New Console Patch 03/16/2022

BERSEKAEL

7 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Most people use Twitter for information and not this site. Twitter is the best source for the timeliest information.

You can't win for losing really.

I am normally easygoing, but I take offense at this.  Not you personally, Joe.  I mean at Twitter.  Some people just don't like Twitter and would just as soon avoid it.  (I am one of those people.)  A post warning people on this message board to expect an update would take five extra minutes.  Granted this is a quiet message board, but some people do use it.  As I said, not everyone has Twitter or even want it.

I would like to restate that this is not a personal attack.  I just don't think everyone should be forced to use twitter.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, ObstinateSparrow said:

I just don't think everyone should be forced to use twitter.

I agree with you. Nobody should be forced to use Twitter. I don’t myself really. Everyone has a choice where and how they consume information these days. 

The same could be said for forcing people to come to this site for that matter. Fact is most people are using Twitter to get their information, therefore there has been a shift to that platform to deliver it.

As a percentage of the player base, very few people playing this game come to this site. 

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, MMaas said:

It is global but we do have NA, OC, EU and AS servers.
Or if you want to keep it simple, the peak hours show quite well on:
https://steamcharts.com/app/346110#1m

That does show peak times, just for the Steam players. However, these days, the console player base is larger. There isn’t a quick and easy website to show those statistics though. Simply said, no matter when you make changes, many players are going to be inconvenienced. 

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That does show peak times, just for the Steam players. However, these days, the console player base is larger. There isn’t a quick and easy website to show those statistics though. Simply said, no matter when you make changes, many players are going to be inconvenienced. 

In that case I refere to the first part of my reaction: Servers have a region, adjust update times to the region.

11 hours ago, MMaas said:

It is global but we do have NA, OC, EU and AS servers.
Or if you want to keep it simple, the peak hours show quite well on:
https://steamcharts.com/app/346110#1m

Peak times still ain't really a thing even then. Time zones play a role. The US immediately comes to mind. I'm on the east coast and my game updated at about 1 pm, if two of the American friends I frequently play ark with did theirs at the same moment I did then that means that my friend living in the Midwest had his game updating at 12pm while my friend in the west coast did it at 10am. If I jump on at 10pm, they're on at 9pm and 7pm respectively.

19 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Peak times still ain't really a thing even then. Time zones play a role. The US immediately comes to mind. I'm on the east coast and my game updated at about 1 pm, if two of the American friends I frequently play ark with did theirs at the same moment I did then that means that my friend living in the Midwest had his game updating at 12pm while my friend in the west coast did it at 10am. If I jump on at 10pm, they're on at 9pm and 7pm respectively.

At least if you pick YOUR 5am on a weekday, most of your normal friends would not be playing. You can never rule all issues out but you have to admit that it will improve the situation for MOST people if server maintenance is done very early morning LOCAL server time.
If you however choose to play on a server way outside your own timezone you have to keep in mind that is your own choice and not something the rest of the world should be adjusted for.
Having updates done outside regular office hours is a very common practice to avoid issues for the mayority of users.

21 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

They may not be able to do that. Sony and Microsoft control how things are released.

Those are big boys that know how things work in IT. As I said in another comment, doing mayor maintenance that is causing downtime they pretty well know it should be done in the middle of the night when the servers are least used.
These companies are very good to implement regional times when it comes to big releases in their own store.

If no one adresses the issue things will never improve. Try to find a solution instead of excuses.

Archived