Shadowmane wont level up melee

Yggdrassil

Has anyone had an issue with shadowmanes or has any ideas what to try. I cannot add any points to my melee stat, everything else is fine and levels up as expected.

20 in total i have tried, they all have levels available after a note run and are not capped.

I've tried uploading/downloading.

I tried to level them up on different maps.

I tried different characters from the imprinter to a new created and also tried on 3 different accounts.

i tried to knock it out and try again after it woke up.

Can anyone think of something else to try? Got my army ready for some boss slaying but this is holding me up.

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

what is the % of your shadowmanes melee after imprint?

I will check when i get on next but im sure its around 1900 with imprint

25 minutes ago, L4D2 said:

if you bred/mutated them up to 255 pts in melee you won't be able to put anymore points in melee

I thought this but i have gigas with 253 in melee and level them up fine i think its something around 70 levels i put into melee after it was born with 253 and fully imprinted.

2 hours ago, Yggdrassil said:
2 hours ago, Yggdrassil said:

I thought this but i have gigas with 253 in melee and level them up fine i think its something around 70 levels i put into melee after it was born with 253 and fully imprinted.

THe limit is actually 255, but you can't have a melee exist at the limit.  So 254 is the highest it will let you level up the stat afterwards.  If you bought a shadow mane that was done by Pagans, which is what it sounds like if your melee is over 1900, then you may have mutated the melee 1 more time and then locked it.  IF your % is 1955 or higher that's what happened.

1 hour ago, Dreadcthulhu said:

Ark uses an 8 bit counter for the base stat levels (so 0-255). Creatures that hit that final 255 in base levels can't get XP upgrades.  That is probably what has happened with your shadowmanes.  I would suggest neutering them, and breed your old ones.

Yeah they reset to (number-255).  It's crazy.

Archived