Community Crunch 304: Community Corner and More!

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator

People complain if there is no Community Crunch.

People complain if there is a Community Crunch, but with no EVO.

People complain if there is a Community Crunch with information, but with no EVO.

People complain if there is a Community Crunch with information and with an EVO.

People complain regardless.

Makes you wonder why Community Crunches are still made considering 90% of posts in response to it are always negative regardless of what is or isn't in the Crunch. 🤷‍♂️

19 hours ago, Alysson said:

"Oh god why transfers are not open, it's already been 2 months, even if the transfer only open at 3 months, why aren't they open why why why"

Geez guys, get a life.

Erm.... no.

It did indeed "used to be" 3 months but has not been that for.... 3(?) DLC's now. I can tell you for a fact that it was changed to 2 months quite some time ago.

So no - transfers do NOT open after 3 months. But nice try at being superior on the internet! However, maybe next time you stop and find out the facts of a situation BEFORE you make an arse of yourself in public 😄

Anyway, I'll be off now to go get a life or find some meds in my mum's basement or something equally "edgy"....

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

Numero uno…

See my above post 😉

5 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Sparse though the CC may be at times it's comforting to know that there's always a healthy dose of salt from entitled players screaming for more boosted rates rather than just leaving official to look forward to in these threads.

1) "Sparse" is very different to "completely empty"; 
2) It's comforting to know that every single week you will spew forth some inanity with a terrible stink of self-righteousness;
3) I saw no screaming nor any demand for boosted rates. Honestly - scroll up! The ONLY mention of boosted rates is yet another clown criticising people for demanding those rates despite the FACT that nobody has done so here.

But then, facts get in the way of internet-self-righteousness I guess.

• Facepalm 2

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Batfloke said:

Erm.... no.

It did indeed "used to be" 3 months but has not been that for.... 3(?) DLC's now. I can tell you for a fact that it was changed to 2 months quite some time ago.

So no - transfers do NOT open after 3 months. But nice try at being superior on the internet! However, maybe next time you stop and find out the facts of a situation BEFORE you make an arse of yourself in public 😄

Anyway, I'll be off now to go get a life or find some meds in my mum's basement or something equally "edgy"....

That's odd, considering Genesis Part 2 released June 3rd, and server transfers happened September 3rd.

I mean my math could be wrong, but that's 3 months.

Just now, GP said:

That's odd, considering Genesis Part 2 released June 3rd, and server transfers happened September 3rd.

I mean my math could be wrong, but that's 3 months.

That's odd, considering it wasn't released on the 3rd at all. That was its intended release date but for those of us who remember it and didn't just Google something the delay was hideous.

I mean, my calendar may be wrong but.... it isn't.

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Batfloke said:

That's odd, considering it wasn't released on the 3rd at all. That was its intended release date but for those of us who remember it and didn't just Google something the delay was hideous.

I mean, my calendar may be wrong but.... it isn't.

I mean yeah it really is odd.

I didn't even Google it. The information is right here.

Launch on 3 June:

The Youtube video of the release, which we know always comes the moment of release:

And how would you explain lots of Genesis Part 2 videos on Youtube dated 3rd and 4th June?

And I guess all these people on Twitter were lieing when they responded to this live release announcement.

Edited by GP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, GP said:

People complain if there is no Community Crunch.

People complain if there is a Community Crunch, but with no EVO.

People complain if there is a Community Crunch with information, but with no EVO.

People complain if there is a Community Crunch with information and with an EVO.

People complain regardless.

And Devs stubbornly don't listen to People.

We DO LOVE Community Crunch when Devs put some effort to carry of the People who play their game.

We dont need you moderators to stubbornly defend Devs. It's like the developers are spitting in our face and you are explaining that it's raining

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, slejo said:

We dont need you moderators to stubbornly defend Devs.

I'm not defending anyone. I'm stating facts. Look through the Crunches you'll see most of it is complaints regardless of what content is in it. That's a fact.

Also people claiming server transfers have been 2 months for ages, if they bothered to research their claims they'd see they've all been between 2.5 - 3 months. Whilst Lost Island so far hasn't even been 2.5 months.

You can claim i'm defending the Devs, but i'm pointing out facts is all.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Batfloke said:

saw no screaming nor any demand for boosted rates. Honestly - scroll up!

Third comment from the top was fussing over the briefness of the event. Perhaps take your own advice before you presume to tell others what they need to do. As for "self righteous" by all means explain where I'm doing acting so. Last I checked the bulk of my commentary has been on how entitled people get when there's an easier solution to the problems they tend to talk about. Rude? Probably. Self righteous? Hardly.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Xill74 said:

I think the people who complain about us complaining about no evo event, must work for Wildcard!

Nah, I just don't like watching people hem and haw and hurl insults while also keeping their hands out for a treat they never needed. Rake wildcard over the coals for the buggy mess of a game we play, not because you or some other schmuck had other matters to attend to during a rate boost.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Nah, I just don't like watching people hem and haw and hurl insults while also keeping their hands out for a treat they never needed. Rake wildcard over the coals for the buggy mess of a game we play, not because you or some other schmuck had other matters to attend to during a rate boost.

I can’t agree more.  When servers are already unstable (most of all Gen2 servers) evo events really take their toll on the servers.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, server pop cap is 70 but most of them can’t handle anymore than 50.  Especially if it’s a server that has been populated for 6 months or more.  With stryder saturation of servers resource harvesting is a joke even on 1x.  As far as taming, he’ll I remember the days of taming a spino or a quetz took 6 HOURS, a Rex took 4, so 1x taming isn’t terrible either.  As far as breeding and raising, we have maewings, the days of hand feeds for 12-20 hours are gone.  So what do boosted rates really do?  Well they do allow players to “stock up”, but more over they wreak havoc on the servers, so with unstable servers during events do you REALLY get to enjoy the evo event?  Objective thinking comes to the answer of “nope, not one bit”.

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2022 at 6:30 PM, Batfloke said:

Erm.... no.

LMAO, I don't know in which world you live, but Gen2 was 3 months, like the rest. You are counting on some >exceptions< and trying to make them the rule, well done, nice try. The standard time is 3 months, and if they don't say anything specific it will be 3 months like the rest.

But hey, quoting you, "nice try at being superior on the internet" *shrugs*

Good idea on returning to your "mom's" basement.

people always complain ,but i must say some of it is grounded, and i think after 6 years of ark ,U would think the game runs better ,the gen 2 servers r unstable crashing constantly, and tickets r not helping. Ark 2 i don't know about it if i wanna buy ,if u look at Atlas the same problems as Ark, why WC ,hire some people just for those fixes. The games r great, thats not were the problem lies, but servers maybe not great or give us the knowledge to whats wrong, why it runs like it does ,I understand that it's not easy to make a game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RavingDutchman said:

people always complain ,but i must say some of it is grounded, and i think after 6 years of ark ,U would think the game runs better ,the gen 2 servers r unstable crashing constantly, and tickets r not helping. Ark 2 i don't know about it if i wanna buy ,if u look at Atlas the same problems as Ark, why WC ,hire some people just for those fixes. The games r great, thats not were the problem lies, but servers maybe not great or give us the knowledge to whats wrong, why it runs like it does ,I understand that it's not easy to make a game.

See these seem like valid complaints. It's a 6 year old game with constant bugs and glitches in spite of receiving consistent support. Anywhere else most of not all of the primary issues people have would have been ironed out by like year two, maybe three. Though I feel like the problem is more so the game itself rather than the servers. To me it feels as though wildcard as a company delegates too much towards pumping out new content and trying to generate hype via social media platforms as opposed to biting the bullet and closing shop for a few days or weeks to try and fix their coding. Would people get mad at having no access to the game? Oh yeah. They'd be rabid. Especially if wildcard didn't back everything up before hand or maybe give acces to cryopods to those not at the tek stage for the duration of the fix. But in the long run it'd probably increase the game's longevity.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 4:48 PM, GP said:

I mean yeah it really is odd.

I didn't even Google it. The information is right here.

Launch on 3 June:

The Youtube video of the release, which we know always comes the moment of release:

And how would you explain lots of Genesis Part 2 videos on Youtube dated 3rd and 4th June?

And I guess all these people on Twitter were lieing when they responded to this live release announcement.

Batfloke came in trying to be superior at the internet but just got their ass handed to them. This is the best.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TekTusoteuthis said:

Batfloke came in trying to be superior at the internet but just got their ass handed to them. This is the best.

Considering they couldn't even be bothered to check the comment section before also trying to take a shot at me about needing to read it I get the feeling that's probably not a new occurrence to them. I guess the modus operandi is just to shoot off at the mouth and pray no one fact checks. Maybe chuck in a snide insult or strawman argument to be cheeky as they did with Alysson.

• Thanks 1

I won't pay for or play Ark2 unless they step it up a bit for ark1. These CC's every week aren't even worth posting anymore because they never have any info like they used to. I've played this game since launch and it's sad that we can't even rely on a weekly update just to let us know what's going on behind the scenes. I remember when we used to get Evo events just about every weekend but now who knows when we'll have one because it's certainly very few and far between compared to what it used to be. Good way to get rid of the player base. 

5 hours ago, Illicitmango said:

I remember when we used to get Evo events just about every weekend but now who knows when we'll have one because it's certainly very few and far between compared to what it used to be. Good way to get rid of the player base. 

You don't need an EVO to enjoy the game. 

• 1 year later...