Baby dino interactions

Ashelia

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, StationOG said:

So i thought i would get two breeds happening before the patch affected them but this morning i noticed there was a timer above their heads. *RIP to my strat*.

So what happens if the timer runs out? or no care is given? cause i have to go to work in a sec and obviously cant 'care' for this things.

They take a hit on their imprinting percentage.

id love to know how the imprinting stat affect dinos compared to before that new phase. Is it just a nerf to baby ? or does it actually give potential for improved baby compared to before ? 

Babies were already annoying to care for in the past, if that new thing only add more annoyance for no gain its gonna be disapointing. 

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

Basically, a baby with 0% imprinting to it has the same stats as a baby from the previous iteration of the breeding system. This is all a bonus and entirely up to you to make your babies better than ones from the previous iteration.

that is good news then. wish i could raise some right now. 

1 hour ago, ciabattaroll said:

Basically, a baby with 0% imprinting to it has the same stats as a baby from the previous iteration of the breeding system. This is all a bonus and entirely up to you to make your babies better than ones from the previous iteration.

Granted you have to take what people say on the Steam forums with a grain of salt, but there was one complaint that a tribe lost  7 of their babies died due to the "interactive breeding system" asking for boa and giga kibble and they had none on hand.  Was this a glitch in the new breeding interaction?

• Volunteer Moderator

The breeding has no effect on feeding the babies, it's a side activity to do on top of the care we've already been providing them previously in order to boost imprinting percentage for stat boosts. If 7 of their babies died asking for boa and giga kibble, they died because they weren't fed the regular food they're meant to eat.

6 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

The breeding has no effect on feeding the babies, it's a side activity to do on top of the care we've already been providing them previously in order to boost imprinting percentage for stat boosts. If 7 of their babies died asking for boa and giga kibble, they died because they weren't fed the regular food they're meant to eat.

Thank you for the clarification.  If you could possibly answer this - with the "bonus" that you get, is it unique to the imprinter, or is it a stat that can be breed to future offspring and the benefit gained to say someone who you give the dino to?

4 hours ago, AgeAgainst said:

Granted you have to take what people say on the Steam forums with a grain of salt, but there was one complaint that a tribe lost  7 of their babies died due to the "interactive breeding system" asking for boa and giga kibble and they had none on hand.  Was this a glitch in the new breeding interaction?

there's no such thing as Giga kibble so they might be lying.

Ark is a Game... not a career.

But this new breeding mechanic means that in order to have mounts that can challenge stat for stat you must be able to have no life. No sleep. No job.

So every 4 hrs baby wants a cuddle and some random kibble.. if it doesn't get it baby gets upset and imprint effectiveness is erased. 

Only the person who imprinted can appease the babies demands..

It uses to be that ark was geared towards people playing / working together as a tribe.. got a long tame .. split it between players from different regions,  raising a babe... split the workload.. looking to expand split up the farming you name it and teamwork could achieve it but with this mechanic forcing only the imprinting player to be able to keep the efficiency going it excludes anyone who has real life responsibilities like you know Jobs, Families, Sleep.

I know that Jeremy feels sleep is unnecessary for his employees.. but now it seems that his customers are expected to sleep for less than 4 hrs at a time.

Yes no one is forced to use the mechanic and you can continue to breed as before but by not using it you lose the opportunity at a massive buff for a mount that may be involved in battle.

I have no problem with putting in time, i am prepared to grind as much as anyone, i work 50-55 hrs a week but still play 4- hrs per day week days and more weekends, i love this game but feel that when something is added that is impossible for players to achieve it is unbalanced and unfair. 

the one and only way for us to actually make this work as a tribe is to share our log in information so that whoever is on at the time can log into the account of the person who imprinted and appease the baby... I'm sure that is probably against some steam / microsoft terms of use etc etc.. but its the only way i can see of making it even half work.

Guess my pc & xbox just got a few more user accounts.

1 hour ago, Freya said:

Oh gotta love ARK.. Had like 15 more minutes until I could "give it care" and then the server went down and the timer reset, yaaay!! Almost one hour later, sever goes down again, timer resets again.. -.- 

And that doesn't even take into account that now you are expected to sleep for less than 4 hrs at a time so that you can give it care to avoid the resetting.

I love this game but sometimes wonder if it is in fact some mass experiment on the effects of sleep deprivation

ihad like like 15-20% on my 5 babies before going to bed , i wake up today and the imprinting is reset to 0, does ark do not want to let you rest and keep you 24h playing -.-?

This only makes interacting with babies worth ti ONLY like 12-16 hours before they turn into adult. So anything you do before that it's pointless since it will all reset while you sleep/work/study

Archived