Transferring from ARK 1 to ARK 2

slejo

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/13/2022 at 12:37 PM, slejo said:

i bet these things will be "transferred" even when the game starts from fresh start and characters or dinos are not transferred

I kind of liked how the trailer showed the character powering down his "old friend" .  What if players who have achievements from ARK 1 allow some sort of in game event to be started because their DNA was able to turn on ancient tek leftover in the world.  Could be similar to normal boss fights where only 1 person has to have the achievement to launch the event..  This would be bad if it was like the gen2 boss fight where everyone has to have the requirements.

have been playing for almost 4 years, and all the time all the work to loose it all would be a investment wasted. All I'm asking for is a way to keep it all. I will try ark 2 I'm hopping for a lot less lag and dc but still would like to play on my old servers maybe with out having to worrie about decay.

• Volunteer Moderator
48 minutes ago, GAMBITSareWild said:

Are they shutting official servers down on ark 1 as soon as ark 2 launches? Characters and data gets lost on ark 1 itself,  let alone transferring to a new game. It would be cool if it happened...but can u imagine all the new problems it could potentially create right off the bat

Nobody knows.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Gothicwidow72 said:

have been playing for almost 4 years, and all the time all the work to loose it all would be a investment wasted. All I'm asking for is a way to keep it all. I will try ark 2 I'm hopping for a lot less lag and dc but still would like to play on my old servers maybe with out having to worrie about decay.

https://thedecisionlab.com/biases/the-sunk-cost-fallacy

The idea that players would be able to haul their giant bases and mega characters from ARK 1 to ARK 2 is silly in so many ways. For one it would be hugely unfair to new players and would result in new players being obliterated before they could even experience the game which in turn would result in less people playing the game and eventually a dead game.

Secondly I'm sure I am not the only one here who enjoys starting fresh. There is something unique and rewarding about having to start fresh and especially if its a brand new game. There is something extremely satisfying about making your first spear and then poking to death the guy that has armor and metal tools who is cutting a tree. It's that sense of progress that you have now obtained.

5 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The idea (...) is silly in so many ways

Idea is silly? Who is silly calling brainstorm silly? Do you call searching for answers or coming up with creative solutions silly?

5 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Secondly I'm sure I am not the only one here who enjoys starting fresh.

Why do you think i don't like fresh start? I love it and cant imagine to start Ark 2 using character from Ark 1.
But when you are creative (as i call Ark devs) you can imagine transferring old characters and dinos not being main characters at all. They can be used different way.

When you want to create an innovative game, you have to look for unconventional solutions.
I think you dont look after modern ARK 2 - you look after another DLC with polished graphics.

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2022 at 3:30 AM, KingOfTheFort said:

Being able to enjoy the improvements and new players while not having to go back through hundreds, even thousands of hours of work and effort put into the regular game. Not having to worry about your server being closed and you losing all of your work due to it being deemed "too small" once everyone has moved on to the new game. 
I think I'm just worried about the regular game being forgotten, is all. I guess it's true that it being a new game you should have to start over, or else it would just be another DLC. 

You are making the mistake of assuming that ARK 2 characters will be compatible with ARK 1 characters. It seems highly unlikely given ARK 2 will be a more primitive game and so therefore the skills/engrams will not carry over. It's also likely that the individual characters stats like health/stamina/weight/movement speed will likely be overhauled and or changed as well.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, KingOfTheFort said:

Why does everyone think that ARK 2 is going to be more primitive? Where's the proof of that?

On 6/4/2021 at 10:13 PM, StudioWildcard said:

(originally posted into Community Crunch 271: Genesis 2 Launch, Plushie Giveaways, and More!)

So, what’s next? Not TEK, that's for sure 😏.  As we look forward to a primarily primitive-themed ARK 2, we'll continue to provide meaningful updates and experiences to our ARK 1 survivors.

On 4/30/2022 at 5:54 PM, invincibleqc said:

Your quotation is right.
Your conclusion is wrong.

Yes, they said there will be no TEK based technologie. And that makes sense from the lore, looking at what kind of experience mankind made with Edmuntium.
But you have to look at other franchises. Examples:
SG-1: Naquada
Star Trek: Dilithium Crystals
UFO, Enemy Unknown: Elerium/Element 115, Zrbit/Element 116

There WILL be a modern Tier AND a futuristic Tier later on. Just not Edmuntium/TEK based.
That, or ARK 2 will fail hard.

On 3/5/2022 at 3:04 PM, slejo said:

I doubt it too, but some form of connecting worlds would be helpful to keep the playerbase stronger.

I think it would be worth thinking about something like this.

I'm looking at ARK 2 like it is a new and different game. Somewhat like ARK, but not a continuation of the ARK theme, but could be wrong. I'll keep play ARK even after ARK 2 is released. May or may not play ARK 2.

• Volunteer Moderator

Yes there's already tek there, like I'm sure that ringed thing is some sort of teleporter, like in Stargate.

People seem to be translating primarily-primitive to no Tek whatsoever.

I suspect there will be some form of usable tek at some point, but tek that is already on the map. Not tek you can craft and place yourself or anything like that.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

It's not like the sentence right before that literally states that Tek is not coming next.. in bold, no less. 🙄

But i'm talking crafted tek, stuff you learn, craft and use.

I'm talking about existing tek, like an Obelisk would be considered tek, used for the sole purpose of transferring maps. It's still tek, just not in the sense of tek tier. This is what i'm referring to.

Just because they said No Tek doesn't mean they mean everything, they may be referring to tek tier content.

• Volunteer Moderator
48 minutes ago, slejo said:

If there will be existing tek, why people couldn't lean how to develop it?

Why would you assume you'd be able to develop it yourself? There's clearly tek in the trailer, it's right there in the cave. If it gets turned off as in the trailer, surely it can get turned back on again. Doesn't mean people will learn how to make it themselves.

The fact one of the developers has stated there will be massive alien worlds suggests to me there's going to be some form of travel between worlds which in my eyes is tek. It's just not "tek tier" that you can make yourself.

Archived