Why do you like ARK?

Griffin998

One of my favorite part of ARK is the depth of involvement, essentially. You can get so involved in taming, breeding, raising up creatures, where in many other games, it's just not the same. You can go so much deeper in ARK than you can in say, Minecraft (I once played Minecraft, so haters begone). Another thing I love is the music. The music is indescribably awesome. The crescendos, the sudden drop-off where another beat comes surging in to replace the gap, those huge, proud moments where the trumpets and tubas are just blaring those brassy notes...awesome, in the most biblical sense of the world. Another thing is the dinosaurs...I mean, really. Who didn't want to ride on a T-rex when they were kids? (if you are that person, I suggest calling the depression hotline nearest you XD)(just kidding-everyone is perfect the way they are.).  Happy ARKing!

Oddly, I came across Ark doing research on prehistoric creatures.   But the more I found out about Ark, the more I liked it.  Aside from the dinosaurs (and who doesn't love dinosaurs?), what I like about this game is that there are so many ways to play it.  It doesn't get boring because each playthrough is different.  I am currently stuck on the Island (Switch version), and I still feel this way.  I just wish I had cryopods...

@ObstinateSparrow, You are so right. There are so many different ways to play it, so many things to do. Like I said in another one of my posts, one of the things that makes ARK so special is that feeling of discovery. Even when you've played for years, you're still discovering those new things, unearthing new secrets, taming new things. It's that depth of involvement that really reeled me in.  😍 ARK

I'll elaborate i work in construction its physically hard and stressful.  I love my job but its draining. I'm usually tired when I get home and after spending time with my family and have some alone time I found ark on game pass. I started playing and got hooked for the same reasons you described. Its a stress reliever that allows me to relax and take my mind off things. Which in writing this sounds funny because actually ark can be really frustrating lol. But I love the game unconditionally with all its flaws :)

Dinosaurs (I do mean Dinosaurs, not other critters), Wyverns/Dragons, Mechs, Age of empire style "tech age progression", open world/sandbox/exploration.

Dinosaur breeding and base buidling is a plus, love the freedom that comes with it. 

Co-op multiplayer appreciated but not required, I play it as a single player game mostly nowadays with loads of peace and freedom.

This is why I play it.

PS: Minecraft is fun, even better with dinosaur mods. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing quite like the smelt of freshly crafted C4 to stick to the side of some noobs base they are so proud of and standing back clicking that detonator and watching the tears flow in chat as the dust settles exposes those little brown bags of goodies for a job well done..... or the XP you gain by tearing apart their tamed / passive dino's which have been lovingly raised since birth.......

Jokes aside, im not a big PVPer but i live on a PVP server and that extra sense of danger when out farming mats or that sense of pending dreed when logging on "is my base gone or do i live another day" adds another level to the game

In the beginning it was because I enjoyed the survival aspect and/or fighting people on the back of dinosaurs. Now a few years later it's because I've developed a somewhat mild case of Stockholm syndrome. That and the sunk cost. I rent a server so I'm not entirely ready to stop playing a game I've spent hundreds of dollars on.

Archived