Game/Query Port not changing when manually entered into GameUserSettings.ini

I'm running a dedicated server on the Windows 10 Store version of Ark. Up until now I've been running fine just using the default ports, but I need to change them to avoid some other conflicts on my network. I've added the following lines to the GameUserSettings.ini file in accordance with what I'm seeing in the official dedicated server setup documentation.

[SessionSettings]
Port=33333
QueryPort=33334

[ServerSettings]
RCONPort=33335

After changing those settings, I open up the Resource Monitor and check the Listening Ports for ShooterGame.exe and the RCON port shows as changed but the Game Port is still showing as 7777.

r/playarkservers - Game/Query Port not changing when manually entered into GameUserSettings.ini

As far as I know the Windows Store version of the game does not allow for launching the game via CLI, so specifying these port changes in the launch command isn't doable and I need to launch the game as I have been doing through the GUI.

I would love some input as to what could be going on here. Am I putting the Port and Query fields in the wrong place? Is this a limitation with the Win10 version of the game? A bug?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, THETRILOBSTER said:

I would love some input as to what could be going on here. Am I putting the Port and Query fields in the wrong place? Is this a limitation with the Win10 version of the game? A bug?

To define the game port through the configuration files, you would need to do so into your Engine.ini file:

[URL]
port=7777

That is, unless the Xbox version uses hard-coded value/automatic resolution. As for the query port, I don't think clients are querying information directly from the servers when it comes to consoles. As far as I know, clients get the server list directly from arkdedicated.com on those versions. Though, I could be wrong on that.

Just for reference, if anyone comes across this thread and wonder where to set it for Steam:

[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
GameServerQueryPort=27015

On 3/8/2022 at 6:41 PM, invincibleqc said:

To define the game port through the configuration files, you would need to do so into your Engine.ini file:

[URL]
port=7777

This allowed me to change the game port on the Windows Store version of the game. It didn't allow me to resolve my greater issue, because it appears Xbox users are hardcoded to port 7777 as you suggested, but it will allow me to potentially resolve some other issues I've been having around playing on the same network as the server. Appreciate the help.

Archived