Community Crunch 302: Introducing Desmodus, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

On 2/4/2022 at 8:11 PM, MGardner89 said:

Dear Wildcard, as crazy as it sounds can we please get a beginner server for scorched / abberation? It seems odd, but some of us like difficulty of a capped server. PS give us gas masks on island, I’m trying to beat the bosses, but need swamp cave!

I'm pretty sure you can just use a scuba tank in that cave 

3 hours ago, kaprosuchus93 said:

The Game Has SEVEN, I Say, SEVEN Large Theropods! Does ARK Really Need Another Large Theropod in Vanilla? Not in My Opinion.

That's your opinion, not the opinion of the people who voted for carchar. Let me remind you enough people voted for it to take second in both votes, which was enough to catch wildcards attention.

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, kaprosuchus93 said:

The Game Has SEVEN, I Say, SEVEN Large Theropods! Does ARK Really Need Another Large Theropod in Vanilla? Not in My Opinion.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, people have different opinions and wants for the game.

But what's the purpose of complaining about a free dino coming to the game?

18 hours ago, PersonL said:

I have beat swamp cave with full ghillie and medbrew spam every few seconds, the bigger problem is not having cryos and therefore limits dino accesss tremendously but im sure its doable if you were to try some stuff out and experiment

Did you do a Dino inside or did you just bug spray it up and run?! I’ve been trying to figure out a way to do this. I will try your example with the brews. Thanks!

For me the biggest attraction of ARK has always been the dinosaurs(aka reptiles), not so much other extinct or fictional creatures. I think that's what gives ARK that distinct almost otherworldly atmosphere. Creatures that you can't generally associate visually with real life existing ones.  So, I'm always a fan of seeing any such creatures added even if they somewhat overlap existing ones as long as they remain a viable (don't have to be better) and offer utility.

I would have preferred if each Map had a more distinct creature pool and style rather than sharing the same pool. That would have made for more distinct Map experiences/theme & gameplay balance and allowed more creatures to be added without overlapping their abilities. 

Edited by KingOfAshes

On 2/4/2022 at 7:55 PM, StudioWildcard said:

I'd still advise you to hunt these horrors out in the light and away from their caves – they seem uniquely adept at flying and hiding in those dark, narrow spaces.

So just spit balling here but I'm guessing this means that this'll be a tame with a tight turn radius which is definitely appreciated in aerial combat. Perhaps I'm overthinking it but the drained meat bit in the domestication section seems to imply that it might actually have a use as a jerky producer as well, something I mentioned in the past as being something that would be useful in the bloodstalker given its sanguinivorous nature. Would be nice to see this added. Kinda let down at the lack of a midair grapple but overall I'm quite pleased with what I'm seeing thus far. 

On 2/4/2022 at 9:09 PM, kaprosuchus93 said:

It's Because I'm Not Familiar with the Voting System for Fjordur. It was Different from the Lost Island One.

So the vote was rigged because you personally failed to understand it amongst a sea of people. Where you one of those kids in school who assumed the other kid was cheating because he knew how to set up a two way trap in connect four?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, InfinightGamer said:

Can we add like a full on tameable dragon? Like I think that would be mad cool. Just imagine flying through the skies on a giant dragon. You on it's back feeling the wind in your hair and stuff.  It would be real cool not even gonna lie.

There something wrong with wyverns and drakes my guy? 

15 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

There something wrong with wyverns and drakes my guy? 

Wyverns could finally get a saddle and Drakes could have a slightly higher attack speed... but that´s just my opinion and nothing that would justify adding a new Dragon-creature... so we wouldn´t need that.
Also there are planty of mods adding broken Dragons...

that's so stupid! ark has enough land and air animals! way too many! Aquatic animals are always neglected! no new aggressive sharks or other large aquatic animals.....it's so pathetic and sad from wildcard. e.g. Heliproctocon or New Species Cuttlefish. Wildcard can add at least 10 new water animals so that there is a balance between water / land and air! Wildcard always PROMISED to add water animals or pure water cards, but we players are always disappointed!

Edited by Exxus

On 2/5/2022 at 8:11 PM, MGardner89 said:

Dear Wildcard, as crazy as it sounds can we please get a beginner server for scorched / abberation? It seems odd, but some of us like difficulty of a capped server. PS give us gas masks on island, I’m trying to beat the bosses, but need swamp cave!

The gas mask is available on the island.  Frankly if ur not high enough in level to get the gas mask, u have no business fighting the dragon.  Gamma dragon eats alpha brood or kong for breakfast, WITHOUT ANY MILK!

Also u can get gasmasks from deep sea drops...And u can create cryopods at obs and supply drops(In response to the 1 guy saying no cryos).  Hands down hardest cave is the snow cave and cryos make it easier.  Of course you could carry some explosives(For purlovia) and run on the walls with a megalania.

On 2/5/2022 at 8:11 PM, MGardner89 said:

The gas mask is available on the island.  Frankly if ur not high enough in level to get the gas mask, u have no business fighting the dragon.  Gamma dragon eats alpha brood or kong for breakfast, WITHOUT ANY MILK!

Also u can get gasmasks from deep sea drops...And u can create cryopods at obs and supply drops(In response to the 1 guy saying no cryos).  Hands down hardest cave is the snow cave and cryos make it easier.  Of course you could carry some explosives(For purlovia) and run on the walls with a megalania.