SWAMP FEVER

Chekky

I played ark like 2k Hours and this Patch make me realy mad. We started fresh on the center we are now lvl 70-80. we are 15 People and we got all Swamp Fever now + all Dodos too. We farmed with 3 people for 3 hours in the swamp and we got 5 bloods. I dont know but decrease all stats by 20% permanet + the green screen makes no fun to play. we need like 400 blood to cure all and maybe if u cure one u still have the chance that u infect him again. This is so broken.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RadioActiveMan said:

This needs to be 1 blood, not 10, or have 1 craft of the cure give multiple uses.

Also a friend who did get the cure made, used it, and 5 minutes later had the fever again.  He is a Solo Tribe, and only had 1 dino infected which he cured first.

Cure yourself first so you have a 20-30 second period that you can't be infected. Really should give a longer immunity in case you have a lot of dinos to cure. 

What I feel is the most stupid about this disease is that you have to expose yourself to the vector to aquire the cure and that, in the process, your dino can get infected and then instantly infect you. So an uninfected helping a tribe mate farm blood for a cure is counter intuitive. Just the very premise of the vector being the cure seems absurd to be honest. Anything else would make sense, and beyond that, how is a level 5 guy supposed to handle a 20% stat loss? Or even a small tribe of level 15-25? Rhino horn isn't exactly easy for little guys to get.

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, bedsidespider said:

What I feel is the most stupid about this disease is that you have to expose yourself to the vector to aquire the cure and that, in the process, your dino can get infected and then instantly infect you. So an uninfected helping a tribe mate farm blood for a cure is counter intuitive. Just the very premise of the vector being the cure seems absurd to be honest. Anything else would make sense, and beyond that, how is a level 5 guy supposed to handle a 20% stat loss? Or even a small tribe of level 15-25? Rhino horn isn't exactly easy for little guys to get.

Iunno, I guess getting antivenin from a snake makes real life stupid as well. That said, areas like the swamp or the snow have never been made with new players or low level players in mind. Their harsh landscape and unwelcoming wildlife make them areas only meant for mid to high end players.

23 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Iunno, I guess getting antivenin from a snake makes real life stupid as well. That said, areas like the swamp or the snow have never been made with new players or low level players in mind. Their harsh landscape and unwelcoming wildlife make them areas only meant for mid to high end players.

That's venom this is a disease, and snakes don't infect your horse with a pathogen that carries onto you, you use it to make the antivenom,  which would honestly make sense. Being able to capture leaches and keep them to extract their blood multiple times to derive a cure from would make sense, be interesting, and add to the farming element of the game.

As for the swamp being for mid to high level players, sure, I can see that, but its absurd to think something like this would be relegated to the swamp. The disease spreads like wildfire via a broken aoe infection system. I was infected by a passing Argentavis rider while I was on a pteranodon. I cured myself and became reinfented by the dino used to farm the blood because I was curious if A) that was going to be a thing and B) if after having the disease, would I become resistant to reinfection.

Answers: A) yes B) No

25 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

So now your using RL examples to justify this mechanic? What about the RL examples i gave to counter your giga is slow argument? What about the relativity of speed? You didnt seem to want to talk in RL examples in that discussion, but now its convenient?

Beyond that, your explanation of the biomes and new players might be accurate, if every Bob on a Ptera couldn't spread the disease. But now, the way things stand, if a low level character gets the disease, even without going anywhere near those biomes, they have no chance of getting a cure on their own, and will continue to suffer endlessly through the disease as death is not a cure.

Maybe instead of constantly defending broken mechanics, you begin to actively work towards solutions. Its broken. Tying a bow on it doesn't make it any less broken.

Archived