Understanding Breeding

Lemoon

Hey Guys, 

So i recently got into breeding, currently working on an army of shadowmanes and Tek rexs for boss fights. 

my tex rexs have turned out near enough perfect, 1.1k dmg and 33k health, however im struggling with Gigas, when you place the egg in incubator what am i looking for, also how do you calculate the numbers? like what does 133 represent in melee dmg?

3 hours ago, jerry414 said:

It means your gigas have 133 lvls in melee, we are currently using gigas with 258 melee and 88 weight, with capped saddle hp on those doesnt really matter. Since you cant bring gigas into most of boss fights, there's no point to worry about their hp, cause rarely anything can kill gigas. 

Doesn't hurt to invest at least a little in a giga's health. Big falls and players on well bred wyverns can still present a threat if you're careless.

3 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Doesn't hurt to invest at least a little in a giga's health. Big falls and players on well bred wyverns can still present a threat if you're careless.

He was mistaken on the melee, the max usable # for melee is 253-254.  I forget exactly which # gigas are at 253 or 254, but the the current gigas are maxed.  The reason they have weight added is they are used for meat runners. 

Extra points in HP is near worthless on gigas, as you get almost no benefit for any # of levels in HP.  It's the difference of 2880 hp (~7%?)after imprint TOTAL by having zero or 60 points inherited.  Weight goes from 840 weight to 1579.2(~90%?) after imprints from zero points to 88.  THis alone is enough to carry 300 stacks of meat without any points spent.  All levels gained, you simply spend on melee.  Nothing in the game will force you to need more hp after that.

THe program most players use to calculate #s is ASB, ark smart breeding.  THere's links to the github page here in the forums or comes up right away in a google search.

17 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

He was mistaken on the melee, the max usable # for melee is 253-254.  I forget exactly which # gigas are at 253 or 254, but the the current gigas are maxed.  The reason they have weight added is they are used for meat runners. 

Extra points in HP is near worthless on gigas, as you get almost no benefit for any # of levels in HP.  It's the difference of 2880 hp (~7%?)after imprint TOTAL by having zero or 60 points inherited.  Weight goes from 840 weight to 1579.2(~90%?) after imprints from zero points to 88.  THis alone is enough to carry 300 stacks of meat without any points spent.  All levels gained, you simply spend on melee.  Nothing in the game will force you to need more hp after that.

THe program most players use to calculate #s is ASB, ark smart breeding.  THere's links to the github page here in the forums or comes up right away in a google search.

Eh, I guess I just like to be a bit cautious. Unlikely though it may be that the health point difference will matter I guess I've always gone on the assumption that it could be beneficial down the road. Guy sleeping with the machete adage and all that jazz.

3 hours ago, Lemoon said:

Thanks for all the advice and help, i play on extinction so i aimed to get highish health with 850+ DMG for purple orbitals. Lost so many Gigas because they were just too weak, even saddled up they managed to die. 

There are tricks you can use to survive longer.  You can use a tek forcefield and protect an area around the drop.  That can be used to buy your giga time to heal inside between waves.

Archived