Thylas on The Island

Nungtor

Hi, anyone else having probs getting Thylas to attack you? Today i tried to farm some claws, but the Thylas wont leave the trees. If they do, they dont attack and cant be killed. Also tried another run with rare flower, no success. Oh, and beating them while they are in the trees doesnt have any effect. They just look at you and smile^^
I am on an official EU server, The Island map, Epic user.
Not all Thylas behave like this, one out of 10 act like they should, at least for me.

thyla_bug.jpg

edit:typo

6 hours ago, Nungtor said:

Hi, anyone else having probs getting Thylas to attack you? Today i tried to farm some claws, but the Thylas wont leave the trees. If they do, they dont attack and cant be killed. Also tried another run with rare flower, no success. Oh, and beating them while they are in the trees doesnt have any effect. They just look at you and smile^^
I am on an official EU server, The Island map, Epic user.
Not all Thylas behave like this, one out of 10 act like they should, at least for me.

thyla_bug.jpg

edit:typo

It's a hitbox problem. If they dont leave the tree its because theyre stuck. If they leave but dont attack their box is stuck but the physical part was able to move (if you have been around long enough you will remember an old glitch where dinos would "fall through the floor" but their actual hitbox stayed where it was supposed to be) I found using a good shot gun to kill them helps, but sometimes you just have to shoot at empty spots and hope you find the hit box. THANKFULLY usually if you kill them out of the tree with the shotgun they fall out and you can harvest them. 

Archived