Baby dino interactions

Ashelia

On 2/6/2016 at 10:34 PM, Ashelia said:

The CD should be shorter for what you gain per try every 3-4 hours =/

I gained 11 levels in melee(50%) on my Pteranodon on 8 cuddles(missed 2) and with the added 26% imprint damage I do 1639 damage WITHOUT putting a single level into the bird.
You must have no idea what balance means if you want us to be able to cuddle more than we already can O_O

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So some info from my testing (On an Official Pvpve Server):

The Baby will want interaction every 3.5 Hours +/- 30 minutes (3 hours to 4 hours), the exact time being randomized.

The amount of Affinity gained per interaction is approximately = 3.5 Hours / (0.875 * (Total Maturation Time of Species) )

Only the person who claims can care for it.

The bonuses are definitely non-random, for a pachy the stat gains were between 25%-31%, dependent on the particular stat, all stats have a specific boost amount per species, except stamina and oxygen which are not boosted (at least not in the species I tested). I only partially did a giga but it was about +100% HP, +50% Damage, +30% speed, if you could solo care for it for the 12 days straight that is.

If you don't immediately satisfy it, the affinity will begin decaying.

Each care interval they will want one of three things, each has about a 33% chance of being chosen: Pet, Walk, Food

Petting is easy

Walking requires that: 1. They Follow the person they are imprinted on 2. They move about 10-20 foundations in distance, does not have to be in that order (in testing had tribe mate walk it, didn't do anything, but the second I whistled to follow it completed)

Food requires you hand feed the baby as a passive tame, with the kibble in your right most quick-slot; will randomly choose any kibble (My baby Ptera's first request was for pteranodon Kibble, damn cannibal)

You can not skip a step (for instance if you don't have the kibble it wants), and as mentioned not satisfying it has consequences. 

P.S. And as mentioned, this is a bonus to thier base stats, completely ignoring them gives you dinos the same as before this update. As much as I can tell, the dino doesnt gain any actual levels in anything, it simply has an extra mutliplier applied to its stats, though exactly how this multiplier interacts with the many other multipliers/bonuses (formulaicly speaking), I am unsure at this time.

I must correct myself; after a little math, I have found how the multiplier seems to be factored into the equation. It is a Flat 20% increase across the board to all species I have looked at, to all stats (including topor), excluding Stamina and Oxygen.

However, the multiplier is factored directly to its base wild stat, which is why my intitial numbers suggested dino specific, as different dinos have different bonuses/modifiers to that base stat, and the imprint bonus is subject to those same bonuses (thus a 20% increase to giga's health looks like 85%, due to the flat negative modifiers it receives that do not scale with higher stat levels)

The Formula pre-242 looked something like this (from wiki):

V = ((B * ( 1 + Lw * Iw)) + Ta * TaM) * (1 + TE * Tm * TmM) * (1 + Ld * Id * IdM)

Post-242 should be something like:

V = ((B * ( 1 + Lw * Iw) * (1 + (Ia * IaM / 5)) ) + Ta * TaM) * (1 + TE * Tm * TmM) * (1 + Ld * Id * IdM)

Where:

Ia would be the Imprint  Affinity %

IaM would be BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier, an ini server setting

if curious about the other variables I suggest http://ark.gamepedia.com/Creature_Stats_Calculation

I also have to correct the bit about walking, where I said you didnt have to do those steps in order. There may be a recently created bug, as last night I did have to walk the dinos when I was testing, but today they instantly gain affinity as soon as I tell them to follow, without them actually moving.

19 hours ago, PhotographyRaptor said:

While it may or may not be true, that Wildcard has intended it that was, it is a very flawed design.

It is true that ppl, that spend more time on the game are able to farm more, build more, tame more, BUT it is possible for everyone who plays like one hour per day, to get to the same level as someone who plays 6 hours a day. It simply takes more days/weeks.

This new breeding mechanic is so damn restricitve that it is virtually impossible to use this mechanic for someone, who simply does not have the time to do it (cause of jobs, family or whatever).

Heck, I myself can't even bring up the time to care for babies, despite being a college student with tons of spare time atm.

Imo, the Imprinting percentage should not reset, if ppl miss out on cares. If you miss out, you just don't get the full 100%. This would make so much more sense, since ppl that can't be there for the whole time, can still play around with the mechanic and use it to some extend.

I wouldn't really have a problem with that either, it mitigates things to a degree and keeps it from being all or nothing.  I believe that the bonus only applying to one person was their attempt to make sure that people with tons of time couldn't buff their entire tribe... and that they may well decide that this moderating factor may not be enough.

It's still in doubt though, as they just went through a major rebalance with the sole purpose being to keep tames from being so much better than wild creatures... and this is definitely heading in the opposite direction.

I totally understand the points made, I myself will never have the time to take advantage of this new mechanic as is.  I just also acknowledge that by limiting the buff effect to only one person they are severely limiting how often it will be seen at all, and that this may very well be the intent.

I'll also just toss out this old chestnut.  It doesn't matter how powerful one person (or in this case, creature) becomes.  In a PVP setting if he/she becomes the focus of everyone attack because of that fact, the only thing they attain is being the first to die. One buffed dino is not going to stand against two unbuffed dinos (assuming all else is equal).

In a PVE setting the only thing at stake is a bit of jealousy, which is understandable.  Perhaps they'll make the timer adjustable for PVE... but then they start blowing the power curve between tamed and untamed out of whack.

Personally I'd rather have seen this system end up in other interesting abilities when there is a high affinity between person and creature, instead of just stat perks.  It would have taken some of the sting out of it, and frankly would probably have made more sense.

Posting this here because of Occultorison's excellent information above.  The amount raising affinity increases by appears to be the total baby raising time divided by 4.

By way of example, a Giganotosaurus is raised in 11 days, 16 hours, 35 minutes and 1 second, so dividing by 4, there are 70.1459 interaction windows, and each time the imprinter successfully interacts with the baby, it's affinity value should go up by 1.4256%.

Using this and Occultorison's findings above, I have been tracking the maturation of a player's baby Giga on our server, and so far, it has increased predictably.

Since maturation time divided by four is not a round number, it will also be unable to reach a perfect 100% affinity at adulthood (the player never gets that 71st interaction window to push it there), which appears to be consistent with what players are reporting here and elsewhere.

23 minutes ago, smh9g03 said:

Posting this here because of Occultorison's excellent information above.  The amount raising affinity increases by appears to be the total baby raising time divided by 4.

By way of example, a Giganotosaurus is raised in 11 days, 16 hours, 35 minutes and 1 second, so dividing by 4, there are 70.1459 interaction windows, and each time the imprinter successfully interacts with the baby, it's affinity value should go up by 1.4256%.

Using this and Occultorison's findings above, I have been tracking the maturation of a player's baby Giga on our server, and so far, it has increased predictably.

Since maturation time divided by four is not a round number, it will also be unable to reach a perfect 100% affinity at adulthood (the player never gets that 71st interaction window to push it there), which appears to be consistent with what players are reporting here and elsewhere.

That certainly appears to be something that will be fixed. If someone were to actually be able to complete all 70 interactions one would expect the dedication to be rewarded. I wonder if server maturation settings being vastly increased will actually change the percentage to where more 100% buffs are impossible.

Here is my current issue with this unfinished broken mechanic.
Just hatched lvl 213 ptera TRIPLETS on OC 135 and all 3 are imprinted to the tribe member who happen to be in the room watching and helping out. I'm not sure what 1 person would want with 3 ptera that high but it would be awesome if the imprinting could be changed and shared around the tribe some how.

On 6/3/2016 at 2:09 PM, Simmyoto said:

And that doesn't even take into account that now you are expected to sleep for less than 4 hrs at a time so that you can give it care to avoid the resetting.

I love this game but sometimes wonder if it is in fact some mass experiment on the effects of sleep deprivation

No, it's through the whole maturation stage.

if the buff only effect one person, how does it work with tribe owned dino ? My tribe is set so that dino do not have personal owner. When / how is the bonus applied if i took the time to raise a baby with as much imprint as possible ? Is it only when i ride it ? Only when it follows me personally ? or just until i unclaim to give to someone else ? I cannot really raise any babies for at least 2 more weeks (probably more) so i have to rely on you people to tell me. 

I don't believe ownership enters into the equation at all.  It's whomever the baby first imprints on.

As to the rest, I am unsure to be honest, but I rather suspect that the perk only kicks in when the person is riding it... and UN-claiming probably only means that no one can use the bonus.

Perhaps it's best to think of the perk as being something that the PLAYER acquires, but only with certain mounts.

I've been thinking about this and using the 5550 minute time to mature a Rex (turning wiki listed time to minutes), a 10x maturation speed setting would yield approx. 9 hours and 15 minutes. So if the first maturation is at 3 hours 30 minutes it is still impossible time wise to get 3 full time periods. So would that therefore yield 2 interactions of 50% or are there some sort of other factors besides time.

My experience with a wolf (official PVE-252)

The baby born at lvl 193, his stats: (approximately)

health : 2840  (33 points)
stamina:  988  (28 points)
oxygen :  495  (23 points)
food   : 4675  (29 points)
weight :  252  (24 points
damage :  325  (45 points)
speed  :  130  (base)
torpor : 5634  (lvl 193)(from ark.crumplecorn.com/taming/)
total  : 94.8% (182 points)(from survive-ark.com/ark-dino-stats-calculator/)

I miss the first, maybe two "cuddle" (cuddle timer was reset at server restart)
I have 90% imprint, and now the stats

health : 3300 (+6 points)
stamina:  988 (no change)
oxygen :  495 (no change)
food   : 5160 (+4 points)
weight :  297 (+13 points
damage :  380 (+11 points)
speed  :  149 (+6 points)
torpor : 6650 (lvl 231)(from ark.crumplecorn.com/taming/)
total  : 94%  (216 points)(from survive-ark.com/ark-dino-stats-calculator/)

It's like the wolf have gain 40 levels, he is still level 193 (if i compare the total spend point, it's only +34, because the speed is missing in this dino stats calculator...)
If i check the current torpor, he only gain 38 level...
And one thing is very weird, i try on the training dummy, now he has @500% melee and he do more damage than is big brother with 530%... (breed before the patch, exact same base stats), i need to confirm that...

he ask for three cuddle, one walk, trike, lystro, terror, ptera, parausor kibbles and maybe one more (+8% imprint each time), ~3H30 between each "cuddle"

So, it's make a huge difference, but i need sleep now ;)

5 hours ago, AshKarn said:

My experience with a wolf (official PVE-252)

The baby born at lvl 193, his stats: (approximately)

health : 2840  (33 points)
stamina:  988  (28 points)
oxygen :  495  (23 points)
food   : 4675  (29 points)
weight :  252  (24 points
damage :  325  (45 points)
speed  :  130  (base)
torpor : 5634  (lvl 193)(from ark.crumplecorn.com/taming/)
total  : 94.8% (182 points)(from survive-ark.com/ark-dino-stats-calculator/)

I miss the first, maybe two "cuddle" (cuddle timer was reset at server restart)
I have 90% imprint, and now the stats

health : 3300 (+6 points)
stamina:  988 (no change)
oxygen :  495 (no change)
food   : 5160 (+4 points)
weight :  297 (+13 points
damage :  380 (+11 points)
speed  :  149 (+6 points)
torpor : 6650 (lvl 231)(from ark.crumplecorn.com/taming/)
total  : 94%  (216 points)(from survive-ark.com/ark-dino-stats-calculator/)

It's like the wolf have gain 40 levels, he is still level 193 (if i compare the total spend point, it's only +34, because the speed is missing in this dino stats calculator...)
If i check the current torpor, he only gain 38 level...
And one thing is very weird, i try on the training dummy, now he has @500% melee and he do more damage than is big brother with 530%... (breed before the patch, exact same base stats), i need to confirm that...

he ask for three cuddle, one walk, trike, lystro, terror, ptera, parausor kibbles and maybe one more (+8% imprint each time), ~3H30 between each "cuddle"

So, it's make a huge difference, but i need sleep now ;)

You cannot think of the stat bonuses from interaction as "bonus levels", the creature is not gaining attribute points in any of its stats.  It's simply an additional factor in how the creature's final stat is calculated - see Occultorison's post above.

Also, inputting bred or baby stats into wild stat calculators, like those available on Survive-Ark, will produce incorrect results.  I am assuming some reporting errors above (unless you have screenshots of the starting stats), but the closest I could approximate your Direwolf at was:

Level 193 (Baby, so assume 100% TE)

33 Health Points - 2842.5 HP at birth

28 Stamina Points - 988 stamina at birth

23 Oxygen Points - 495 oxygen at birth

24 Food Points - 4692.0 food at birth

24 Weight Points - 252 weight at birth

35 Melee Points - 323.8% melee damage at birth

Since a Direwolf takes 2 day, 43 minutes and 59 seconds to mature to an adult, each successful interaction awards 8.208% affinity increase.  2.030539 days divided by 4 is 12.18324, so each increment is 1 / 12.18324, or 0.08208.  Since you reported the ending affinity at approximately 90%, it appears you lost one baby interaction due to your server reset, so the baby's ending affinity was 90.288%.

If you factor that affinity value into the Creature Stat formula, the Direwolf's ending stats are:

3355.8 Health

988 Stamina

495 Oxygen

5539.3 Food

297 Weight

381.1% Melee Damage

6651.9 Torpor

148.1% Speed

This is pretty close to what you are reporting above - again, an ending screenshot would be extremely helpful.  If you had accomplished all interactions successfully without error or reset, the best your baby would have ended at was ~98.5% affinity.

46 minutes ago, smh9g03 said:

You cannot think of the stat bonuses from interaction as "bonus levels", the creature is not gaining attribute points in any of its stats.  It's simply an additional factor in how the creature's final stat is calculated - see Occultorison's post above.

Also, inputting bred or baby stats into wild stat calculators, like those available on Survive-Ark, will produce incorrect results.  I am assuming some reporting errors above (unless you have screenshots of the starting stats), but the closest I could approximate your Direwolf at was:

This is pretty close to what you are reporting above - again, an ending screenshot would be extremely helpful.  If you had accomplished all interactions successfully without error or reset, the best your baby would have ended at was ~98.5% affinity.

Here a screenshot from a breed before patch (another brother lvl198, same base stat, only oxygen are higher but from another parents)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699450742

And here, the wolf with the imprinting bonus (i also only up damage)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699450686

The stat formula you used is very good! i 

Thanks for the info

Done some digging through the newly available data tonight, some more information about how it appears the Imprinting Quality mechanic works:

1) Maximum stat bonuses are defined per creature - right now, all base stats except Stamina & Oxygen can receive a maximum 20% increase

2) There is a "Baby Imprinting Quality Total Maturation Time" value, which is essentially the time it takes for a baby to mature rounded off.

3) Both Occultorison and I expressed the imprinting quality value in slightly different ways, but each get the same result.  With the currently defined interaction min and max windows, the imprinting quality earned per interaction is 4.0 hours / Total Maturation Time.  As I stated above, this means it is not likely a perfect 100% imprint quality value can be attained.

4) Upon reaching an interaction action event, there appears to be a grace period defined for each creature - those I have checked so far are 7200 seconds, or 2 hours.  There's also a defined rate of decay, presumably once this grace period has expired.  That value appears to be a consistent 0.002% per second, or a full percentage point of imprinting quality lost every ~8 minutes.  I have no empirical evidence to back this up with, so I would appreciate confirmation.

5) The creature appears to receive a MAXIMUM 30% reduction in damage received and 30% increase in damage output when it's imprinted rider is aboard.  Like the mate boost benefits, this likely doesn't show up in the stat values, but with the new training dummies, can likely be verified?  Again, it will scale with the creatures ending imprinting quality.

A few questions I have, if anyone else has explored these:

A) From the testing done on our official PvE server, it appears that all tribe members can see the imprinted bonus stat values, even if they are not the imprinter.  Does this imply that all eligible riders in the tribe receive the "raised" bonus values when riding the creature, but only the imprinter gets the additional "riding bonus"?  Or is this simply an artifact of the UI?  If it's the latter, it would make more sense for the bonus values to only be visible to the imprinter.

B) If a rider dismounts a creature with imprinted bonuses - for example HP - do the current stats of the creature scale down to its baseline values (no imprinted benefit)?  Or would the absolute value of the stat deficit carry over?  The best practical example I can think of is a creature being low on HP at its imprint boosted value, being dismounted, and then finding itself at a much lower relative health level (or dead), because of the stat adjustment without the imprinted bonus.

Archived