Community Crunch 306: EVO Event, Hexagon Exchange Upgrades, and More!

StudioWildcard

Greetings Survivors!

We hope you don't have weekend plans yet because we're kicking the weekend off with an EVO event!  See below for the event details!

large.6.jpg.f75417a564f240c5d0b2bf77c4584acb.jpg

Lost Island Transfers

On March 18th, we will be enabling full server transfers into Lost Island on our Official Servers across all platforms. Once enabled, players will be able to download items and creatures onto the map without restriction!

ARK  Survival Evolved Screenshot 2022.02.24 - 17.26.38.81.jpg

Event Cosmetics

We know you folks enjoy your event cosmetics so as we enter into our last year of events on ARK 1, we will be adding the associated cosmetics to the Hexagon Exchange once each event ends. Speaking of - we've added the Love Evolved cosmetics to Hexagon Exchange this week!
All of the event content will be added to the PC game at the end of the year's cycle of events so they can be opted into for our PC unofficial server owners and players. Our console players will be able to grab all event cosmetics from the Hex store!

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

An ARK: EVO Event is active on all platforms from now through March 7th, with the following EVO perks:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

• Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, and Taming 
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, and 4.5x Taming
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, and 5x Taming
  • Classic: 6x XP, 6x Harvesting, and 6x Taming

communitycorner.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot GalleryArtist Feedback Form

communitystories_.png

Corrupted Empress Jasmine#7275

Let's speak of a time, a time long since passed Scorching Deserts, Caverns and Cities nothing more than distant dreams a time when Rexes were the true Kings of the Ark, a time when a turkey could end all life on the Ark if it so chose.

My name is Jasmine (Jaz for short) and I bought Ark on the very day of its release into early access, I downloaded the game eagerly awaiting whatever came and eventually loaded into spawning on a picturesque beach on the northern half of The Island I stayed on that beach as if it were my lifeline, I hunted dodos and ate berries gathering a few megre levels unlocking the most powerful weapon I'd ever known the sling.

I gathered stone, hours and hours passing amassing hundreds of lil pieces of lifeline, I grew more confident going into the trees to gather material crafting backup slings and gathering more material until I heard footsteps, I ran as fast as I could back to my beach thinking I was safe until it burst from the trees... a level 12 rex.

Most people, sane people would have run but not me, I started firing rocks as fast as I could dodging and weaving as the titanic beast attempted to strike me down, time past slowly the adrenaline keeping me hyper focused, I took a hit my health bar tanking, I panicked but continued firing...

Something changed, the rex began to flee, I chased it toward a river where upon crossing the threshold it slammed to the ground I gathered meat from any source I could and fed the thing, protecting my once enemy as if my life depended on it I gathered narcoberries and tended to the rex for as long as it took before it arose now under my command.

I had become Queen by subjugating the King, My will was now his command, his name was Sven...

And that's how my first tame in Ark: Survival Evolved was a Rex called Sven.

clipsvideos.png

Creator: SINZAHH

Check out the amazing storytelling and strategy behind setting up a heist on a hard and popular unofficial ARK server.

fanart_2.png

Stealing Wyvern Eggs (Render) by Veno#5000

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_MaewingStealin

Penllyn by @ottermeal

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Penllyn_1920x1

Ferox by @falco_luna

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Ferrox_1920x10

Aberration-Themed Journal by TheUnskilledKwill#3155

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Journal_1920x1

Liopleurodon by Khimera

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Liopleurodon_1

Welcome to the Island by scartitan

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_WelcomeToTheIs

screen.png

Jinx#7374

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Jinx_1920x1080

@properlyspoopi

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_properlyspoopi

@NaturalCauzes

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Natural_1920x1

See you next week!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

“So as we enter into our last year of events on ARK 1”  There’s something incredibly bittersweet about that sentence.  I’ve been playing Ark since it first launched in beta on console, and I’ve been playing ever since.   I’m equal parts excited for the next adventure, but I also feel a deep sadness at the thought that this is the longest mile for my adventures on Ark 1. 

• Thanks 1

I only have ONE concern: after this last year of events, will the servers remain opened?

I mean, I will miss the events a lot, and the colors, oh guy the colors... but if the servers stay open I wont care to go buy skins on HLNA, that's nice. I just worry about spending time on something that might close and lose all my valuable pixels.

• Thanks 3

Completely cutting off events not even a year after the supposed release of ARK 2 rubs me extremely the wrong way. I get that resources need to be focused on the sequel, but this was brought up pretty suddenly, and a lot of people would've missed events this year thinking they could revisit in 2023. People will still be playing ARK 1 for a while; surely at least some attention should still be put into the game at least for 2023, especially as Fjordur's update is halfway through the year. There's still a lot of longevity, and cutting off the events is a very major part of why people still play to this day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, edmundium said:

Completely cutting off events not even a year after the supposed release of ARK 2 rubs me extremely the wrong way. I get that resources need to be focused on the sequel, but this was brought up pretty suddenly, and a lot of people would've missed events this year thinking they could revisit in 2023. People will still be playing ARK 1 for a while; surely at least some attention should still be put into the game at least for 2023, especially as Fjordur's update is halfway through the year. There's still a lot of longevity, and cutting off the events is a very major part of why people still play to this day.

Yeah, depending on what the required specs for ARK2 are, I might have to play Ark The First for a while still. Regardless of the quality of ARK2. I guess we'll have to resort to unofficial events and mods for those who can.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Alysson said:

I just worry about spending time on something that might close and lose all my valuable pixels.

In the event of any official servers being permanently closed, I'm sure they will release their latest saves for anyone to host or resume their adventures locally like they did in the past. As for consoles users, don't quote me on that, but I believe they are being made available through Nitrado's panel. No need to worry about losing your home, dinos, and memories! 🙂

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Alysson said:

I only have ONE concern: after this last year of events, will the servers remain opened?

I mean, I will miss the events a lot, and the colors, oh guy the colors... but if the servers stay open I wont care to go buy skins on HLNA, that's nice. I just worry about spending time on something that might close and lose all my valuable pixels.

you can bet all your dinos that the servers have their days number, wanna know why, take a look and read when ark went from alpha to official launch and what what happen to the promises that wildcard made for the legacy servers and what they did after the official launch

Edited by FOX8619
  • Sad 1

"All of the event content will be added to the PC game at the end of the year's cycle of events so they can be opted into for our PC unofficial server owners and players. Our console players will be able to grab all event cosmetics from the Hex store!"
So if I play on console, will I never see an event again?
I got my own xbox dedicated server, now this means not only I won't get the events anymore, but also, even if I did, I wouldn't be able to summon events if I'm not paying for Nitrado?
C'mon Wild Card, just bring everything for console as well and let us summon events by advanced configurations!

You mean to tell me that you're just gonna nonchalantly throw into the crunch that this is the last year of events AFTER we've already had the Love Evolved event (which btw is many people's favorite that lasted for ONLY one week despite begging for extension but thousands of players) as if it were no big deal at all?? Wow. A new low Wildcard. I hope you know that many many many Ark lovers are boycotting Ark 2... 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 3

3 hours ago, MarcoKrause said:

C'mon Wild Card, just bring everything for console as well and let us summon events by advanced configurations!

The older consoles would go up in flames if they had to manage all the event content at the same time, thats why this option is PC only.

As for everyone wishing they could play events in the future, if you play on PC you can enable any event in the future either in SP or on unofficial servers - at the latest once the aformentioned update comes that adds all the event content in. All they are really saying is that there wont be "new" events and they won't bother to keep adding and removing them for performance reasons anylonger - which for unofficial PC users is actually good, as you can then run the event when and how long you like.

Edited by nevcairiel
  • Facepalm 2

What bothers me the most is that WC is not mentioning much about Ark2. I would assume if the development of a new game is evolving you offer some insights into the development and start to advertise Ark2 more than is actually the case. I assume that Ark 2 gets delayed quite a bit and is far from being published in 2022 or 2023. At least not as an optimized and playable version. Therefore, I find the announcement of the last year of events for Ark1 quite unprofessional and not a really clever marketing move.

I understand that there needs to be an end some time in the future. Why not automate some of the Evo-Events or find a different solution for the color events than shutting everything down? Instead, they shove everything to the Hexagon-shop in Genesis and pull the plug. Once again, not much thought put into marketing and planning, and escpecially not into public relations with the community, let alone communication.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’ve said it before I’m going to say it again,  ARK 2 SHOULD NOT, I REPEAT SHOULD NOT BE RELEASED THIS YEAR OR NEXT YEAR!!!  THE EARLIEST SHOULD BE 2024!!!!! 

10 hours ago, Alysson said:

If they do the single stupidest thing imaginable at this moment (which is the release Ark 2 this year), they would have to keep servers going for Ark 1, at least for PS, last I heard they haven’t worked anything out with Sony. We all know how this company has been the last year all the way track to the beginning of the game, and I have to agree with the this:

10 hours ago, FOX8619 said:

you can bet all your dinos that the servers have their days number, wanna know why, take a look and read when ark went from alpha to official launch and what what happen to the promises that wildcard made for the legacy servers and what they did after the official launch

They said before the game got released from early access that they would give limited support to legacy servers and then when I release day came they came out and said that they would give no more support, but they would keep servers open. Then a month down the road they started shutting down legacy servers (surprise surprise surprise).  We all knew that it was coming and started leaving legacy servers, but WHY DIDNT THEY JUST SAY THAT FROM THE GET GO!  The SAME thing is going to happen to Ark 1.  Our days on Ark 1 are numbered, no nothing lasts forever, BUT we don’t have to accept and send a clear message to WC that we hold them to a higher standard than the service and product that we have been receiving over the last couple years.

Hey Wildcard,  if you are hell bent on releasing Ark 2 this year, it better make Ark 1 look like Minecraft and run 100x better.  If it doesn’t run better than Ark 1, I’m calling the ball here, it will blow up in your faces.  Just like movies, video game sequels are rarely better than the original.

• Like 1

I'm expecting some quality of life changes such as;

Adding event colored dinos into the game permanently after ARK 2 launchs, otherwise this will literally kill all PVE ascepts of the game if we are forced to obtain those colors from other players,

Adding breeding multipliers to EVO events (if there's gonna be some in the future) or completely raise game multiplier to 3x, everything would be perfect.

Please just don't left the game dying, I know every game gets old over time but there are going to be people who can't afford system requirements for ARK2, resulting them to be trapped into a dying game possibly for a long time. Just don't left multipliers at base multiplier values forever and make random event colored dinos spawn naturally, everything is going to be okay.

Edited by Akarulez

Yeah cosmetics are nice and all but one of the main reasons I play is for the event colorations, and I know that i'm not the only one. I get that everything ends and while some prior warning would have been nice, I can deal with no more event.  But please figure out a way to still allow us to get these event colors on official? Breeding them, while quite do-able, is such a time consuming ambition with server settings. I'm assuming evo events will still be a thing so perhaps you can tack it onto one of those every so often? Otherwise I see little reason to keep playing on official servers. Thats probably what you're aiming for though.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nevcairiel said:

The older consoles would go up in flames if they had to manage all the event content at the same time, thats why this option is PC only.

I get you completely, I acctually host my server on Windows 10 so xbox players and PC players with Windows 10 can play. Problem is, being the same version, if they do not add the content to xbox, this means they won't do it for Win 10 as well.

10 hours ago, nevcairiel said:

As for everyone wishing they could play events in the future, if you play on PC you can enable any event in the future either in SP or on unofficial servers - at the latest once the aformentioned update comes that adds all the event content in. All they are really saying is that there wont be "new" events and they won't bother to keep adding and removing them for performance reasons anylonger - which for unofficial PC users is actually good, as you can then run the event when and how long you like.

All what you are saying here goes for consoles as well: You can enable events as you like on solo as well as on unofficial.

Also, this week someone on the general forum was "complaining" the PC's 500GB harddrive was almost full of just ARK and got suggested to de-install maps to save space. If storrage is the only bottleneck: My old console has an external 2GB SSD, the new one has an internal 4GB SSD. Furthermore, ARK runs way better on a PS4 Pro than on a PS5.

So why the assumption older consoles can't handle ARK's full content?

2 hours ago, MarcoKrause said:

I get you completely, I acctually host my server on Windows 10 so xbox players and PC players with Windows 10 can play. Problem is, being the same version, if they do not add the content to xbox, this means they won't do it for Win 10 as well.

I'm no Xbox expert but concerning PS that statement is not correct. If storrage is the only issue even the "older" consoles have the same options as modern PC's: Buy extra storrage. Running ARK from an external SSD or HDD is no issue at all.

6 hours ago, MMaas said:

You can enable events as you like on solo as well as on unoffici

This. I think a lot of people tend to gloss over this fact because they can't fathom either being part of a community or paying for a server. I can understand where they're coming from, not everyone wants to play alone or has the disposable income, but those making demands also seem to be somewhat ignorant of the fact that the point of pulled support is to drive you to the newer product. Chances are WC won't be adding things like event colors as a permanent part of the game or anything like that because they want everyone off of ark 1 and on ark 2 as quickly as possible. The only people that will have a strong chance to preserve their years of hard work AND still enjoy the benefits of events will be the chads that have stuck to solo or the poor suckers like myself that opened their wallets to line the pockets of server rental services.