Griffin diving swipe post nerf damage?

SaucyShop

I am a brand new ark player, so feel free to flame me. I've been trying to search for my answer rather than post here but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for and discussions relating to its exact damage seems to be pre nerf, and everything post nerf is just people saying it's useless in pvp now.

Anyways what is the diving swipe damage on a griffin? Ark wiki says 188 but idk if it's post or pre nerf. It also says that it's diving swipe does 10 to 15 times it's LANDING damage. The whole thing just confuses me, like why 10 to 15 times? What makes it 10 times vs 15 times? 

From what I found it seemed like atleast pre nerf the diving swipe damage equaled base diving damage (188 if that's what it was or is) multiplied by whatever your melee damage is ie 500%

So if 188 is the post nerf damage, at 500% melee damage you would be able to do 940 damage per swipe, which still seems good and if you pulled a double swipe you'd do 1880, which seems great so idk why people say it can't pvp.

However if the wiki is right and it does let's say 10 times landing damage, with a base damage of 27, times your 500% melee damage is 135 landing damage, multiple by 10 would be 1350 damage per swipe, if my math is right and the information is right.

Any idea which one Is the correct one? I'm on a pretty toxic pvp server where everyone in global chat literally tell new people to "not build" cause it's a "troll server". I'm about 2 weeks in and no matter where I go they find me, it's usual solos on wyverns who just go around hunting other players which is cool, but I'm just tryna figure out of I get a good griffin and get it to 500% melee, if I can stand my ground against a lone wyvern.

Sorry for the lengthy post and thank you in advance

12 hours ago, SaucyShop said:

Anyways what is the diving swipe damage on a griffin? Ark wiki says 188 but idk if it's post or pre nerf.

The wiki team for this game is quite good, and they pull most of their information directly from the dev kit, rather than patch notes or other sources, which means it's the data that actually gets used by the game. You should have a high degree of confidence that whatever the wiki says is the current information, so unless someone can post definitive information here including giving you their source or showing their testing, you should assume that the wiki is correct.

It also says that it's diving swipe does 10 to 15 times it's LANDING damage. The whole thing just confuses me, like why 10 to 15 times? What makes it 10 times vs 15 times?

I haven't looked into the griffin recently, but chances are that means there's a random factor in the damage which gives it a range of damage rather than a simple fixed number.

So if 188 is the post nerf damage, at 500% melee damage you would be able to do 940 damage per swipe, which still seems good and if you pulled a double swipe you'd do 1880, which seems great so idk why people say it can't pvp.

This I can't say, hopefully someone with recent PvP experience will be able to explain it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived