How Obstinate Sparrow Found Ark

ObstinateSparrow

Greetings.  My username is Obstinate Sparrow.  My real name is a secret.  I have been playing Ark (Switch) for a few months now.  Hope to get it on PC soon.  I found Ark in an unusual way.  Recently, the local library has rented out tablets that connect to the internet.  I had not had internet in my home since my last computer broke over five years ago (pretty sure it's been longer than that).  I rented the laptop in order to research Miocene animals of South America for a story I'm writing.  Whenever I looked up Argentavis, Pelagornis, or terror bird, Ark would come up in the search results.  Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to find out what Ark is.

I liked what I found out and decided to try playing Ark.  I got the Switch version because Switch is the only console I have for Ark.  (Pretty sure Sega Saturn can't play it LOL.)  Despite bugs out the wazoo, I enjoy the game immensely.  I plan on getting the PC version soon, but I need a computer first!

Sorry for rambling.  I'm just so happy to be online again!

Watch some of the You Tube trailers of mod maps and PC game play. You will be blown away by the virtual reality this game can display in real time compared to the Switch which plays a poorly supported crippled version of The Island. You will need a good gaming PC to enjoy Ark, the official mod maps, and the player created stuff available. There are many excellent game playing videos over in the Creative Chat forum. Once you get use to the keyboard - mouse method of playing Ark, you will never go back to a game pad.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just found out yesterday.  (I haven't been logged in for a while.)  That is some of the best news I've heard all year.  (This year so far has been difficult for me.)  I'm really looking forward to Scorched Earth.  You see, I had been staying up late at night to keep an eye on my grandmother, who got very sick.  I passed the time by watching a YouTube series called Soloing the Ark (by Phlinger Phoo-highly recommended BTW).  Phlinger was taming a Morellatops and said, "Now what am I going to name this girl?"  My grandmother, who was mostly asleep, mumbled "Name her Cheryl."  So now I finally have the opportunity to tame my own Morellatops, and name her Cheryl.  It's something I have to do... for Grandma.  Rest in peace.

Yes, this has been one rough year.  Thank goodness for some good news.

Archived