Aequor Anguillae - literally translates to "deep sea eel"

Griffin998

Suggestion

Hey ARKers! So, right now, a tamed electrophorus is not very useful. So, this is my idea for a variant of the electrophorus-a deep sea variant. It is technically a different creature, but anyway, let's get into it!

Aequor Anguillae: The deep sea eel

Temperament: Highly Aggressive

Tameable: Yes

Rideable: Yes

Breedable: Yes

Torpor Immune: Yes

Taming Method: Passive

Preferred Kibble: Superior

Preferred Food: Prime fish meat

Rider Weaponry: No

Humans can carry: No

Mutatable (important): Rarely

Level 1 health: 350

Level 1 damage: 100 

Wild:

Aequor Anguillae is by far the oddest creature I've ever laid eyes on. It's like the unholy child of an eel and a piranha, with a weird, huge mouth and eyes set on the top of it's head. It's body is long and stretched out, much like the Electrophorus that populate the waters of the ARKs. However, upon further examination of corpses brought to me by various survivors, I have determined that Aequor is a member of the true eel family, and not a knife fish like Electrophorus. On multiple occasions, I have seen Aequors sitting stock-still in one place with the bioluminescent lures on their head tentacles activated. When a fish small enough approaches, it lunges out and swallows it whole. I've seen this done even with survivors trying to tame the beast. Aequor will never spawn in groups, as they tend to attack and kill all creatures in sight, sometimes leading to their untimely demise by Mosasaur. There is, however, one peculiar exception to this rule. Multiple Aequor will gang up on a Plesiosaur to take it down and then feast upon the carcass. Then, they go their separate ways with absolutely no signs of aggression. Even when tamed, their instincts tend to take over, and they will attack any Plesiosaurs near them, regardless if they are allied or not. If they are ridden, they will stay the path, but they will also receive a considerable boost to their bite power and to their will to live. 

DOMESTICATED:

To domesticate this powerful creature, you must carefully swim up to it's open mouth while riding something it is cable of swallowing as it is waiting for a creature to swim too close. Before it lunges for your mount, you must dismount or risk getting eaten along with your mount. When you have fed multiple such creatures, it will begin to cautiously follow our around, during which you must feed it passively. However, if your tribe or you hit it, it will swim away, and the taming process must be restarted. After domestication, Aequor is a force to be reckoned with. Its high swim speed combined with its devastatingly sharp teeth make for a formidable foe. Capable of outswimming the fastest of megalodon, Aequor is a travel mount for those who are past the lowly Ichthyosaurs. Those sharp teeth cause a nasty gnash effect, and curve viciously, making it capable of hooking onto your mount and slowly draining it of life. Along with that, it's mouth stretches open to a terrifying extent, making it capable of swallowing creatures whole. One drawback of this creature is that the favorable mutations that are highly sought after in other creatures are exceptionally rare, almost impossible to get on these creatures. From what I gather, it's because these creatures are so secluded from other influences. They live only in the deepest oceans, so not many other creatures get to them. Weather events don't make a difference either.

Abilities:

Basically, this thing is an absolute beast. At level 1, it does 100 damage, which is a really big amount. It does a bleed comparable to the deinonychus. Along with this, it's fast and highly agile, making it a versatile travel mount as well. As for the swallowing ability, it's a lot like the Xiphactinus from ARK Additions. That swallow attack makes it lunges toward the target, and when it hits the target, it either swallows it whole, or latches onto it, slowly draining it's health. However, to make it more balanced, the taming process is long and difficult, and requires exact timing to avoid losing your items. if swallowed whole by a wild Aequor, you will lose all of your items (tamed Aequor do not have this ability-Pvp would be destroyed). Also, it does not have a lot of health, having maybe 350 health as a base. And, it will be very difficult to mutate these creatures. Mutations are very rare, apparently because it lives so deep down. Also, about the plesi boost. If a Plesiosaur is nearby (whether tamed or wild) the Aequor will get a buff-50% extra damage, and 50% resistance. Also, to make it not so overpowered, wild Aequor will not do bleed. When tamed, they will get something called bleed affinity with each kill. When this affinity is levelled in the radial menu, the bleed damage is introduced. With one level, 1% of the target's health over 10 seconds, and so on and so forth until it eventually gets to 10% IN FIVE SECONDS. However, this will require you to kill lots and lots of creatures, so be prepared! Also, size. The eel will only be able to seat one person, and will be just a little longer than a megalodoodle. It will be able to swallow survivors whole, so watch out for those mouths! Also, there is a sort of stance change, where the eel will lure in creatures smaller than megalodon's. This is the taming stance, basically, and it's really mostly for aesthetics.

So, if there's anything I missed or anything you want me to add, comment down below. Upvote if you want the deep sea eel in the game! Happy ARKing!

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived