Transferring from ARK 1 to ARK 2

slejo

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I would like to bring my event color dinos on the new game otherwise it's like the other guy said it's not ark 2 it's a different game completely riding on arks coattail. I spent so much time and effort in this game it would suck and make me hate ark 2 right away if I lose all that I worked for when ark servers shut down. Borderlands and a few other games pulled it off why not ark as well.  Take an idea from Pokemon do u think the color Gameboy to ds is harder to transfer between them, vs something with only one number off. I would rather not quit but if I'm gonna lose it all anyway what is the point of collecting the event colors and dinos when they will be gone in less then a year? Wild card would destroy it's old fan base for a gamble at a new one.

• Volunteer Moderator
12 hours ago, Teribug101 said:

I would like to bring my event color dinos on the new game otherwise it's like the other guy said it's not ark 2 it's a different game completely riding on arks coattail. I spent so much time and effort in this game it would suck and make me hate ark 2 right away if I lose all that I worked for when ark servers shut down. Borderlands and a few other games pulled it off why not ark as well.  Take an idea from Pokemon do u think the color Gameboy to ds is harder to transfer between them, vs something with only one number off. I would rather not quit but if I'm gonna lose it all anyway what is the point of collecting the event colors and dinos when they will be gone in less then a year? Wild card would destroy it's old fan base for a gamble at a new one.

You can already see from the trailer that the creatures are all looking different. There's no way anything like creatures will be transferred from ARK 1 to ARK 2.

• Volunteer Moderator
50 minutes ago, Teribug101 said:

Then it's not a sequel it's a different game and should be treated like a different game not ark. It looks more like horizon then ark 1 from the info they released 

I'm sorry but I don't think you understand what a "sequel" actually means.

Why can't a sequel not be a different game? Why bother making a sequel that's exactly the same as ARK 1?

22 hours ago, MMaas said:

It IS a sequel, not DLC. And yes, a sequel is a different game.

A successful sequel is something that gives something to the old players and new. Not one that focused on the newest income. It's storyline is vaguely connected so it should have something there for the ones who played the first all the way through. 

3 hours ago, Teribug101 said:

A successful sequel is something that gives something to the old players and new.

Yes of course, in terms of gameplay and/or settings. Not in skins or progress.

Not one that focused on the newest income.

It is a commercial product and a new product.
As much as I have doubted the performance of this company many times, they are entitled to get paid for every new product they made if you want to use it. You are not getting free tires on a Ford Focus because your gramps once owned a T-Ford.

It's storyline is vaguely connected so it should have something there for the ones who played the first all the way through. 

And that is all they do and need to do to call it ARK 2.

It is a new game, not a remaster. Even if it was a remaster, how many games let you transfer your old items and skins to your new game/sequel?
If it was a next gen (or current gen by now) PATCH you would have a fair point. Unfortunaly that is not going to happen so we just move on or stay in the game that was including all the glithes as we are used to.

• 1 month later...

When ark 2 comes out, I feel like you should be able to transfer characters from ark 1 to ark 2. Levels will still reset, but you should be able to get certain cosmetics for certain achievements. Such as but not limited to explorer nodes, maybe with each index completed you get a cosmetic representing said main storyline character. Boss fights, keep your survivor implant cosmetic, or a similar cosmetic if we still have survivor implants. Ark 1 made it a Likely possibility because at the end of genesis part 2 how all survivors are launched down to the planet, they are apparently copies of all the characters on the ark. I've done played official pvp and I'm currently playing official PVE, as original ark players we have spent a lot of time on the arks, bonus cosmetics would be greatly appreciated especially for everyone who doesn't have the money to pre-order the games but has spent alot of time in game. Maybe even allow us to keep our hair styles if that isn't asking for to much 

• Volunteer Moderator
10 hours ago, FrostTheKing said:

When ark 2 comes out, I feel like you should be able to transfer characters from ark 1 to ark 2. Levels will still reset, but you should be able to get certain cosmetics for certain achievements. Such as but not limited to explorer nodes, maybe with each index completed you get a cosmetic representing said main storyline character. Boss fights, keep your survivor implant cosmetic, or a similar cosmetic if we still have survivor implants. Ark 1 made it a Likely possibility because at the end of genesis part 2 how all survivors are launched down to the planet, they are apparently copies of all the characters on the ark. I've done played official pvp and I'm currently playing official PVE, as original ark players we have spent a lot of time on the arks, bonus cosmetics would be greatly appreciated especially for everyone who doesn't have the money to pre-order the games but has spent alot of time in game. Maybe even allow us to keep our hair styles if that isn't asking for to much 

ARK 2 is likely to have significantly improved character customization.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to see ugly ARK characters in ARK 2?

• 2 weeks later...

Even if Ark2 was a carbon copy of Ark1 just on a new engine I still think nothing at all should transfer from Ark1 - a fresh start, let the old servers die off, there's no way WC can keep running all those official servers forever anyway.

There's already plenty of servers with extremely low player counts, graveyards of massive bases being timer reset week after week for years ... I'm really surprised WC isn't doing a rolling shut down of these servers and doing something similar to the legacy system where players get good notice to move and are then able to download a copy of their map after shut off. If they prune the servers down there's far more chance of some core lively Ark1 servers surviving another decade... or 2.

• 4 weeks later...

I know it's not realistic but this is what I want.  I worked to get my dinos and I don't want to loose them.  I collected everything myself.  I did it all myself.  There was no help from anyone.  Not tribemates.  Not strangers.  I bought nothing from anyone.  Those are all mine.  Their low stats reflect this.  I've never cheated or purchased or traded.  But I'll never get rewarded for my honesty.  Just pat myself on the back and wish I could keep my work forever.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

There is. It has 'Ark' in the title. I don't think Ark 2 is going to be much like Ark at all really other than there are dinos in it.

Check out the new TSOTF for reasons why.

Im now playing TSOTF (by the way this name has very bad marketing potential).. and it became classic battle royale like Fortnite or PUBG. Very weak, in my opinion - looks like draft, .. pre, pre, pre alpha version.

You mean Ark 2 will not have old good ark modes? Owning dinos, bases, PvE, PvP modes?

• 1 month later...

Archived