Meks are garbage and so is much of the top tier gear.

Flyingdragonkick

When I got my ascendant BP Mek with pretty good stats I was happy. By the end of this its a complete nightmare like most of this game is when it comes to mechanics / balance. Like all top tier bps its required 18k metal 9k poly 700 element etc which isn't much besides having to transfer the materials to the destination of where the replicator/element is. I finally get it all done and see how great it looks with all the shiny metal / the size of a two or three story building thinking this thing will do some damage against the corrupt like the game says it will........ lmao I was wrong. I get it to a purp orb and place spikes down to get prepared for these waves, literally the first wave they send out dozens of wyverns which overtake my mek in seconds leaving me swinging/shooting for the hills. They somehow lift up the mek while its near explosion with me and I die leaving my bag with my giga wyvern owl etc floating more than 16 walls high. I will never again make a mek unless its for something else than combat which is completely stupid and ive lost all trust in any high bp / tech. It seems a highly mutated giga is the best and only tame you need wherever it can fit. I don't see how floating bags are still a thing, this wouldn't of mattered if I never fell for the dumb mek / extra corrupt damage which is a lie.

Edit- I can't reply as I'm limited from what I see but I learned I made a mistake. Though I still hold the mek for the size and resources needed its a useless piece of junk. The enforcers are at its feet and get the bonus damage only. I tried those and they don't really work along with it being lack luster compared to a huge Gundam like robot with a sword. I still will not make one again besides the exo version because it can pick up containers? Not sure about that though at all besides reading. 

3 hours ago, TheNamesRat said:

meks are good against single targets like a titan or an enemy giga or something, not really useful if you're playing pve or singleplayer. its more for clearing spam on pvp.

I would agree but they added in the information that meks /enforcers have extra damage against corrupt. That would lead you to think a huge robot from an ascendant bp will at least hold their own the first waves. It couldn't even do that and I tested it against single corrupt which leads to it struggling with yellow lvl dinos is beyond unacceptable for the description/ material for the machine. Its the size of a rex with a huge sword and a huge laser blaster gun, talk about huge false advertisement on these things. All you need in this game really in most of it where it can fit is a highly mutated giga, that thing can wreck anything in site, it can be a damn god of ark and that giga will still get the win lol I learned my lesson but the loss of my stuff floating 16 walls or higher is going to take awhile to let go. The giga is mainly why i'm sour but i got two more growing at moment, my gut kept telling me not to attempt the purp but i was like no why would they add a huge robot if they can't fight..... lol

4 hours ago, TheNamesRat said:

meks are good against single targets like a titan or an enemy giga or something, not really useful if you're playing pve or singleplayer. its more for clearing spam on pvp.

Tbh, i dont know how.  Ive spawned an asc mek just to see what the hype was about.  I was highly disappointed by its power/abilities.  Its hp and dmg was a joke.  Ppl on tried telling me my boss spino with 40k hp and 1000%dmg wasnt better than a mek...Im thinking, ok lets see u try kill my spino with ur mek.  After ur thrusters over heat ur mine B****

4 hours ago, TheNamesRat said:

Mek in pve can use to tame titanosaur and astrocetus(0%taming effective)

To prevent die in the volcano eruption in gen 1

Fight titans and make the megamek 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TheNamesRat said:

i guess they can be used for taming knock out tames, didnt think about that, and they can be used to make the mega mek, but i wouldn't use them to fight the titans, would just use a top end giga and the fight will last about 20 seconds. giga's melt titans.

To tame sure sometime use a mek,i kill ice and forest titans with a giga,desert just 1 wyvern

Archived