Mining drill thoughts

Blackmagic9000

Hello you at at walker srub lords

Today i will ask just a simply question, why does the drill feel like it sucks?

Like i feel i get more metal with a pick, more hide with a hatchet with the drill i notice doing okish with plants? 

It sucks up alot of gas faster then a bob replacing his hut i just crush with my gigas foot last Tuesday

Jokes aside what are yalls thoughts? How would you buff it?

Right there with you man, its junk in my opinion. I supose early game is ok, but considering it just locks me in place with stone and garbage, its really bleh.....Maybe if while it was equiped, everything in your inventory was cut to a tenth of its original weight, that would really boost its potential? 🤷‍♂️

Imho the drill is very cool for early midgame. Fill your inventory with a couple stacks of thatch, equip the drill and mount your Magma, then use Focal Chilli to speed up crafting. Now farm rocks and trees. During farming move the stone, wood and thatch from Magmas inventory into your inventory and craft your stone base on the go in no time.
Only thing i wish is weight reduction for ingots as well, that would make sense and help moving stuff around..

Some stryders have that attachment that connects to the mining drill, so if you have that stryders, you don't really have to worry about getting stuck in place-just mine away and watch the blue orbs drift toward your stryders. I haven't really used the mining drill, so I don't know about resource collection, but it does look pretty darn cool. Plus, you might get less, but I think it does gather resources faster, so...If you look at it like that, it could be pretty useful. Unless you have something like an anky or doed, you could probably use the mining drill to clear out areas (Not as efficient as using a creature, but still works)

Its not that bad, I find it useful for fast metal runs on Aberration, grab Ravager with decent weight (1500 is normally what i use) but the one i had on me at the time was only 1050 striped out 3/4 of the North East Surface cave in about 10mins (takes longer with a anky or hand mining) had to dump the stone but still pulled out 3k raw metal... not bad for a 2 man tribe with 10mins to spare

Archived