Community Crunch 306: EVO Event, Hexagon Exchange Upgrades, and More!

StudioWildcard

My biggest concern is that when ark 2 comes that if it flops and people hate it then the company is going to have nothing to fall back on personally I think wildcard are stupid to remove events before they even release the new game and give it time to find the bugs and smooth the game out and just judging from ark1 and the amount of things wrong with it that they refuse to fix I have very little to no faith ark 2 will be any better 

Edited by RoadKill42O
Spelling mistake
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

***SIX YEAR CONSOLE PLAYER***     ALOT of everything is unacceptable...last year of evos? Fine. I get that, but to shut down servers we have spent thousands of hours of (swallowing ALL the bullpoop=YEARS of previous topics/posts involving lag/rollbacks/crashes/lost dinos/etc YET WE STILL SUPPORT WILDCARD!) This is  ALL  wrong.....My wife and I just got our brand new Series X's 3 days ago and we were flipping out during the VGA nearly two years ago when ARK 2 was announced...I have finally thrown in the towel when it comes to this company. They made something amazing that I love, but I will not let them have my valuable gaming time going forward if they close the servers I spent SO much time making a digital home on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So aside from the worries of losing everything due to servers being lost and no more events, seems like a huge gripe is the colourations from events. Hey WC, any way to make Dino candy effects permanent? If so, make them rare drops and that bypasses that issue. As long as they are permanent AND can pass the colours on through breeding, I think that would satisfy most users.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 3/6/2022 at 9:26 AM, Zite said:

I get that, but to shut down servers we have spent thousands of hours of (swallowing ALL the bullpoop=YEARS of previous topics/posts involving lag/rollbacks/crashes/lost dinos/etc YET WE STILL SUPPORT WILDCARD!) This is  ALL  wrong.....

I think you'll find that Wildcard have not said "anything" about whether they will shutdown servers or not.

7 hours ago, GP said:

I think you'll find that Wildcard have not said "anything" about whether they will shutdown servers or not.

I'd imagine that it will happen eventually. Such is the fate of all games where the company provides servers, sooner or later they gotta go for one reason or another. It's really more of a matter of when rather than if. Could be an hour before Ark 2; could be several years from now. Time will tell. Either way my advice to players as a whole is to not get too emotionally invested. At the end of the day while we've all likely sunken absolutely grotesque amounts of time into this game it important to remember that it's all just pixels in the end. 

Guys, i will totally recommends you all "PLAY SINGLEPLAYER" on events, get  some colourfull dinos at any level and the nbred them. This game has been dying a long time ago since wildCard do nothing well afyter every dam new map release. I was expecting at least that yo can Save all your stuff transfering to Singleplayer, so all your damn efforts will never been lost when server will be shutdown. I mean, what if you actually can transfer for one day or two all your stuff to Singleplayer so your precious time playing on any server will be saved at Singleplayer. I think its not so difficult to say, or at least say us which information we should dupplicate to put in the Singleplayer so we have everythig from Server to Singleplayer. So to this way noone will lost anything. But knowing wildcard movements and their interest in people that put efforts also time and love in SERVERS, they will go nothing.

Im playing singleplayer since this Community Crunch comes, making some bases in the maps that i would like to be to gather the dinos and their colours when events strikes, I will totally suggest to do the same. At least you will start everything from scratches and you will save some dinos and colours in the process... also in Singleplayer you can modify a lot of options to makes your stay easy and peacefull.

Abuet Primitive Plus that someone talked only one time, i had already stop playing that mode. So no hope to me to make it batter now that everything goes to hell.

Also im missing all the "GOOD VIBES" people deffending WildCard about this Community Crunch... where they go?? I miss them when they were always to spit in your face that we are toxic and doesnt be nice to everyone that actually loves the game and loves to "Lick" some WildCard "boots". They were so inocent... WHERE THEY GO?? I NEED TO KNOW... ( :D )

BTW im still oves this game, love how it goes. And got a lil depressed when i hera that theyhave been doing the same to ATLAS. Every server game die in some point... But, at least you have Simgleplayer. Im still sad that all that people that PAY a lot of MONEY to have their own server and PAY the FULL GAME to be in Official Servers now they must to eat the Singleplayer's ground.

CONGRATS WILDCARD!!!! YOU DID IT AGAIN :)

(Sarcasm)

• Facepalm 1

24 minutes ago, BlackScarlatta said:

Also im missing all the "GOOD VIBES" people deffending WildCard about this Community Crunch... where they go?? I miss them when they were always to spit in your face that we are toxic and doesnt be nice to everyone that actually loves the game and loves to "Lick" some WildCard "boots". They were so inocent... WHERE THEY GO?? I NEED TO KNOW... ( :D )

I dont think a lot of people were really giving off good vibes, more so pointing out people were fussing about things that were inconsequential compared to actual issues in the game. By and large people in the ccs can get pretty toxic while also making demands for event extensions and EVO as opposed to, say, fixing rubber-banding or texture issues. Doesn't really strike me as a good idea to spit in someone's face and then demand a free cookie in the same breath. As for playing solo, that really only works if you're not one for social interaction in game. Ark is one of those games that can feel pretty dead if you're for certain the only person that'll be on. Granted it differs from person to person, but that's just my two cents on the matter. Pretty sure that unofficals that people pay to have will still be a thing though seeing as that's a service provided by a third party as opposed to wildcard proper. 

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2022 at 9:26 AM, Zite said:

***SIX YEAR CONSOLE PLAYER***     ALOT of everything is unacceptable...last year of evos? Fine. I get that, but to shut down servers we have spent thousands of hours of (swallowing ALL the bullpoop=YEARS of previous topics/posts involving lag/rollbacks/crashes/lost dinos/etc YET WE STILL SUPPORT WILDCARD!) This is  ALL  wrong.....My wife and I just got our brand new Series X's 3 days ago and we were flipping out during the VGA nearly two years ago when ARK 2 was announced...I have finally thrown in the towel when it comes to this company. They made something amazing that I love, but I will not let them have my valuable gaming time going forward if they close the servers I spent SO much time making a digital home on. 

If you were a six year player you'd know when they officially launched in 2017 they made all the saves of official servers available. If you have the Xbox version you get a free copy of Windows ARK. You could host your own server on your computer and join from your Xbox with your wife and play locally together with all your creatures and buildings like nothing happened.

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2022 at 9:23 PM, CosmicSkeleton said:

I dont think a lot of people were really giving off good vibes, more so pointing out people were fussing about things that were inconsequential compared to actual issues in the game. By and large people in the ccs can get pretty toxic while also making demands for event extensions and EVO as opposed to, say, fixing rubber-banding or texture issues. Doesn't really strike me as a good idea to spit in someone's face and then demand a free cookie in the same breath. As for playing solo, that really only works if you're not one for social interaction in game. Ark is one of those games that can feel pretty dead if you're for certain the only person that'll be on. Granted it differs from person to person, but that's just my two cents on the matter. Pretty sure that unofficals that people pay to have will still be a thing though seeing as that's a service provided by a third party as opposed to wildcard proper. 

Hey it was a really jpoke, btut you got confussed about Good Vibes people that i was talking, in fact i was talking about Good Vibes people that always said that the game is flawless, doesnt pay attention at the constantly people telling all the iddues abouut as u said: rubber banding, weekend evo events, crashing servers, people doing think in the greys of CoC and WildCard doesnt do anything about it, and so on. Sadly, the GBP doesnt care about all this issues, and needing stuff. They only been here to say supperficial things that doesnt makes the games better. I dont know if you actuallly understand me. The players taht actually were playing for so long, known about all those issues that never been fixed and others news that constantly appears by a random mistake in the new fix. And so one for ever. I think that TOXIC peocple actually is the ones that constantly is blind to all this issues and still are against the people that "demands" some stuff that it will make the game a lil better. Also... u said that been alone is boring? Without normal crashes and server saves in singleplayer and no INTENTIONAL crashes, sinlgeplayer is MY best choice. And if u think that SOcial interactions is only in a game, you should focus in the real social interaction in the real life, mate :)

BTW, i see how people get fussed when someone says something about TOXIC people, i wonder way.... :D

Have a nice day/night, buds... and dont forget that Singleplayer is never boring.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

So an event... every few days.

9 hours ago, hbomb1972 said:

Here's an idea: Next year when events are a thing of the past, activate all the colors, and set the event boss dinos ( dodorex, dodo wyvern) to randomly show up on the maps every few days.

But set up as an ultra rare untameable spawn, similar settings (other than the taming part) to a unicorn.

• Volunteer Moderator
48 minutes ago, hbomb1972 said:

But set up as an ultra rare untameable spawn, similar settings (other than the taming part) to a unicorn.

While that is possible. Ark 1 is probably going to go the way of all older (tech) products. All products are built with some amount of engineered obsolescence. Otherwise, you can't sell new ones to the consumer. I'm willing to bet Ark 1 will be left out on the vine to slowly die therefore pushing the consumer to the new product (Ark 2). It's nothing new or groundbreaking. Just business.

Here is my take. Events will end. Once Ark 2 is released, support for Ark 1 will end entirely. Ark 1 servers will slowly be taken down and repurposed for Ark 2. TBH, this could all happen a lot quicker than that as well. It just depends on how fast they want people to purchase and move on to Ark 2.

Edited by Joebl0w13

What about those that dont genesis? how are we going to get the skins?  Will there at least be Evo events with 2x breeding?  what about the charity event?   its really sad that there wont be more events. those make it really fun to play.  If it going to be just 1x its not worth playing. its a pain to gather recourses and breeding is horrible then  and its almost impossible to get 100% imprint under 1x

On 3/9/2022 at 2:04 AM, BlackScarlatta said:

Hey it was a really jpoke, btut you got confussed about Good Vibes people that i was talking, in fact i was talking about Good Vibes people that always said that the game is flawless, doesnt pay attention at the constantly people telling all the iddues abouut as u said: rubber banding, weekend evo events, crashing servers, people doing think in the greys of CoC and WildCard doesnt do anything about it, and so on. Sadly, the GBP doesnt care about all this issues, and needing stuff. They only been here to say supperficial things that doesnt makes the games better. I dont know if you actuallly understand me. The players taht actually were playing for so long, known about all those issues that never been fixed and others news that constantly appears by a random mistake in the new fix. And so one for ever. I think that TOXIC peocple actually is the ones that constantly is blind to all this issues and still are against the people that "demands" some stuff that it will make the game a lil better. Also... u said that been alone is boring? Without normal crashes and server saves in singleplayer and no INTENTIONAL crashes, sinlgeplayer is MY best choice. And if u think that SOcial interactions is only in a game, you should focus in the real social interaction in the real life, mate :)

BTW, i see how people get fussed when someone says something about TOXIC people, i wonder way.... :D

Have a nice day/night, buds... and dont forget that Singleplayer is never boring.

A bit hard to understand you when you go on a ramble. Keep in mind I said that more people seem to be deriding the entitled players rather than calling the game flawless. Do also try to note that I specifically stated after my stance on solo play that it differs from person to person. Assuming English isn't your native language that means that each person may have a different view on how much they enjoy solo play. For you it may be better, but for someone such as myself who is used to regular human interaction a gaming environment that is primarily tooled for multiple people may feel dull when played alone for an extended period.

As for the little snipe about my social life I assure you I get by quite fine. Assuming one has a grasp of societial habits and norms above that of a half eaten soggy bagel there should be a clear cut difference between me and actual real life friends hitting the bar and me enjoying a conversation with someone possibly thousands upon thousands of miles away. I enjoy time with my actual friends, however I also enjoy chatting with a player I met on my server who lives all the way in Queensland, Australia. There are different takes and stories from different walks of life and it's refreshing to hear them.

My stance on toxicity still stands, the issues addressed need to primarily be those of game functionality rather than the myriad of screeching about events. It also needs to be done with some level of respect, elsewise the person or entity you're attempting to parlay with may very well close up shop altogether and deny the service that was previously offered out of petty spite. Unless contractually obligated not to do so Wildcard could very easily shut off the servers whenever they please. The only thing that really prevents this is the desire for more revenue from ark 2, not fear of making people angry but the fear of not making money. For all we know we could be a handful of toxic comments away from someone important at wildcard getting a wild hare up their proverbials and deciding punishing the players is more rewarding than the cash. It's extremely unlikely; but humans are exceedingly petty. So why risk it when a more mature approach could achieve better results?

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

"We know you folks enjoy your event cosmetics so as we enter into our last year of events on ARK 1, we will be adding the associated cosmetics to the Hexagon Exchange once each event ends. Speaking of - we've added the Love Evolved cosmetics to Hexagon Exchange this week!"

So if I had Love Evolved enabled on my Dedicated Unofficial server, and now I can no longer get the cosmetics on my Lost Island map, and only way to get the cosmetics is from the Hex store which is only accessible on the Genesis Maps.  How did this ever make sense to do.?

And again, the developers decided not to try too hard for consoles and give a minimum of features.
1. Giving it possible to set the size of the stacks like on the PC, apparently it is extremely difficult to add this on the console... (sarcasm)
2. Giving the ability to increase the level of wild dinos above lvl 150 is also an impossible task for developers ... (sarcasm)
3. Now with the possibility of choosing events, we decided not to bother ... (sarcasm)
And this list can be continued for a long time, a lot of useful settings from the PC version can and should be added to the console.
Another strange decision from WC.

On 3/4/2022 at 10:39 PM, invincibleqc said:

In the event of any official servers being permanently closed, I'm sure they will release their latest saves for anyone to host or resume their adventures locally like they did in the past. As for consoles users, don't quote me on that, but I believe they are being made available through Nitrado's panel. No need to worry about losing your home, dinos, and memories! 🙂

That's what I hope at least 🙂

On 3/4/2022 at 10:55 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Nothing lasts forever 🙃

Oh, you should say that to my hungriness or Bruce Banner's angriness 👀