SWAMP FEVER

Chekky

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Ark really much.

But this Swamp Fever is the most annoying thing I've experienced so far. We are two lvl20 player and we have no chance to cure ourselves.
The whole server is complaining about this issue and we think about quitting ARK because we're not able to play anymore. Everything is green and most of Dino's are killing us instantly now.

I'm sorry that I have to say this, but this "feature" is really stupid.

I feel like ark wasn't ready for diseases. There are thing being add to the game and remove were the player base isn't ready for I like the more hardcore survival give me all the diseases but for me the cure needs to be easy to get easy to use. We already have food water torpor now swamp fever what will we get more ? But for the casual player gets harder every patch not only the diseases but taming building everything takes hours and hours on official server go do something about that so the non no lifers can enjoy ark 2

Thanks for the answer. Yes, we're on an official server.

But even there it's impossible to cure ourselves. It's simply impossible.
How should we - as lvl20 players - survive against dire wolfs, scorpions and snakes to get to the swamp?

We spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die.... We try to build a base near the swamp but then a scorpion comes out of the nowhere and kills us. Alternatively we die from frost.
Sorry... If you're lvl100 it might be ok. But with this fever it will get hard to get to a higher level. It's just frustrating.

It would be a lot more tolerable is it: 

A: Didn't give a movement speed buff, you know, so people dont get it ON PURPOSE.

B: the cloud effect in your vision wasnt there.

I challenge the devs to play for 3 hours straight with it on. Go on, start on a server, spawn in the swamp, go for a swim them level yourself and build a thatch house. Now cheat yourself to level 20, then go find a cure with no dinos. IF you manage to get a cure made within another three hours. then you can leave it in the game. If you don't quite in sheer frustration with a headache after 6 hours I'll be surprised. If you can;t cure yourself and stay cured within that 3 hours you nerf it severely.

Looking forward to the disease nerf in 243. Because you'll NEVER do it. I'll donate AUD $100 to the charity of your choice if you do so. I'm serious. 

This mechanic has driven me to avoid the swamp....like the plague....har har...

I have been waiting it out and reading here on others experiences. What I read about peoples initial struggles pretty much horrified me. I fully expected them to, and the did, nerf it a lot. But I am still waiting. I feel I should have a way to go to the swamp without panicky fear in my heart of getting the fever. 

Just like they have bug repellent for bugs or food buffs to help with underwater or other harsh environments I am waiting for something that I can use and make without risking the fever first before I go back to the swamp. I currently live in the snow biom and have 106 fortitude which makes that much easier than otherwise. If I die I can actually respawn and fly naked to recover stuff from my body without fear of exposure death from cold. I had read that high fortitude helps to not get the fever. But I would like to know more specifics about what my 106 fortitude buys me. Am I immune at that level (I feel I should be...at level 75 and I got my wieght to 300 and the rest went to fortitude. That should buy me A LOT of resistance.)

Anyone have experience with high fortitude like I have and facing Swamp Fever?

So I've registered on these forums just to say what a mind-f'inly stupid feature.

Love the game, but the disease feature is absolutely doing my head in.  I can't stand the green crap on the screen.  If you caught it then died, fine.  But to log back in or respawn to have it still there.....? 

Sorry to say that players are using this as a griefing mechanic and nothing else.  It is a nice feature overall but as its impossible to cure at low level, which I am it is maddening beyond belief.

Respectfully... please fix.

3 hours ago, NukeZX said:

Ah, we probably haven't encountered each other ingame then.

Ancient BoB-PL-CA-ASCN dinosaur here.

Nice, I remember smartbombing one of the first Titans in the game, twas a BoB Avatar in X-70. Not killing it mind you, I just wanted to be the first person to smartbomb a Titan. This was probably 06, maybe 07. Beef Hardslab, I played with some of the smartbomb doctrines a couple pioneers did & ran with them, developing my own flavor & incorporating some of it into Agony tactics. I miss Eve but at the same time I'm currently winning it so... lol

Hello Fella's,

Never ever have I been feeling the need to complain about something.
Well here is my very first complaint ever.

One week ago I felt happy knowing that ARK was going to launch an event for there birthday.
Getting special items, farming some airdropsuplies to get the necesary items.
You know the drill.

Well i was playing the new patch for about 15 minutes, and was cruising around on my pteranodon to get me some airdrops.
And there was this yellow airdrop i had my eye on. It was in shallow water but i had been there many many times so i knew i could land there.
And so I landed and within 2 seconds of standing there i got the swamp fever my ptero got it too and then began my new quest to get me the cure.
Only to find out i would be needing to kill Leeches to get the cure. Kill a Rhino and farm me a whole bunch of more crap.

Then i found out that nights are, instead of being imposible without a torch, now imposible with or without a torch.
I cant see thanks to the darkness and my torch enhances the sickness effect so badle that i cant see anything too.
My game became unplayable thanx to this disease. I'm missing out on the event and more disturbingly.... I haven't seen a developers reaction anywhere considering this new disease thing.

I'am sure this sickness thing is going to break the gameexperience for a lot of people.
I know that if this won't change soon my gamingtime within the ARK will come to an end.

This would suck though since i love every last bit of this game. But the disease system broke it all.

I wonder if there's more people out there who think the same way.

Well,

I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal.   What I would say, is be glad, if I read it right, you just finally got into it after all the hotfixes came for this patch.   So what you're experiencing is far better than what most had to deal with when the patch came out.   Be glad blood is easier to get, and no longer takes rhino horns in order to make the cure.

regardless, I would just enjoy the experience of being able to test and help provide feedback for a game that when released is going to be very enjoyable for a long time!

Swamp disease ruined the game. Low levels CANNOT cure it and running around with obnoxious green fog in your face (which was removed and now is back again) makes the game difficult and completely unenjoyable to play. What's going to happen is people will start a character, get the disease, leave them for dead and start over on a new server and repeat. The disease is a rampid plague that spreads fast and stays. Most stupid addition to a game Ive ever seen when you CANNOT cure it. I just started playing fairly recently and I am about to quit. Worst $65 I've ever spent (yes I bought 2 versions for my wife and i to play together).

2 hours ago, WildGuide said:

Swamp disease ruined the game. Low levels CANNOT cure it and running around with obnoxious green fog in your face (which was removed and now is back again) makes the game difficult and completely unenjoyable to play. What's going to happen is people will start a character, get the disease, leave them for dead and start over on a new server and repeat. The disease is a rampid plague that spreads fast and stays. Most stupid addition to a game Ive ever seen when you CANNOT cure it. I just started playing fairly recently and I am about to quit. Worst $65 I've ever spent (yes I bought 2 versions for my wife and i to play together).

That is a bit silly, you purchased a game during pre-release and expected everything to run smoothly? If you don't have the patience for a pre-release, you certainly shouldn't be buying in to it. I guess you learned your lesson the hard way!

Everyone freaking out about Swamp Fever, just be patient while they make tweaks.

Edit: Also you have this game forever, just wait until its in a state you enjoy, bud.

2 hours ago, Rippy said:

That is a bit silly, you purchased a game during pre-release and expected everything to run smoothly?

June 2016 is still the stated release date, so don't chastise people for buying the game in june 2016 and expecting it to be pretty much done.

" with a full release planned for June 2016 "

That is on the store page.

So don't come with the "its alpha" bullpoop when new people buy the expecting it to be basically complete according to the game's own store page.

1 hour ago, trbaron said:

June 2016 is still the stated release date, so don't chastise people for buying the game in june 2016 and expecting it to be pretty much done.

" with a full release planned for June 2016 "

That is on the store page.

So don't come with the "its alpha" bullpoop when new people buy the expecting it to be basically complete according to the game's own store page.

It is alpha though. People can create false expectations all they want, and I will call them out on it.

Archived