i can finally get a taste of what its like to raid a base. But if they can't afford to keep em up or if flow of cash are stunting Ark 2s growth because they're keeping the servers on ark 1 up as much as it would suck to have all those weeks even months of Squid Mosa Giga and Rex raising to be gone I'd like to think it would be for the greater good.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, KingOfTheFort said:

When an open world game is played for hundreds or even thousands of hours, it becomes part of someones life. Now, think of hundreds of people on a server with each person having hundreds/thousands of hours of gameplay on that one server.
Now think of the entire network being shut down. It just wouldn't be acceptable. Not for several years anyhow.

Yet, that's about exactly what happened when the game went 'live' in 2017.

Everyone that had been playing lost everything they worked on for 2 years. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Morikar said:

You commented on a previous post and I replied saying not to comment on my posts again. Here you are commenting on my post again after you were told not to. Do not reply to this and I will say it again Do not comment on my posts.

Let's clear something up here.

Anybody can reply to any post. As long as they aren't breaking any rules. If you don't want to see something from a particular user. You can click the ignore button.

23 minutes ago, KingOfTheFort said:

When an open world game is played for hundreds or even thousands of hours, it becomes part of someones life. Now, think of hundreds of people on a server with each person having hundreds/thousands of hours of gameplay on that one server.
Now think of the entire network being shut down. It just wouldn't be acceptable. Not for several years anyhow.

I agree with you whole heartedly i really do. But thats kind of how the gaming industry is. I mean think about it Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on switch for example. I put so much time into it and farmed every large monster set with the matching weapon fully upgraded and everything. Monster Hunter Rise comes out and its not like im gonna be playing Generations because i like Rise alot more. So that effort and time kinda gets abandoned. I think its more so of the memories and the things you did, accomplished, figured out, and shared with the world. And you get to hold onto the feeling beyond sequels. Now i understand the example i used is far different from ark because ark has i think i can safely say over 100K players putting in at this point more hours playing the game than the devs spent making it lmao.  So that equals to millions of hours split among so many people wasted (and to be fair in pvp those hours get wasted anyway. Every tribe falls) their time IF they did decide to shut down their servers. But it costs alot of money to open 30-50 servers at a time when a new map comes out. So idk again im HOPING they keep the servers up cause again all the ark pvp players would have unmanned bases and I can get a taste of what raiding is like. But i would understand if they did shut them down.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, KingOfTheFort said:

That stinks. I hope you've been able to recover since then. 2 years of gameplay, couldn't imagine how much you would lose. I have about a half year of playtime and can't imagine my progress being wiped. I probably would stop playing the game or move to unofficial.

Well at first, they released the servers that were shut down save files and you could upload them to your private server. A few of us did that for a while but then just bit the bullet and started fresh on the new cluster. It wasn't all that bad really after a while.

18 minutes ago, KingOfTheFort said:

I would be very unhappy if they closed, that's for sure. All the time I've spent and memories I've made, things I've done, explorations I've made and time I've set aside to play, would be for nothing,
Do you play official pve?

No i can't stand the rubberbanding. Im not sure how people got used to it. Singleplayer all the way man! Love the mods. I do think it sucks time doesn't go by when offline which is pretty needed. But mostly i love the singleplayer life. My only issue is that it crashes alot for some reason. Some crashes are because of the mods but other crashing is "Built in the game" so to speak.

13 minutes ago, KingOfTheFort said:

I couldn't imagine playing singleplayer. I tried it once and it was unbelievably boring. No trading, communication, help or advice from other players. I don't know how people do it. No boss runs or sense of accomplishment when helping players start out. People who can play singleplayer and still have fun in the game amaze me.

Oh dude I have an atomic tons of fun. Don't have to pillar off in any areas I live in. Don't have to worry about the "PvE timer decay" when I build outposts on other maps for the sake of creature finding. I have a massive variety of new original and variants of dinosaurs (The Ark Collection adds 7 and 2 WIP dinosaurs to Ark. Them having additional variants). I can tame the untamable (The No Untameables Mod allows me to tame or get Reaper Queens. Deathworms. Jug Bugs Nameless. So more additional creatures) and they all have legit ways to tame them. Some unique some basic tradition. The S+ Transmitters have a function where they can scan for all the current dinos in the area. So for example If i want a quetzal. I go to the scanner and it'll tell me the actual coordinates of where it is! Its so AWESOME! And feels so amazing rewarding more so when I unlock it. I can cryo dinos from a distance and instantly with the Dino Storage V2 mod. I can uncryo creatures during boss fights with that mod (so long as i added the configuration) I actually learned but a fraction of coding because of what I needed to do to A: Fix the leveling glitch. B: Fix the glitch where it wouldn't allow me to bring flyers to caves. I love the fact that I can bring flyers to caves (cause it makes no sense that you can't do that. Yeah its easier but its a survival game. We need to use what we have and whats given to us in order to survive) I learned how to copy n paste other peoples codes and I have made MY perfect ark. Its completely my world that I made! All the settings and stuff are all perfectly paced for a leisurely pleasurable survival experienced. I think its dumb that the player has to fix the glitches himself but its still amazingly fantastic. I can't ever go online (unless i pay for a server and open it up) again because of how amazingly fun it is to go to a boss fight and throw gigas at the boss along with the normal rex army. Its so fun not having to worry about if someone is gonna put an inconvenient structure near my base cause I forgot to pillar a spot. Its really an amazing time and its the Ark that I always dreamed of having. Now I finally have it! I hate the fact that tethering is a thing and even when you put it up to 99 it still doesnt work as intended. Theres so many flaws with singleplayer. But holy mother of god I absolutely love this game so much incredibly more and did things and learned things that only a fraction of the player base gets to experience. Do you know how awesome it is to throw a mek out of a cryopod and strike a boss with it? So insanely fun! I can spawn a bunch of Bosses and have my army kill them all (if they die oh well. Could breed or tame more and I get element). I can "Transfer" element (Lets say i get 5000 element from GEN2. I drop all of it. Then spawn in 5000 element when i transfer into lost island) Im so sorry i wrote you an essay i just LOVE talking about singleplayer it brings me an excessive amount of Joy. Its so good. Again I hate that it crashes often. I hate that I had to fix the glitches myself. But the overall positives absolutely DESTROY the little negatives. So awesome and such an amazingly better game. I really do wish i had the money to open a server.

2 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

He's not lying. There's a lot of positives to running private or your own server.

Lots. But you do give up that social aspect unless you have your buddies on your private server with you. That really is the best of both worlds.

Now see I do see the appeal of the online though. Its very capable of giving you a unique experience that even with a non dedicated server with your friends can't give you. But I've had so many problems with people just being irritants. Don't get me wrong that's every online game. Its nothing new. But with Ark in particular its extra frustrating because the game is already insanely difficult. Then you've got people building in your spot when you have it pillared off (I don't like the fact that I would need to do that but at least its a solution) just to be a troll and then you've got people who adjust trades at the last second. Like this guy once wanted (this was half a decade ago. PvE) me to give him 500 Tranq arrows for a Fertilized Quetzal Egg. Now this was at the time when Quetzal Spawns were bugged on Ragnarok and nobody could find any wild ones in their usual spots due to excessive building. Then I said "Alright this is gonna be so awesome you've made a man very moist today" and I guess that offended him because he then bumped the arrows amount to 700 and wanted a Fertilized Rex Egg. When we agreed on the initial trade. Luckily I canceled the trade after he was being uncooperative cause I thought i was being funny and just a few weeks later they fixed the spawns. So i get that the social aspect adds to Ark that singleplayer can't give you. But I just have such HORRIBLE luck with people encounters that i decided yknow what? I think I wanna do singleplayer. And at first I hated it. But then i really liked the idea of taming thesae creatures that used to actually exist. then years later I discovered PC is the master race and thats when my Ark Life went from a Agitating but somewhat fun experience to an amazing all around with minor issues at most. On xbox my gen2 file would erase itself because yknow... great coders. Not an issue on PC! So awesome.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Morikar said:

Now see I do see the appeal of the online though. Its very capable of giving you a unique experience that even with a non dedicated server with your friends can't give you. But I've had so many problems with people just being irritants. Don't get me wrong that's every online game. Its nothing new. But with Ark in particular its extra frustrating because the game is already insanely difficult. Then you've got people building in your spot when you have it pillared off (I don't like the fact that I would need to do that but at least its a solution) just to be a troll and then you've got people who adjust trades at the last second. Like this guy once wanted (this was half a decade ago. PvE) me to give him 500 Tranq arrows for a Fertilized Quetzal Egg. Now this was at the time when Quetzal Spawns were bugged on Ragnarok and nobody could find any wild ones in their usual spots due to excessive building. Then I said "Alright this is gonna be so awesome you've made a man very moist today" and I guess that offended him because he then bumped the arrows amount to 700 and wanted a Fertilized Rex Egg. When we agreed on the initial trade. Luckily I canceled the trade after he was being uncooperative cause I thought i was being funny and just a few weeks later they fixed the spawns. So i get that the social aspect adds to Ark that singleplayer can't give you. But I just have such HORRIBLE luck with people encounters that i decided yknow what? I think I wanna do singleplayer. And at first I hated it. But then i really liked the idea of taming thesae creatures that used to actually exist. then years later I discovered PC is the master race and thats when my Ark Life went from a Agitating but somewhat fun experience to an amazing all around with minor issues at most. On xbox my gen2 file would erase itself because yknow... great coders. Not an issue on PC! So awesome.

The best, absolute best part of running single player (unofficial) is the ability to quickly recover from the bugs. Hands down.

23 hours ago, Morikar said:

Dude this is gonna be such an awesome game! I can't wait to see all the powerful wild dinosaurs only to have them insanely nerfed when tamed! Super looking forward to that I tell ya. Aw man all the new stuff and even dinosaurs we'll be able to make and tame that will only be catered to PvP and will never have a use in PvE is where I think the game will really shine. After all Survival Games are SO meant for Competition against players and not the environment don't you guys agree? Oh man I fantasize about having to use guns to defend myself from dinosaurs and have them do very little damage due to their bullet resistance buff! Isn't that gonna be so fun? Clearly they know what fun is because look at Ark 1. Building a game completely around PvP when you also have a PvE mode? Oh dude that's amazing design right there that just NEEDS to be implemented in Ark 2. Dude in Ark 2 I really hope they make it so Flyers can only go maybe 30 meters before they have to land. That's a true way to travel but that's totally my opinion. Ark 2 is gonna be so good you guys I honestly can't wait to experience all these features. I think my favorite part is gonna be when they nerf a dino STRICTLY because of PvP and not even reduce the overall time it takes to tame them after nerf. I think that's gonna get them an award I'll bet! What do you guys wanna see from Ark 2?

I know right, not fixing the horrendous coding issues in ARK 1 and just reusing it and branding it ARK 2 im sure will make it feel like a completely new game while being exactly like the game we already love to hate.... removing attractive traits from wild dino on taming really feels like an accomplishment.. I mean who would want a Ravager that applies a bleed proc... not me!! i tame all the ravagers i see just to remove that pesky bleed proc that is totally not awesome at all

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The best, absolute best part of running single player (unofficial) is the ability to quickly recover from the bugs. Hands down.

I remember my mind being blown when alot of the bugs within the game were able to be adjusted in just a the "Notepad" I was like wait... all this information (Granted im sure its not ALL in the notepad but where the "server" settings are" such as adding the difficulty override to get the levels to work properly. And going in the steam command line (yknow the place where you click properties on a steam game) to fix the flyers. But the things such as tek powers enabled on genesis and customizing loot drops with a server manager I had no idea that ALL that info takes place in the common notepad. I just thought it was something you write in. Turns out Notepad has magic in it that holds can adjust your game as you see fit. I bet theres some codes I could put in there that no one else have discovered if i wanted to experiment enough. So yeah overall I gained actual knowledge from singleplayer that I dont think playing online would've given me. Granted it was agitating finding the information but just like any puzzle when you put all the pieces together... you FEEL things.

5 minutes ago, SgtChop said:

I know right, not fixing the horrendous coding issues in ARK 1 and just reusing it and branding it ARK 2 im sure will make it feel like a completely new game while being exactly like the game we already love to hate.... removing attractive traits from wild dino on taming really feels like an accomplishment.. I mean who would want a Ravager that applies a bleed proc... not me!! i tame all the ravagers i see just to remove that pesky bleed proc that is totally not awesome at all

In all seriousness I understand that when they make the nerf after tame its intended to see the game isn't as easy. Like they don't wanna make the game easy they wanna keep it challenging. But the whole point of a survival game at least IMO is that its supposed to be insanely hard at the start cause you have nothing. Then you start getting tools and armor and you climb your way up to the top. Remember that you died to a Dilo? You can get to the point where only a Giganotosaurus (or drowning) can kill you. Survival games are meant to be easier the more you play. Thats supposed to be the reward I'd figure. Like you put the hours in and you didnt give up from dying  alot and losing your stuff weather to glitches or unreachable areas. and you were persistent enough to defeat the bosses and get tek. But its so weird to NERF so much of what us humans are allowed to do when were suppose to survive. The only agreeable item i would defend not being allowed to use is Cryopods in Boss Fights. I still don't like not being able to do that But i can actually get behind the idea as to why its nerfed. I just don't like the fact that a survival game is nerfing the survivors and dinosaurs which are base needs for survival. And honestly I understand the nerfs but when they do nerf they dont even reduce its tame value (meaning they still take the same amount of time to tame). But on the bright side they dont increase the time it takes when they buff a dino (Even though dino buffs happen less often than a blue moon). Like if your gonna nerf a dino. Nerf it in the wild too. Thats all im saying.

43 minutes ago, KingOfTheFort said:

It's great that you have found a way to enjoy yourself in the game. That's all that matters in the end. I personally get the majority of my entertainment from the social aspect of the game.
Unofficial gives you the best of both worlds. My main issue is how long it takes mods to load. 
And yeah, sometimes there can be toxic people but I haven't had any bad experiences so far. 

Oh dear god dude yeah the LOADING is so awful. Like surely these devs would understand that there are mods that are damn near required. Like the 7 additional dinos. Krakens Better Dinos. No untameables. S+. Dino Storage V2 Like i truly believe all of those are MUST HAVE mods. The overall game is so strongly built on workarounds, laziness, and pvp. These mods absolutely don't care about which mode of the game these were catered for they focused on making the game alot more fun. I think that sucks that wildcard stumped their own game so hard because they were too focused on making it a competition among people rather than making fun but while also challenging as a game against the environment. It held back the games potential so hard because of that. But hey these modders quite actually have unleashed the games true potential. Even Wildcard realize the modders not only do a better job with their projects than the entire wildcard team. But they straight up Implement maps and some of the s+ structures to the official servers because of how much of an incredible job these modders do. But BY GOD the loading truly makes it so hard ESPECIALLY when you consistently transfer between maps. And in singleplayer theres spawn issues. Like on Crystal Isles Tropeognathus's spawns reset when you exit the map. Same thing with Noglins on Gen2. Plus the game will crash while its trying to load from transferring. At first I thought it was the mods. But when I cleaned wiped my entire harddrive of ANYTHING even closely related to ark the crashes still occured. And they can't fix it. its unfixable. At least thats what I think. In fact when it comes to bugs theres so much unknown bugs that we dont even know. A great example is the Mek. The "Bug" where the Mek Modules kept losing durability every time you uncryoed a mek. I would bet actual money that NOBODY knew it was a bug. We all thought it was intended because it loses durability when you remove it. So it makes sense to lose durability when it gets uncryoed. And that was a bug in the game for YEARS. They only recently fixed it. Idk if they have a listening problem or too many conflicting reports or what but yeah i really wish they would polish up singleplayer cause most of the mods that get used are mostly singleplayer users. But hey i've got a Switch, and Pocket Tanks on my phone so they pass the time pretty nicely when it comes to the loading. But I agree loading is really long even with like 4 mods.

• 1 month later...

Archived