State of Classic PvP

Tylanater

I think Classic has been killed by cryopods and a few other decisions they've made. 5x rates is also way too high for classic. The nice thing about the classic pvp game is there's not endless pve/tek grinding and breeding in your basically unraidable cave. 5x makes the progress end way too fast. If you were to compare to old ark rates this would be an unofficial server with 20x rates. (rates have been permanently increased by 2x twice already and then the classic servers are 5x on top of that). I don't think most people interested in the classic game were interested in 20x servers back in the day. Also why are there a million classic servers? Honestly the mode just needs to be made permanent, on like a 3-6 month wipe cycle with 1 or 2 of each map.

• 4 weeks later...

I disagree completely. Playing in one of the Classic mega tribes without cryopods my fps got killed and on top of that when people came to grief they would just come snipe tames. What killed classic is them adding gigas into the game because the appeal was you can foot pvp. Nets kind of killed the game also. We enjoy the 5x also because no one wanted gigas but because there is such a huge problem with aimbotters on 25 mans we need the gigas so its nice having two days. Once you get super built up you will understand that cryopods were much needed. No one wants to sit at a base with 300+ tames out so bad 

@Tylanater I disagree with you completely about the rates. The 5x is great imo. It doesn't get you to end game too quick because there is no endgame in sandbox pvp games. What needs to be adjusted in the next season is netting and Gigas. The biggest thing hurting classic is arkpoc I think. Once all the megas blew themselves up and the winners grew bored they looked for something new and Arkpoc is very much attractive to the type of players that like server wipes ala classic.

On 3/2/2022 at 11:50 AM, Hamburgler said:

Playing in one of the Classic mega tribes without cryopods my fps got killed and on top of that when people came to grief they would just come snipe tames. What killed classic is them adding gigas into the game because the appeal was you can foot pvp. Nets kind of killed the game Once you get super built up you will understand that cryopods were much needed. No one wants to sit at a base with 300+ tames out so bad 

You are pretty much just describing the no tek cluster that ark already has. Classic is supposed to be different from that. It sounds like you just want no tek.

On 3/4/2022 at 7:15 PM, Tylanater said:

classic was dead on arrival this season. Servers with only 10 people on them in the first couple days.

Not true. Just last week the last of the megas were fighting on the cluster and fielding 50-60 players on the server. I think that's over now and haven't seen a spike like that since. 

On 3/8/2022 at 6:10 AM, nox1399 said:

I hardly see 5-10 people on the server 

yup that where classic is at there is only like one server that might get 15 ppl online but at the moment id say the server will have like 60 players on it at the moment all together. I looked last night and 12 servers have a population of 0 and 10 had one person online. Its time for a wipe. Classic will probably be popular again if they remove gigas. The whole appeal used to be theriz was meta dps and you can foot pvp. But gigas kind of broke the game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 1:00 PM, Hamburgler said:

It just looks like that people get Epic games accounts and they dont show up on battlemetrics or server population for some reason.

that isn't as common as you think it is. Most people don't want to leave behind their old accounts. A full server is still like 55 steam players at least. No servers is 5 steam players and 65 epic players. Classic was dead on arrival.

Gigas definitely dont belong into classic. Quetz platform saddles arent needed either imo. The high rates and cryo pods i dont know, they do have their advantages. I agree tho that the season is pretty much over, the fights have been fought, only one big tribe is left and no new ppl will start on a now dead cluster where the servers will wipe in a few weeks. Part of why the pop was lower or dropped quicker this season was the insane cheating that was going on. And not only this season, all snail game hosted seasons (classic and conquest) have had huge issues with cheaters in the past, leading to player loss.

On 3/26/2022 at 10:46 PM, Tylanater said:

that isn't as common as you think it is. Most people don't want to leave behind their old accounts. A full server is still like 55 steam players at least. No servers is 5 steam players and 65 epic players. Classic was dead on arrival.

then its obvious who hasnt been playing this season xD. Ill give you video of my tribe alone

On 3/29/2022 at 8:32 AM, Tylanater said:

it is obvious, smalls is way sweatier than classic and a full smalls server (when that ever even happens) is still vast majority steam

Probably right but not everyone has the times that comes with having to play small tribes which is why i enjoy the 25 man cluster i dont have to be online as if it was a full time job. But this is a classic thread so i dont really care about smalls xd

Archived