Community Crunch 302: Introducing Desmodus, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

26 minutes ago, kaprosuchus93 said:

It's Because I'm Not Familiar with the Voting System for Fjordur. It was Different from the Lost Island One.

That is a really bad excuse. They explained very clearly in the vote how it worked. That you place your most desired pick in the top and least desired in the bottom. If you misunderstood, that on you. You misunderstanding does not equal "rigged".

22 minutes ago, Tom77795 said:

How was the vote rigged. Please stop spreading nonesense. 

the reason the bat won is because it’s unique and special, while the other options were nice too the bat is definitely a unique edition to the game.

i’m sorry but why would people want a bison? Out of all the unique choices that actually offers something new, you want a bison which literally adds nothing new to the game? In my opinion the bison was the least unique option on the list. It charges forward, ok cool rhino can do same thing, it can harvest things ok cool once again so can other tames. 

Oh it helps with breeding? Maewing and couple other tames already do that and incubator exists nowadays. 

what exactly does the bison offer that would actually be new and beneficial? Nada that’s why it lost. 

the other dino that won, won out of pity because the last few dino votes it always came close to the top but never quite 1st place. It’s as simple as that. 

i’m not saying the bison wouldn’t be a nice addition to the game i just find literally all the other choices to be way more unique and actually bring something new to the game. 

i run a cluster and i personally know at least 100 people voted for the bat just from my cluster, the numbers are legit. 

Those Arguments You Said about the Bison Should Also Apply to Carcharodontosaurus. What's it Going to Do that the Seven Large Theropods in the Game Don't Do Already?

Bleed? Allos, Carnos and Wild Gigas!

Meat Harvesting? A lot of Utility or Face Eaters like Therizinosaurus or Rex!

Roars? Yutyrannus!

2 minutes ago, TekTusoteuthis said:

That is a really bad excuse. They explained very clearly in the vote how it worked. That you place your most desired pick in the top and least desired in the bottom. If you misunderstood, that on you. You misunderstanding does not equal "rigged".

To Clarify, I Didn't Know I Had to Actually Move my Creature Selection is a Particular Order as I Wanted since I was Familiar to the Lost Island Voting System.

• Facepalm 1

41 minutes ago, kaprosuchus93 said:

Those Arguments You Said about the Bison Should Also Apply to Carcharodontosaurus. What's it Going to Do that the Seven Large Theropods in the Game Don't Do Already?

Bleed? Allos, Carnos and Wild Gigas!

Meat Harvesting? A lot of Utility or Face Eaters like Therizinosaurus or Rex!

Roars? Yutyrannus!

I have never once defended the Carcharodontosaurus nor claimed it offers anything new, so your argument is invalid lol better luck next time.

Perhaps pay attention and read again what i wrote. I clearly said they are adding that out of pity. 

but in any case it’s still better than the bison to me at least, it’s a carnivore that’s bigger than a rex if i recall correctly. Much rather have that than a bison.

Edited by Tom77795

The Desmodus looks gorgeous! A shriek like that sounds awesome and the mood of this creature belongs in a cave. Love it but a few last minute ideas my gut be echo location (candied ring it has the ears for it) or something similar to the tapa, where it can cling to walls. Also is it confirmed if we can ride it?

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, kaprosuchus93 said:

To Clarify, I Didn't Know I Had to Actually Move my Creature Selection is a Particular Order as I Wanted since I was Familiar to the Lost Island Voting System.

That's rather unfortunate, and is why people should always take the time to read the instructions provided.

So assuming you just submitted your selection as the page appeared, please let me clarify something myself:

The list of 10 creatures always appeared random. When the list displayed for you, if you refreshed the page the list would be completely different from before, meaning that if anyone, such as yourself, didn't know what to do and just submitted the list as it was then the one in 1st place would not be the same for every one.

So there is nothing rigged about this, you just didn't have the understanding of how it works and what to do with it, which was provided at the time. Just got to learn a lesson here for next time, if there is a next time.

As for Carchar, well it came second in both community votes, which indicates it was extremely popular more than any other creatures, besides the ones that came first place. So Wildcard did a nice thing and decided to introduce it. Since when is a nice thing a bad thing?

Oh my gosh, I can't wait to tame that bat!  

But, most important, it's breedable? :P also, don't make it croggy during the day. Bats have an amazing eyesight and can even fly around during the day xD I would like to have a creature that can fly only on the night 😅 also because. They're pretty active also in their caves during the day.

Edited by MayaPatch

• Volunteer Moderator

I'm curious if the Bat will have auto scream like the Sino. If not, then you can have the Sino on auto scream for the little horrors, and then manually scream with the bat to scare bigger horrors.

I'm assuming the bat can scare anything up to its own drag wait.

I'll be disappointed it it is a slow flyer too, bats are always fast. Actually part of me is thinking it may fly faster at night and slower in the day. 🤔

Edited by GP

Color me curious with this sanguine elixir. Does it work like biotoxin in keeping a creature unconscious or does it play a more active role in actually taming the creature? Or am I off the mark here completely haha. The stealth mode sounds like it'll be something similar to the rockdrake ability as well? Unfortunately sounds like I wont get to use the carry ability as I play PvE but overall, interesting creature! Looking forward to it and the new map being added.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kaprosuchus93 said:

I Hate Both the Bat and Carchar for Two Reasons: the Bat cause the Vote was Rigged and the Fact that Carcharadontosaurus is Added For Free for No Reason and No Justice is Given for the Poor Giant Bison or the Other Creative Votes for Fjordur.

I am sure you would have found the vote completely fair and justified if your preference won.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rupertoark said:

sorry but rates in official pve xbox is active? im breed and rise but not are actives.... imprint 7:59hs etc

farm is x2 OK

Rates are working fine on Xbox. resources, taming, xp are doubled, Breeding cooldown is halved, egg hatching speed is faster, creatures raise faster and get more imprint in that 8 hour time frame. Just a friendly bit of advice: don't rely on the imprint timer to know if the event is working, they change/mess it up every time an event is active.

22 hours ago, MGardner89 said:

Dear Wildcard, as crazy as it sounds can we please get a beginner server for scorched / abberation? It seems odd, but some of us like difficulty of a capped server. PS give us gas masks on island, I’m trying to beat the bosses, but need swamp cave!

I have beat swamp cave with full ghillie and medbrew spam every few seconds, the bigger problem is not having cryos and therefore limits dino accesss tremendously but im sure its doable if you were to try some stuff out and experiment

18 hours ago, GP said:

As for Carchar, well it came second in both community votes, which indicates it was extremely popular more than any other creatures, besides the ones that came first place. So Wildcard did a nice thing and decided to introduce it. Since when is a nice thing a bad thing?

The Game Has SEVEN, I Say, SEVEN Large Theropods! Does ARK Really Need Another Large Theropod in Vanilla? Not in My Opinion.