Any stats idea to a rex army to fight the alpha overseer?!

SirIndoraptor

I am not sure if mine were OP or just right, but I bred a squad with 1k melee and 80k health.  I did solo on a yuty with close to the same stats.  The hardest part was getting through the tek-cave now that we can't bring a giga in to clear it, so I used a handful of pheromone darts to lure stuff into the magma when I could.

12 hours ago, SirIndoraptor said:

I am getting ready for a battle with the Alpha overseer for the first time ever so yeah any ideas rex stats i need?

overseer is more about surviving the fight, then wrecking the boss as fast as possible. More points into health is best, that is unless you got super crazy mutated rex's. In which case 70k health and 1000% melee is obviously good to go.
With that said, you may also bring tek rex saddles for long distance pew pew, but make sure your rex has good ole ascendent saddles you can switch back to just in case things get a lil close quarters. 

• 9 months later...
On 2/8/2022 at 9:26 AM, maxplanck58 said:

1k melee and 80k health

80K health!?

image.png.5fb2cba051b540491dcfc64356d581bb.png

That's probably waaay too much health, especially if you have a daedon and a yuty. You could probably get by with 60k, maybe 40k if you're willing to craft op saddles for all of them, or if you're willing to lose some of them. Pretty sure 40-50k is a good amount. How much damage do they do? I'm too lazy to do the math with 1k melee, but I'd guess it's probably a little under 1k raw damage, right? 800-900ish damage unlevelled (not saying that much health is bad, just saying it might be overkill. You've literally created tiny wild gigas without bleed).

Cheers, good luck overseer running, and happy ARKing!

1 hour ago, Griffin998 said:

If you've got access to them, bring some deinons into the fight. They may be squishy, but they can do some serious damage, especially when mutated. Their bleed as well as their raw damage and dps is a real boss killer.

Im setting back up for anouther run through everything again. Right now our rex's are comeing out with 9k health, and 700 melee with imprint. I could prolly work mutations in, but I feel like leveling them up enough and throwing in some  boss theri's is going to be the best bet. And same recipe as before....Tek saddles for pew, ascendent saddles for up close.

Tying to find said saddles however is a bit of a pain.....fished half the map to death, ran the hard ice cave, hard water cave, and swamp cave so many times its ridiculous, and the most impressive thing Iv gotten is a spino saddle. bleh

On 2/8/2022 at 6:08 PM, DirkInSA said:

Ha Ha - according to other posts - a 290% damage pump shotty and a lot of shells ........... No dinos at all.

But I ain't ever done it so feel free to ignore this.

yes, you can defeat it by entering the Tek Cave with a good Rockdrake leveled in stamina and health plus cactus broth and various soups for the temperatures, you cross the whole cave as many ninjas as you can, then equipped with a Tek suit and shotgun you face the boss without even touching the ground. the amount of ammunition to bring depends on how many players enter, going in ten at least 300 bullets per person are sufficient, I don't know if it is feasible to do it even alone (there is also the time limit to consider)

11 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

80K health!?

That's probably waaay too much health, especially if you have a daedon and a yuty. You could probably get by with 60k, maybe 40k if you're willing to craft op saddles for all of them, or if you're willing to lose some of them. Pretty sure 40-50k is a good amount. How much damage do they do? I'm too lazy to do the math with 1k melee, but I'd guess it's probably a little under 1k raw damage, right? 800-900ish damage unlevelled (not saying that much health is bad, just saying it might be overkill. You've literally created tiny wild gigas without bleed).

Rex basic damage at 100% is 62

the amount of health depends on how you plan on tackling the Tek Cave (and if in Pvp or Pve), 50k HP with over 1k Dmg may be enough for the Overseer but keep in mind that you have to deal with the tek cave first..

On 2/8/2022 at 10:06 AM, SirIndoraptor said:

I am getting ready for a battle with the Alpha overseer for the first time ever so yeah any ideas rex stats i need?

Hi man, you play in PVP or PVE

Edit:

I'm sorry I saw now that your question was from February :D you will have already addressed it now, how did it go? did you beat the Overseer?

On 11/29/2022 at 4:11 PM, pavel12 said:

Are these stats still good for singleplayer worlds?

4 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

Hi man, you play in PVP or PVE

Edit:

I'm sorry I saw now that your question was from February :D you will have already addressed it now, how did it go? did you beat the Overseer?

yeah beat it but lost my data and are doing it agian but last time there was no dinos in the cave so it made it "pretty" easy but now i think that wont happend.

and i play on pvp:)

On 12/5/2022 at 6:01 PM, Griffin998 said:

I mean, spinos could be just as viable as rexes. Is it a bp?

yeah, but its an ascension saddle for 59 armor........like Im already going to have enough of a problem getting all the resources together anyhow, but its only for double the protection of a primitive saddle. x.x

On 12/5/2022 at 7:24 PM, Griffin998 said:

80K health!?

it worked for me... but gotta say this guys took all my clothes of and died when i was like a second from ascend which was... heartbreaking and have it all on video!!

On 12/5/2022 at 7:28 PM, Griffin998 said:

If you've got access to them, bring some deinons into the fight. They may be squishy, but they can do some serious damage, especially when mutated. Their bleed as well as their raw damage and dps is a real boss killer.

gotta say the shadowmanes are even better!!

On 2/8/2022 at 6:26 PM, maxplanck58 said:

I am not sure if mine were OP or just right, but I bred a squad with 1k melee and 80k health.  I did solo on a yuty with close to the same stats.  The hardest part was getting through the tek-cave now that we can't bring a giga in to clear it, so I used a handful of pheromone darts to lure stuff into the magma when I could.

did the same

• Volunteer Moderator
On 12/6/2022 at 5:53 AM, CervantesMor said:

yes, you can defeat it by entering the Tek Cave with a good Rockdrake leveled in stamina and health plus cactus broth and various soups for the temperatures, you cross the whole cave as many ninjas as you can, then equipped with a Tek suit and shotgun you face the boss without even touching the ground. the amount of ammunition to bring depends on how many players enter, going in ten at least 300 bullets per person are sufficient, I don't know if it is feasible to do it even alone (there is also the time limit to consider)

There is no time limit for the Overseer fight. The timer at the top of the screen is the timer for the closing of the Tek door when you enter the Tek cave.

Archived