Server has Reached Tame Cap and has been at tame cap for several days

Zandilar

I am not new to Ark, and find that even after I leave the game i have that itch to farm and raise and do all the things that Ark allows me to. I have been part of big tribes, and small tribe, on busy servers and quiet ones. I have never encountered this issue.

Two days ago, I logged in to do some breeding and things that i typically do. I keep my dino's in Cryo and pull them out when needed/when showing off. However, when I logged in, I was unable to breed. We also have a new person on the server who's unable to tame. The reason why, is because our server is tame capped.

Usually, in this instance, you wait a few hours and the person who over-cloned their tame limit will cryo their dinos from the night of cloning and we can breed and tame again. However, this has not been the case on the new Love Evolved event.

For the first 2 days of this event, my server has been unable to do anything. We can not breed, we can not tame. Everyone I know has their dino's cryo'd. At this point, I can not enjoy the game the way I want to... I have 43 dino's out, 30 are taken up by my stryders and the other 13 are babies and I barely contribute to the 5k server cap. 

Wildcard seems hellbent on ignoring it's community, and it makes me not want to buy ARK 2 because if they're just going to ignore us and not fix the issues that their hair-brained ideas have caused why should I continue to funnel my money into that company? 

I'm increasingly frustrated with this... I shouldn't have to move servers to enjoy the game i paid for.

This has happened to quite a few Gen2 servers, and tbh is to be expected during an event. I myself chose to avoid Gen2 over the event as I knew my server would be crashing more than normal, and it has been. Before cryopods some servers were tame capped for years, don;t expect any rules about tame caps to change now. Why not raise those babies elsewhere? Rates are the same on all maps over the event.

19 minutes ago, Luizza said:

This has happened to quite a few Gen2 servers, and tbh is to be expected during an event. I myself chose to avoid Gen2 over the event as I knew my server would be crashing more than normal, and it has been. Before cryopods some servers were tame capped for years, don;t expect any rules about tame caps to change now. Why not raise those babies elsewhere? Rates are the same on all maps over the event.

Yeah, I had planned on it and built a base on a separate map for that purpose, but had a falling out with some tribe members who ended up taking over that base and I just haven't had the chance, or resources to build a new base...

Regardless... You shouldn't have to change maps to breed or tame and what about tames that are map specific? For ex: Crystal Wyverns. I hate being punished because of the actions of a few people and that's what it feels like. I'm being punished because people won't put their stuff away. 

Normally, when we hit tame cap, by mid morning its lowered and you can proceed again.... but we've been sitting at tame cap for three days. We paid for this game and we're all just ok with this? 

3 minutes ago, Zandilar said:

Yeah, I had planned on it and built a base on a separate map for that purpose, but had a falling out with some tribe members who ended up taking over that base and I just haven't had the chance, or resources to build a new base...

Regardless... You shouldn't have to change maps to breed or tame and what about tames that are map specific? For ex: Crystal Wyverns. I hate being punished because of the actions of a few people and that's what it feels like. I'm being punished because people won't put their stuff away. 

Normally, when we hit tame cap, by mid morning its lowered and you can proceed again.... but we've been sitting at tame cap for three days. We paid for this game and we're all just ok with this? 

You paid for the game, you can still play the game.  THe official server network was never meant to be the end all be all game experience.  It's supplemental, what you paid for is the game - that you can play on single player, or private server.

Most of us who have played a long time, have experienced this several times already.  We survive by spreading our operations around to multiple servers so that we can play on stable ones during the events.  Very little is predictable which servers will be unplayable during an event. Aside from the most recent map and the map that element is the cheapest to farm, those 2 will always be the most likely to crash, but other servers can surprise you.  By keeping bases on more maps, you can quickly move what you need to and keep going.

1 minute ago, GrumpyBear said:

You paid for the game, you can still play the game.  THe official server network was never meant to be the end all be all game experience.  It's supplemental, what you paid for is the game - that you can play on single player, or private server.

Who do you know has effectively played Single Player? That's no fun! lol 

I like interacting with people, usually. Idk I guess I just needed to vent my frustrations. 

We're not ok with it at all, personally I think they should lower tribe tame caps to 250 or even 100 - no need to have all dinos out even when breeding. Taxidermy was a solution to those tribes who like flexing and displaying their dinos (which no-one else on PVE cares about) but they don't use it.

But as I said this has been going on a long, long time :(

2 minutes ago, Zandilar said:

Who do you know has effectively played Single Player? That's no fun! lol 

I like interacting with people, usually. Idk I guess I just needed to vent my frustrations. 

There is an internal list of dinos WC keeps an eye on.  If someone reports a tribe for having out too many dinos that are considered easy tames, that tribe can have their dinos wiped by a GM if they agree with the report.

To give you an idea, I've had allies lose their entire collections that were out because of too many featherlights.  If you see a tribe have 25+ shinehorns out or some other inconsequential shoulder pet type, you might want to take pictures and make a report.  I'm not saying that's a classy move, but when your server is sitting at tame cap for long periods of time, I see it as fair game play.

4 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

There is an internal list of dinos WC keeps an eye on.  If someone reports a tribe for having out too many dinos that are considered easy tames, that tribe can have their dinos wiped by a GM if they agree with the report.

To give you an idea, I've had allies lose their entire collections that were out because of too many featherlights.  If you see a tribe have 25+ shinehorns out or some other inconsequential shoulder pet type, you might want to take pictures and make a report.  I'm not saying that's a classy move, but when your server is sitting at tame cap for long periods of time, I see it as fair game play.

Also rafts, ppl hoard tame slots by placing lots of rafts, you can report those too and WC will wipe those.

1 minute ago, Luizza said:

Also rafts, ppl hoard tame slots by placing lots of rafts, you can report those too and WC will wipe those.

very good catch, this is also very true.  I saw someone try and make a water bridge from ocean platform to ocean platform on genesis1, Bridge was gone within 2days of reporting the tribe using 2 alternate tribes to evade tame limit to put out the # of rafts they used.  If you see a ring of 50 rafts, think about it for a minute or 2, you realize each raft counts as 19 towards the tame limit, and 50x19 is 950....if you catch the subtle details like that, you will craft a more persuasive report.

On 2/11/2022 at 4:04 PM, GrumpyBear said:

I actually did end up reporting it to Wildcard, and within a day we were able to do things again. Unfortunately, I got the generic "We can not update you on specifics" response. However, I like to think it helped. 

It took a couple days to get back up to Tame cap too.

Now i have the issue where my server has been down for 12 hours lol

Archived