Community Crunch 307: Community Corner and More!

StudioWildcard

Greetings Survivors!

Lost Island transfers are opening next week on Friday!  Once enabled, players will be able to download items and creatures onto the map without restriction.  On Wednesday we're also releasing a patch for console that includes over 70 fixes across all maps. Map/level changes tend to be quite big and we're expecting this patch to be a significant download so consider this a heads up in advance!

If you're a modder for ARK, our Sponsored Mods program is still accepting applicants.  Check out the latest entries in the sponsored mod program here:

We are anxious to share more on the upcoming Fjordur release, but in the meantime, we're leaving you with a look at some great community content!

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There will be no EVO event this week.

communitycorner.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot GalleryArtist Feedback Form

communitystories_.png

Rickzz#3486 (Part 1)

One day, to be more exact at five fifty-five in the morning, the sun was already rising and I decided to venture into some region of the map that I didn't know, I prepared my equipment and headed north, through the forest that I tamed my mesopithecus, going straight I arrive at the swamp and I remember my epic battle against the Emperor Crocodile (Sarco) and many Titanoboas (Big Snakes) but I didn't know what existed after the swamp, so that's what I decided to find out . Continuing to the north I find a biome of big trees and its trunk is reddish brown, I researched it and found out that the name was Redwood forests, it's a dangerous forest so much so that right at the beginning of it I was attacked by a Terror Bird that scared me a little. Getting closer to the trees a Marsupial Lion (Thylacoleo) jumped on me and attacked me fiercely and I was afraid of this biome because it was just the beginning or also the entrance to the forest, but as I am an explorer I entered the forest and went collect resources to make a fire because my food was running out and I had some raw meats in my inventory I was surprised by a huge Carnotaurus that soon started to attack me, but I managed to survive because my dinosaurs took care of him, I set up my fire and I began to roast the meats to satisfy my hunger. I started to get dehydrated and then I looked for the nearest river to drink some water and I ended up finding an Alpha Raptor and for some events I know it's good to stay away from him when you're alone and without any dinosaur to help you, I hydrate myself and returned to my fire. Arriving there I look to the south and I see a Diplodocus, I was impressed by its size and decided to tame it because I just put berries in the last slot and also because I would use it to carry some resources. After taming it I decided that I had already discovered great things and I started to walk south where my house is, but it was already getting dark and the sun was going down. 

clipsvideos.png

Creator: Aaron Longstaff

Do you need some inspiration for your next build?  Check out this creative Japanese-influenced build by Aaron Longstaff!

Creator: Lucky Shot

Are you new to ARK?  With ARK now a part of the Playstation Plus subscription, these tips may come in handy for those new survivors!

fanart_2.png

War of Humans and Dinosaurs by Saprom

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_WarOfHumansAnd

Sino Drawing by YeetinYuty189#5689

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Sino_1920x1080

Ferox by @falco_luna

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_LunaFerox_1920

Painting made by a friend of mine by RyanOT02🦕#9246

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_FriendPainting

Glorp by naeriie#2439

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Glorp_1920x108

Wyverns From ARK Survival Evolved by Daeodude

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_MoreWyverns_19

screen.png

Fletch#9534 (Created by Cpt Spanky)

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_CptSpanky_1920

@Riinartist

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_RiinartisBandi

See you next week!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

If you're going to keep us from taking our hard-earned boss trophies home, this update better not delete already-transferred boss trophies. I worked hard for mine and do not want to lose them just because I have Rockwell and Master Controller trophies on Rag instead of Aberration or Genesis 1

Edited by Cyberra
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, KillerSloth said:

Please just get rid of loadout mannequins, they are too buggy and exploitable :(

Honestly I can't quite understand the appeal of a loadout mannequin to behind with. Seasoned players generally understand that weight is important to level so it's not as if it's hard to carry around the stuff needed for the day to day or the odd impromptu scrap with a player or dino. If the point is having stuff for raiding at the ready then it's not hard to have a dedicated vault for raiding gear or just using a purlovia to store your "ruin someone's day" loadout.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

i appreciate these posts, every week i see people complaining for no reason. i cant think of another game that has a weekly post by their devs.

ive noticed you've taken some suggestions and mention the amount of fixes and thats dope. what people dont realize is if they listed the fix than people could work around the updates to access mesh spots.

thanks for doing this weekly

w

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 4

2 hours ago, FOX8619 said:

knowing this company bet gonna be delay :D

I hope it is!  Frankly I don’t give a dodo’s egg shooter about Ark 2, and if others had their priorities straight neither would they.  Hey it’s nice to see what those 70 fixes are (sarcasm), if it’s exploits great and don’t go into great detail.  We all know that and for obvious reasons, but it’s all nothing but exploits and mesh fixes then that says A LOT about the devs and should bring to the fore front a complaint that has gone on for years about TESTING YOUR GAME WC!  It can be done, where there’s a will there’s a way.  Can we finally get some fixes to the servers for stability??? I have lost a lot of interest as well as other players just because of the server instability.  People don’t even run that many missions on Gen 2 anymore or actually really enjoy the map because of the raptoring rollbacks.  

3 hours ago, IMMTragic said:

i appreciate these posts, every week i see people complaining for no reason. i cant think of another game that has a weekly post by their devs.

ive noticed you've taken some suggestions and mention the amount of fixes and thats dope. what people dont realize is if they listed the fix than people could work around the updates to access mesh spots.

thanks for doing this weekly

w

If you were around in the earlier days of the crunch there was some actual information in them, go back and look and then compare the crunches over the last 6-10 months, you WILL notice the difference.  Now they just seem like something slapped together and posted right before they clock out for the weekend just for the sake doing it.  The heads up about the 70 fixes update looks as if it was literally copy and pasted from the heads up they gave to pc players.  We also DO realize that if they list details of the fixes of the exploits that people use to cheat they’ll find a way around ‘em, they do anyway.  

In regards to the transferring of boss trophies, I wish we could!!  I’ve tried transferring them and it doesn’t work for me, he’ll the dermis’s don’t even transfer right which sucks.  There is a way they could make it so boss trophies could be transferable.  They could even make it so the trophies that are transferred aren’t able to be used in say the tek cave if they wanted to, but honestly in the grand scheme of bugs that’s the least of my worries.  Who cares if somebody beat the rag dragon and used that head to open the island tek cave, not me!  There is so much that could be great additions to Ark 1 that are just gonna be wasted because, first- the engine it runs on is severely outdated and second- unfortunately WC has boarded the Ark 2 train and left any hope of Ark 1 truly becoming a viable game for years to come on the station platform.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Honestly I can't quite understand the appeal of a loadout mannequin to behind with. Seasoned players generally understand that weight is important to level so it's not as if it's hard to carry around the stuff needed for the day to day or the odd impromptu scrap with a player or dino. If the point is having stuff for raiding at the ready then it's not hard to have a dedicated vault for raiding gear or just using a purlovia to store your "ruin someone's day" loadout.

I agree cosmic, I had one in my base for like a month and NEVER used it, so it got replaced with a vault lol.  I see the usefulness for PVP and maybe a 10+ member tribe on PvE but for a solo or small tribe, it’s kinda pointless.  The weight on my character is over 800 and I do exactly as you said, if I plan on taming I grab my taming stuff from the vault or smithy it’s in.  If I’m farming resources then I grab that stuff and etc etc.  I will give credit where it’s due it was a pretty cool idea, just not overly practical in certain situations.  I don’t build them because I don’t use them.  I don’t think they should be removed because I’m sure there are tons of people out there that use them all the time, if they are buggy they need to be fixed.  

• Thanks 1

Wow, who had the bright idea of offering the base game for free this month on PS Plus.... then not running evos to gently lure in and hook those new players so they become addicted faster and spend money on DLC's, and not only that, ensuring halfway through any progress they've made is likely to be lost with a several days worth of huge update! Great business model

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

As i Always started to said before this last year of events and like 3 or more years before... Devs doesnt care much longer about Ark 1... it got actually dumped for long time ago... since ARK 2 production was on the sight. People just dont wanted to see it, and now they are seeing the consequences on the corner. Now let me say another thing again, START PLAYING SINGLEPLAYER, u will be more patient and do ur poop without feeling anything like server saves, randomn log outs and people that crashes teh servers for their convenience. Enjoy the game in its purely way (Singleplayer) sooner or later Server will be clossed and everyone will panic, but not me.

Fixes, bugs, crashes, glitchs, meshes, logging locks and so on... How many times do i must to say the WildCard only move by money like every dam entertainment company, but at least the Great and Old ones have more better response about anything that the customers are complaining than WildCard, they are small company, i know, but they lack on resonsabilities and thats say too much about the company itself.

Good luck guys... My advice is always in the botton of the jar, but i dont really care anymore about anything else, just come here to be have my points eraser (as if they gives me money irl).-

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, MibsXX said:

with a several days worth of huge update!

I may just be misunderstanding this but you might want to either invest in a LAN setup or check your hdd if any game you have takes several days to update, my dude. LAN in particular is quite nice, better game stability and even the really hefty updates for games will take maybe an hour at most if you aren't slowing the process by using other applications.

• Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

I hope it is!  Frankly I don’t give a dodo’s egg shooter about Ark 2, and if others had their priorities straight neither would they.  Hey it’s nice to see what those 70 fixes are (sarcasm), if it’s exploits great and don’t go into great detail.  We all know that and for obvious reasons, but it’s all nothing but exploits and mesh fixes then that says A LOT about the devs and should bring to the fore front a complaint that has gone on for years about TESTING YOUR GAME WC!  It can be done, where there’s a will there’s a way.  Can we finally get some fixes to the servers for stability??? I have lost a lot of interest as well as other players just because of the server instability.  People don’t even run that many missions on Gen 2 anymore or actually really enjoy the map because of the raptoring rollbacks.  

i lost interest right the moment they announce ark2 months before gen2 release :D cause by announce ark 2 that was like putting a clock on ark 1 days to remain online which made me fell like everything after that announce being pointless to push more foward and care for the game and my stuff cause at any giving moments they will shutdown the servers so i beat gen2 before the servers open cause i knew it would break the servers even more (i said before gen2 come on it would be full of problems and servers crash guess i was right again) and give all my stuff to a newbie and left the game, waiting and hoping ark 2 will be build from scratch and not having all the poop show this first one had but as im writing this i remember that snailgames owns wildcard and they are chinese company which they have very little care about the consumes and more focus in making money, look at all games own by snailgames and you will understand

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BlackScarlatta said:

As i Always started to said before this last year of events and like 3 or more years before... Devs doesnt care much longer about Ark 1... it got actually dumped for long time ago... since ARK 2 production was on the sight. People just dont wanted to see it, and now they are seeing the consequences on the corner. Now let me say another thing again, START PLAYING SINGLEPLAYER, u will be more patient and do ur poop without feeling anything like server saves, randomn log outs and people that crashes teh servers for their convenience. Enjoy the game in its purely way (Singleplayer) sooner or later Server will be clossed and everyone will panic, but not me.

I agree, the devs don’t care.  They certainly used to back in the day.  The problem is with single player, I (like most of us official players) get really bored in about 2.987294 seconds trying to play legit on single player.  I use single player for coming up with new builds for official, working out an certain mechanic or exploring a new map.  To me it’s the challenge of official that is alluring.   Maybe if they added some sort of campaign structure to singleplayer that would be one thing, but Ark was developed as an online multiplayer PvP style game.  Now over the years it has shifted to the PvE side of the game just due to the bs that has plagued PvP for so long, both on the part of Wildcard’s lack of foresight and cheaters that have all but destroyed the experience of PvP.

9 hours ago, FOX8619 said:

i lost interest right the moment they announce ark2 months before gen2 release :D cause by announce ark 2 that was like putting a clock on ark 1 days to remain online which made me fell like everything after that announce being pointless to push more foward and care for the game and my stuff cause at any giving moments they will shutdown the servers so i beat gen2 before the servers open cause i knew it would break the servers even more (i said before gen2 come on it would be full of problems and servers crash guess i was right again) and give all my stuff to a newbie and left the game, waiting and hoping ark 2 will be build from scratch and not having all the poop show this first one had but as im writing this i remember that snailgames owns wildcard and they are chinese company which they have very little care about the consumes and more focus in making money, look at all games own by snailgames and you will understand

We all know that Ark 1 was going to end some day, as is life all good things must come to an end, and bigger and hopefully better things were in the works.  They won’t just shut servers down without warning, I don’t give WC too much credit for a lot of things but I will give them that.  It’s not gonna be ya log in one morning and the server is gone for good, they may only give us a week warning but there will be a warning before any servers go down for good.  

In regards to servers breaking after transfers open, yeah they always have because of the sudden literal flood of bases, players and tames that get moved to a server, hence the biggest reason they added cryopods.  Ya ever move servers before cryopods?  You could, quite literally, feel the server start to bog down more and more with every single “so&so has joined this Ark” banner across the top of the screen, and after a while (about 2 weeks to a month) they smoothed out and we’re ok for the most part, but gen 2 was different.  I don’t know what happened between Crystal Isles and Gen 2, but when gen 2 broke it NEVER smoothed out and it broke in (I believe) October with the Halloween event.  We got hit with bad rollbacks, almost 5 minute lag spikes, game crashes, disconnects you name it.  Before the Halloween event though Gen2 was probably the smoothest release of a DLC map since The Center was released.

As far as who owns WC, I wouldn’t be surprised.  It’s just like every other product shipped to Walmart from China, cheap materials made by child labor and shipped back to the states.  Sounds pretty plausible to me.  My final point being, there are some deeper issues with Ark and more over WC that need to be remedied before they put out anymore games.

• Thanks 2

Personally believe the the Current lead team of devs are horrendous be it the lack of evo events and the current state of ark 1, I am quite certain that nobody in WC plays official console servers weather it be PvP or PvE and it shows you multitudes of servers plagued by duper’s pvp is almost impossible to play with out running into cheaters with aim bots and etc. 

What it shows me and should be a huge concern to everyone else is that they do not care about ark 1 nor will they care about ark 2 period. Don’t buy it with the current staff building this game it will be a huge mess just look at their track record 

12 hours ago, Joedeadpool said:

Personally believe the the Current lead team of devs are horrendous be it the lack of evo events and the current state of ark 1, I am quite certain that nobody in WC plays official console servers weather it be PvP or PvE and it shows you multitudes of servers plagued by duper’s pvp is almost impossible to play with out running into cheaters with aim bots and etc. 

What it shows me and should be a huge concern to everyone else is that they do not care about ark 1 nor will they care about ark 2 period. Don’t buy it with the current staff building this game it will be a huge mess just look at their track record 

Have some more respect for what the developers do. You can't expect the developers to be able to stay on top of cheaters and hackers. They release a patch and those cheaters and hackers are immediately working on their own work arounds. Cheaters and hackers are constantly evolving and adapting to new updates and developments. And honestly, I would never want to see Wildcard go to the same level of extreme as Rockstar does and threaten lawsuits for tampering with their games.

Games have glitches and the devs do their absolute best to fix them to the best of their abilities, but while they may fix one problem, that fix may cause another problem. We see that with mods not being compatible with each other. And yes, they are shifting their focus from Ark 1 to Ark 2 right now, devoting more and more of their teams to Ark 2.

I knew Ark 1 had a lot of crashing problems. I came to the PC version after playing the even more problematic Mobile version and I only picked that up after watching TagBackTV play the PC version. Ark 1 has its many, numerous problems. I couldn't even play any of the missions on Genesis 2 today because of the constant crashing. I've had many saved files I've had to delete because something about the file was corrupted and I couldn't play it anymore. Do I regret buying the game? Absolutely not, I enjoy playing it over and over and over again when I can. I'm still discovering new things in the game. It's a shame the game was void of NPCs to interact with, especially on Genesis Part 2. There was so much they could have added to make it so much more immersive than just a survival game. But I guess that's what I get being too shy to play on the servers and sticking only to the single player. No game out there is going to be 100% perfect. There is always going to be some bug, some glitch, some exploit that players will discover. 

9 hours ago, CadieStarfire said:

Have some more respect for what the developers do. You can't expect the developers to be able to stay on top of cheaters and hackers. They release a patch and those cheaters and hackers are immediately working on their own work arounds. Cheaters and hackers are constantly evolving and adapting to new updates and developments. And honestly, I would never want to see Wildcard go to the same level of extreme as Rockstar does and threaten lawsuits for tampering with their games.

Games have glitches and the devs do their absolute best to fix them to the best of their abilities, but while they may fix one problem, that fix may cause another problem. We see that with mods not being compatible with each other. And yes, they are shifting their focus from Ark 1 to Ark 2 right now, devoting more and more of their teams to Ark 2.

I knew Ark 1 had a lot of crashing problems. I came to the PC version after playing the even more problematic Mobile version and I only picked that up after watching TagBackTV play the PC version. Ark 1 has its many, numerous problems. I couldn't even play any of the missions on Genesis 2 today because of the constant crashing. I've had many saved files I've had to delete because something about the file was corrupted and I couldn't play it anymore. Do I regret buying the game? Absolutely not, I enjoy playing it over and over and over again when I can. I'm still discovering new things in the game. It's a shame the game was void of NPCs to interact with, especially on Genesis Part 2. There was so much they could have added to make it so much more immersive than just a survival game. But I guess that's what I get being too shy to play on the servers and sticking only to the single player. No game out there is going to be 100% perfect. There is always going to be some bug, some glitch, some exploit that players will discover. 

100% perfect? What a straw man. How about you no longer get stuck in TP pads? How long have they been out? How about no black screen and crash to dash? How about throwing mana out of pod and it takes off across the map? How long has that been a thing? How about I load in without ghosting because I was in a sleeping pod? You think Ark2 is going to be better because of a better server? You can’t fix mismanagement of resources and silly cop outs for things that CAN be fixed but you just get excuses. How about lost characters and terrible customer service? Dinos replaced? Not. Lvl 201. Pfff. Good luck with Ark 2. I won’t be there. 

Edited by Heeps
Typo

On 3/12/2022 at 1:08 AM, IMMTragic said:

you can appreciate the community crunch and still criticize it. these days CCs are nothing that you could not get from a twitter post or two. i appreciate what it originally tried to do but it seems a little pointless to me now and ive long stopped looking forward to the weekly crunches. it IS great that they updated us weekly, i totally agree, but now they dont really have anything to update us on, since they're moving onto ark 2. it should be bi-weekly or even monthly crunches going forward. that way 80% of the post isnt just images and videos from the fanbase to pack the blank space and promises of future content 'soon'.

Edited by Addock
clarification