Dinopithecus

itachi11115

Got my first dinopithecus on lost island. Absolutely love it, but I'm having trouble with the pack thing. Mine won't attract new monkeys to hang out around me. I even killed off another alpha to try and take his pack but they just ran off. Do I need to build my own pack? Can you tame females? The dossier suggests they would just automatically come to me

8 hours ago, itachi11115 said:

Got my first dinopithecus on lost island. Absolutely love it, but I'm having trouble with the pack thing. Mine won't attract new monkeys to hang out around me. I even killed off another alpha to try and take his pack but they just ran off. Do I need to build my own pack? Can you tame females? The dossier suggests they would just automatically come to me

From everything Iv seen, you got to build your own as suggested from above. Get a alpha male, then an alpha female, breed, boom like that.

On 2/11/2022 at 9:52 AM, itachi11115 said:

Dont always trust the dissier. It said that the giga is supposed to be slow and lumbering. They are wrong often.

On 2/13/2022 at 1:46 PM, Cowgirl said:

Dont always trust the dissier. It said that the giga is supposed to be slow and lumbering. They are wrong often.

In terms of sheer speed they kinda are, the issue is just they're so incredibly massive that their stride more than makes up for it. A 10 second run for your player at base speed is maybe three or four steps for a giga. 

4 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

In terms of sheer speed they kinda are, the issue is just they're so incredibly massive that their stride more than makes up for it. A 10 second run for your player at base speed is maybe three or four steps for a giga. 

Sorry that was meant to be about the wild ones, which are not slow, they were supposed to be easily outran. (if you check the dissier now it might be different but I 100% remember it being so when they announced them)

Archived