Covering some left behind vaults from a despawned base

Axolotl123

Official server PVE:  3 weeks ago i saw a abandoned TEK base. The tamed dinos around despawned the other day. After the TEK was gone, i covered the left behind vaults to get the loot.

Another player told me (covering)  is against the rules. I dont believe it. I think he will also get the stuff inside the vaults. But i was faster then him. This vaults belongs to no one, right ?

regards

Axo

5 hours ago, Axolotl123 said:

Official server PVE:  3 weeks ago i saw a abandoned TEK base. The tamed dinos around despawned the other day. After the TEK was gone, i covered the left behind vaults to get the loot.

Another player told me (covering)  is against the rules. I dont believe it. I think he will also get the stuff inside the vaults. But i was faster then him. This vaults belongs to no one, right ?

regards

Axo

The last time I vault watched, someone parked 2 quetzls on top of them.  Someone I know from the server reported it, within a couple days those quetzls had vanished.  I'd imagine it just really depends on if someone bothers to report it and also how they report it would probably factor in any GM action.

The polite thing to do it pillar all around them, and set down a tek forcefield.  Turn on the forcefield on the last day or hours, if they haven't shown by then, they won't be back in time for the last timers.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

Someone I know from the server reported it, within a couple days those quetzls had vanished. 

Classic case of passive aggressive PvE players. They missed out on the goods so they reported it even though it had nothing to do with them.

Had the owners had an issue, they would have re-set the timers when they saw the Quetzs.

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

How support handles those on a case-to-case basis is up to them.

I know,i report  2 times a tribe in my gen 2 server,take all water places in eden,devs remove structures in the trench but no in the underground ocean and other places,now have a tp over a lot of pillars in middle of my water pen

On 2/8/2022 at 12:50 PM, Dreadcthulhu said:

The vaults belong to the original tribe right up until the decay timer hits.  Blocking access to other people's stuff is against the TOS. That said, if the original tribe does not file a complaint, it is rare for anything to happen. 

Really?  I've had some guy on a PVE server block the entrance to my base with a tame. Wound up having to  build another entrance.

5 hours ago, PrinnyAntta said:

Really?  I've had some guy on a PVE server block the entrance to my base with a tame. Wound up having to  build another entrance.

Yeah, it was some legacy PvE server. I guess I got lucky in the lotto draw as later some random guy announced to the server about two gigas that had spawned. One was an 50 and the other was a 95. I had just gotten a small stash of kibble together and thought "why not?" But at that time, I only had a lil bit of paste so I could ony make one metal behemoth. I had to do the rest in stone, ontop of that, I screwed up and forgot the narco. The same guy who told everyone about the giga's wound up bringing me back narco after I had knocked it back out XD

I really didn't think much of the gigas back then, so I only went after the level 50 to try and save as many kibbles as I could.

22 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Yeah, it was some legacy PvE server. I guess I got lucky in the lotto draw as later some random guy announced to the server about two gigas that had spawned. One was an 50 and the other was a 95. I had just gotten a small stash of kibble together and thought "why not?" But at that time, I only had a lil bit of paste so I could ony make one metal behemoth. I had to do the rest in stone, ontop of that, I screwed up and forgot the narco. The same guy who told everyone about the giga's wound up bringing me back narco after I had knocked it back out XD

I really didn't think much of the gigas back then, so I only went after the level 50 to try and save as many kibbles as I could.

Glad that guy was able to help.. Know the pain of dealing with reknocking out a giga. Happened to me after a crash. I'm just glad someone was able to help me get my stuff back.  Still I'd hate to loose something like that due to blocking.

10 hours ago, PrinnyAntta said:

Glad that guy was able to help.. Know the pain of dealing with reknocking out a giga. Happened to me after a crash. I'm just glad someone was able to help me get my stuff back.  Still I'd hate to loose something like that due to blocking.

Luckily not only was the server decent, but I built in an area no one else wanted to build in......the snow.

Mega bases all in the swamps, beach's littered with huts and alpha tribes, and the red woods had a huge setup. But the snow had zero bases anywhere and what was there all seemed to be leftovers from decayed bases.  So yeah. It was just getting lucky on finding an official server

57 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Luckily not only was the server decent, but I built in an area no one else wanted to build in......the snow.

Mega bases all in the swamps, beach's littered with huts and alpha tribes, and the red woods had a huge setup. But the snow had zero bases anywhere and what was there all seemed to be leftovers from decayed bases.  So yeah. It was just getting lucky on finding an official server

Thought that was common. Except for my current server i haven't seen any bases in the snow except for my friend building there. Though have seen a mega base in the swamps. Luckily the guy was chill. Could've done without the alpha tribe pillaring the rest. Couldn't make a campfire after a leech attack. Happened when I first started but still.

9 hours ago, PrinnyAntta said:

Thought that was common. Except for my current server i haven't seen any bases in the snow except for my friend building there. Though have seen a mega base in the swamps. Luckily the guy was chill. Could've done without the alpha tribe pillaring the rest. Couldn't make a campfire after a leech attack. Happened when I first started but still.

Lol, yeah. That was a bit of a bummer when I tried to build a bed to help respawn my teammate after the swamp run. There was "some" pillaring. But like I said, it was after the gen 1 update. I think they left. In fact I had a couple places here n there where it was obvious they left and didn't come back. One of them I think had a cryo fridge and when it broke, all the cryopods was left behind.....I kinda cried a lil looking at the bag of dead cryo pods just pondering about all the dino's I was going to give a second life to but either the genny died or the server killed right em when the floor underneath the fridges gave out. :(

On 2/18/2022 at 7:41 PM, wizard03 said:

Lol, yeah. That was a bit of a bummer when I tried to build a bed to help respawn my teammate after the swamp run. There was "some" pillaring. But like I said, it was after the gen 1 update. I think they left. In fact I had a couple places here n there where it was obvious they left and didn't come back. One of them I think had a cryo fridge and when it broke, all the cryopods was left behind.....I kinda cried a lil looking at the bag of dead cryo pods just pondering about all the dino's I was going to give a second life to but either the genny died or the server killed right em when the floor underneath the fridges gave out. :(

Glad you didn't have to deal with too much pillaring. Sounds a lot better then mine. Could've stacked them on top of each other to travel the Arks. XD  Guess they moved on to other maps or something. Dang that stinks. Would've been nice to keep using those dinos. My guess is the gen died. I've had a time where I've been busy on another map and come back to broken wires and a couple dead cryos. Luckily the dead cryos were empty and were there mostly to recharge. Had a glitch I mean feature where Ihad to keep opening it because it had charge problems.

16 hours ago, PrinnyAntta said:

Glad you didn't have to deal with too much pillaring. Sounds a lot better then mine. Could've stacked them on top of each other to travel the Arks. XD  Guess they moved on to other maps or something. Dang that stinks. Would've been nice to keep using those dinos. My guess is the gen died. I've had a time where I've been busy on another map and come back to broken wires and a couple dead cryos. Luckily the dead cryos were empty and were there mostly to recharge. Had a glitch I mean feature where Ihad to keep opening it because it had charge problems.

yeah I noticed they wasn't charging up too fast....I logged out for 12 hours one day, and I swear some of them only had a 4 hour charge on em. o.o

On 2/21/2022 at 11:00 PM, wizard03 said:

yeah I noticed they wasn't charging up too fast....I logged out for 12 hours one day, and I swear some of them only had a 4 hour charge on em. o.o

Kind of soundsl like what I've experienced. Can't say how much it had left but do remember checking in to find no charge increase on the pods.

Archived